Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear Peter

I posted to You a few days ago re chemical pregnancies.

I am really confused as to what happened this time.

My beta 13dpt was 5.7. At 15dpt it was 10.2 and I had started to bleed heavily so the cyclogest was discontinued.

After 5 days of heavy bleeding I did another hpt just to check it was all over and it came out++++++.

The following day my beta was checked again 200!

My consultant thought that I now had a viable pregnancy but 2 days later the beta was down to 87.

What has happened ?

Many thanks
Sally.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Dear Peter,

Sorry it,s me again. I have now started to bleed again 3 days after the beta reading of 87.

Is it possible that originally it was a twin pregnancy and did stopping the treatment after the first bleed hinder any chances the other embryo might have had?

Many thanks for your advice so far.

Sally

·
Registered
856 Posts
Please see my comments in your text:

hooch said:
Dear Peter

I posted to You a few days ago re chemical pregnancies.

I am really confused as to what happened this time.

My beta 13dpt was 5.7. At 15dpt it was 10.2 and I had started to bleed heavily so the cyclogest was discontinued.

After 5 days of heavy bleeding I did another hpt just to check it was all over and it came out++++++.

The following day my beta was checked again 200!

My consultant thought that I now had a viable pregnancy but 2 days later the beta was down to 87.

What has happened ?

This is a difficult one which I cannot really shed much light on without a detailed review of your notes. I suggest that you book a full review with your clinic to re-assess your case and to sort out what happened in this cycle.

Many thanks
Sally.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts