Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just tested 6dpt and have gotten a negative....I am devastated. I had all the symptoms of prg so I can't believe this I have such bad period pains all day....feeling sick all the time.....does anyone no what the chances of this changing are?
Tested this morning and got my ^BFP^ I am delighted so I have answered my own question YES it can change.....
Have a nice day
Mary ;D ;D

·
Registered
5,891 Posts
6dpt seems awfully early to test.  Is this the date you have been recommended to test or have you tested early? 

·
Premium Member
13,427 Posts
Mary- you're far too early to be testing, most clinics test 14 days post EC or 14 days post ET at least. Good thing is that you know the HCG is out of your system so any testing from hereon in will be a true result.  Good luck.  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

·
Registered
7,317 Posts
Mary you naughty thing ^police^ ^bigbad^ don't be testing yet! its too early!

I tested on 6dpt and got a BFN and i was pleased! coz now i knew all the trigger had gone which was the exact reason why i tested on that day, if you had got a BFP it would only have been trigger at this stage and you would have worried about that. NOw you know its gone but WAIT til your test day to test again hun. ^hugme^

FYI - when i tested on day 9 past transfer i got the weakess little second line and that was with twins on board who implanted early,it then got darker every 2 days but seriously testing on day 6 is way to early to be expecting a BFP. PLease wait longer coz remember nacknick hers didn't even show up BFP til day 16! she was BFN on official test day so they can implant late. You will just do your own head in and that will make you (you know what ;)) so please, please wait hunni ^hugme^

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks ladies
I spoke to clinic and they said I tested too soon, that it would not show up in urine yet....Eggshare you have cheered me up thanks.

Mary

·
Registered
11,791 Posts
Hi Mary

^hugme^  I would also say its too early to test the embies would only just be getting ready to implant at that stage.

I would hold off until your official test day.

Lots of luck  ^reiki^  ^reiki^  ^reiki^

x x x x

·
Registered
912 Posts
Mary I did the same as you but I tested on day 9 I think it was!!! I know it's hard to wait but YOU are definately tooooooo early. Please don't cry your embies definately won't have settled into ther new home just yet.

Good Luck with getting that BFP xx

sarah x

·
Premium Member
17,093 Posts
Hi

Have to agree with the others I'm afraid....6dpt is way way too early to be testing ! ^police^

You need to allow your embryo to implant and release enough HCG hormone for hpt to detect.

All the drugs we take through treatment and then especially the HCG trigger injection before EC and the progesterone support through 2ww can cause pregnancy like symptoms.  HCG injection is basically same as the hormone released from implanted embryo and progesterone is what prepares womb for possible implantation and then if pg supports early pg until placenta takes over.  I would try not to over analyse any symptoms (or lack of them) as there really is no way of knowing what's happening.

I know it's not easy but clinics advise an official test day because you're more likely to get an accurate result at this time.  The HCG injection can stay in your body for up to 14 days and give false positive results....the only thing with you testing so early and getting a -ve result is that it shows the injection is out of your body so any +ve result you now get should be a genuine one....but any -ve result you get early doesn't mean that that's the end....

Stay positive and wait until your official test day before testing again.

Good luck
Natasha

·
Registered
13 Posts
I agree with everyone its far to early, i made that mistake i tested 10 days after et and got a neg (i was so upset) then 2 days later i tested & got a positive so i got myself in such a state for nothing  ;D

Good luck XXXX

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks very much ladies I go for Blood test tommorrow OTD. am very nervous about it.  anyhow will let you all know.

Mary  ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^

·
Premium Member
11,096 Posts
Good luck tomorrow Mary  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

·
Registered
912 Posts
Congratulations Mary!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^  Now let that be a lesson to everyone DO NOT TEST EARLY !! it causes unneccesary heartache

·
Registered
13 Posts
Oh yes thats great news  ^clapping^ ^banana^  well done XXXXX

·
Registered
849 Posts
fantastic news well done on you BFP
best wishes

Kate

·
Premium Member