Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

did you experience AF pains during your 2ww, but went onto get a BFP?

• Had AF pains and BFP

Votes: 1,029 86.0%
  • Had no AF pains and BFP

Votes: 168 14.0%
1 - 20 of 608 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Girls  :)

Just wondering if AF pains during 2ww is a sign its all over, you hear about people being convinced AF is coming but they get a BFP, just wondering how often?

^thank you^

·
Registered
526 Posts
Hi

I had a/f pains during my 2ww and got a positive, they were quite painful at the start, probably due to all the 'messing about down there' but they did become more mild.  In fact I am still getting the odd one now, but only mild. 

When I had my ds, I can vividly remember being convinced i was going to come on as usual, i was even using protection, then when I missed my due date I tested and it was positive, however I still got af pains for a few weeks after, my husband keeps reminding me of that to help me cope with the ones I am getting now.

probably waffled a bit here, sorry

Cheryl x  :)

·
Premium Member
1,043 Posts
Hi flowerpot

I had af pains in 2ww and got a positive.  The pains were so bad I was doubled up and was so convinced af was about to show.

Hope this helps.

Terri xx

·
Registered
651 Posts
It is good to know bfp still comes with af pains, I test friday and af had af pains since weekend, bit milder today, no bleeding though....Fingers crossed
Good luck flowerpot
xxxxx :)

·
Registered
154 Posts
Hi

I had AF type pains the night before I tested. I was so convinced that I was going to start that I got out of bed to put an ST on!! The following morning AF hadn't arrived so I did a test and got a BFP!! I still have slight AF type pains now - must just be pregnancy pains - very similar to AF pains.

Good luck.

Rach. x

·
Premium Member
8,035 Posts
I felt very premenstrual before I tested, and had AF pains the day after I tested positive (I tested early so really was still in my 2ww).  Felt exactly like the cramps I get just as AF begins, but it didn't. 

Good luck!  ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Jayne x

·
Premium Member
10,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks girls and congratulations to all those who got their BFP!!  :)

I'm sat here with AF due today with aches and pains but no AF.  This knicker watch is a killer! xxx

·
Premium Member
9,037 Posts
I had no AF pains during the 2ww, but then, I never do.  I only ever get AF pains once she's shown her ugly head!

When I was pregnant, I did get AF type pains, but they started a few days after my BFP.

Marie xx

·
Premium Member
1,980 Posts
I had AF pains through all my 2wws  - both BFN and BFP. The difference on the BFP cycle was that by Day 12/13 they were getting stronger.

Good luck!

Nicky x

·
Premium Member
1,565 Posts
Hi there,

I had very bad stomach cramps in the tww and was convinced that the cycle had failed.

Fortunately I was wrong.

Take Care.

Edna

·
Registered
432 Posts
I am so pleased to have read this, I test on Thursday and yesterday and today have felt for the first time as if the tx has not worked due to AF pains, but there is still hope.

Janna

·
Premium Member
10,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
/bump

bumping this up as its good for us girlies on the 2ww

Thanks everyone for your replies,

I keep referring back to this on days like today when AF is due, I'm in agony with AF pains but nothing has come yet!

·
Registered
213 Posts
Did any of you girls get "quivering" along with your pains?  Today is day 13 of my 2WW and I got pains similar to AF yesterday on and off in the morning and then the evening, along with strange quivering sensations.  I've never had these before ever, not even during my last two 2WW.  I can't decide if they're a good sign or not!  Any ideas?

Eggsey xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

·
Registered
563 Posts
Wow, 90% had AF pains, that's really reassuring!

Can I ask those of you who had AF pains and BFP, were they identical to "normal" AF pains, and were they mild or severe?

(I'm only on day 5 of the 2ww so it's a bit early yet, just thinking ahead.  ;D )

·
Registered
346 Posts
I had no A/F pains on my first ICSI cycle and got a BFN. I had A/F pains in second ICSI and got a BFN.

SpookedOut

·
Registered
563 Posts
Well, I guess I can now vote on this topic!  I had major AF pains during the second week of my IVF 2ww and I got a BFP, but unfortunately miscarried soon after.  So I don't know whether the pains were a good or a bad sign really, but at least I did get a BFP. 

·
Registered
492 Posts
Had mild Af pains on days 6 & 7 after ET. I normally have REALLY REALLY bad AF pains so these were definitely mild in comparison.

Also woke up night before testing convinced AF was on her way and would'nt go back to sleep again in case it was! - which it wasn't!!

Think sometimes I confused Af pains for constipation twinges, but I'm sure the ones at day 6&7 were implatation!!

Good luck

Cathy

·
Premium Member
10,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Eggsey, I read your message then noticed you are now pregnant!!! I take it the month you got your "quivers" was your BFP?  Congratulations!!  xxxx

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
I keep getting the shivers, when i'm not cold - but I tested last night and got a BFN (although only day 12 of 2WW), not sure if this is good or not.  Don't feel any AF symptoms though.

1 - 20 of 608 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.