Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can anyone recommend an umbrella fold stroller.  off to london in a week so need something very portable to take on the tube etc.  Needs to be quite supportive for LO.

thanks

·
Registered
5,561 Posts
we have the Silver Cross Pop and it has been fab, even comes with a shoulder carry strap

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Depends how much money you want to spend.

We bought this for DS:

http://www.pramcentreonline.co.uk/shop/product.php?product_id=7890

Its very light so good for public transport and holidays. Not the best for pushing but it came with a footmuff, raincover and changing bag for £50 so good value. I needed it for SIL & MIL who watch kids when Im at work and for in the car for shopping trips so it does the job.

If I had more money I would have got a Maclaren Quest as I had one for DD but I think they are about £120 now and wanted a footmuff too so probably another £30 for that. Im still using my pram, but when I stop using that I think I'll get another Quest.

·
Registered
5,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies...probably not more than £100 as still plan to mainly use our quinny buzz, just need this for public transport and camping trips!

·
Premium Member
29,892 Posts
Hi piepig

We have the Maclaren Quest, prior to that we have had several
we had a cosatto which is ok for little but found it hard to manouvere once ds was heavier, we had a maclaren triumph which ds loved when awake but wasnt good for sleeping as he liked his legs up and had no footrest

that said its lightweight he had a buzz at the time and i think he liked the comfort factor, but he absouletly loves the quest, even now at 2.5 yrs he sleeps in it sometimes 2-3 hrs if we are out and about!

lots of online stores have saleson so am sure you may pick one up as a bargain

otherwise how about trying netmums ???
or ebay

Em

·
Premium Member
5,366 Posts
I was just about to suggest the Obaby as a cheaper alternative to the maclaren quest, as SFT says it is very, very similar. The only difference I found from comparing them both in store is the quest is a bit lighter.

The Zen which is made by babies r us is a really nice stroller too, a ff lent me one when DS was small as my travel system had to be sent off for repair and he was very comfortable in it, its uitable from birth. :)

Its on offer at the moment too for £89.99 and includes parasol, rain cover and cosy toes. Here's a link

http://www.toysrus.co.uk/Babies-R-Us/Travel-and-Pushchairs/Travel-Systems-and-Pushchairs/Pushchairs-and-Strollers/Zen-All-Weather-Pushchair-in-Linear(0073864)

/links

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.