Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my first ever bfp confirmed on Tuesday and again on Wednesday.

Wednesday evening I started getting a pinky-colour when I wiped after going to the loo, but no actual blood.  Thursday I started bleeding.  The clinic said its normal and to rest.  I went for acupuncture which helped - bleeding pretty much stopped, just a little spotting.  Been resting.  Bleeding stopping and starting.  Keep being told its normal and not to worry, but everytime I see blood I get so scared.

I had another blood test yesterday and my progesterone levels are fine (I'm on gestone injections).  My HCG had gone up from 58 on Tuesday, 138 on Wednesday to over 400 yesterday.  I think that is good? 

Any advice or reassurance would be great.  Anything I can do apart from rest?  Anything in particular I should eat/not eat?  Do/not do?

Back to the sofa now. 
Thanks in advance, Olwen

·
Premium Member
1,903 Posts
Olwen

I'm no nurse hun but just wanted to send you a  ^hugme^ it is such a worrying time i know.  Please try to rest up as much as you can and try to do things to take your mind off of everything ( hard i know)

I was told that as long as i wasnt passing clots of blood and didnt have any pains then everything should be fine.

I really really hope everything works out for you hun and all is well, unfortunately it didnt for me and i must say that i phoned my clinic and they kept telling me everything is fine, everything is normal... I wouldnt listen and phoned the NHS line, who then refered me to the Early Pregnancy Unit at the local hospital.  So if you are worried or if anything gets worse then call the NHS line hun. 

However it sounds like everything is well with you, your levels are rising consistantly (mine were rising but not doubling) and the bleeding sounds like spotting, so please try try try to rest as much as possible.

Wishing you well

Kim xxxxx  ^hugme^

·
Premium Member
902 Posts
Olwen

I totally feel for you, it is so scary when you see the red stuff! - i went through a horrible time at 5 1/2 weeks and cried for a few days as i was totally convinced it was all over before it had even got started really.  TMI coming up......I had quite heavy red blood - much more than spotting for a day and then it stopped and then i had clots the next day so as you can imagine i was beside myself with worry.  As it was so early the clinic couldnt scan me then but i rested in bed and didnt go to work (clinic advised this) and had a scan at 6 1/2 weeks and to our total suprise there was our baby and no sign of bleeding or damage to the lining etc.  They have said that it possibly was a twin but cant confirm that.  I have had a very small amount of blood/brown since but had another scan yesterday and all is fab! 

Anyway after all that what i want to say is try to remain positive and take it real easy sadly there isnt anything else you can do but wait for your scan- it seems quite common to have a bleed and there be no real explanation - maybe just hormonal as your body adjusts.  Your HCG levels sound really good, when is your scan?  Can you get it any earlier?  The trouble is we have all been through SO much to get here that we are almost waiting for something to go wrong.

I am sending you loads of  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ and i hope you have good news soon - Thinking of you Olwen ;)

Take care
Clare
xx ^reiki^

·
Premium Member
14,889 Posts
Olwen my lovely, big hugs to you, it's so unfair when your elation and joy gets suddenly taken over with worry like that but I think it's terribly common.

I believe your HCG is meant to double every 48-72 hours so those blood test results sound very positive.

I could tell you all my stories of friends who have bled and gone on to have healthy pregnancies but I'm sure you know all that and it doesn't stop you worrying.  What I think should help is knowing that your HCG is doing the right thing at the moment. 

take care honey, lots of love.  I'm thinking of you loads

^Cuddle^

Claire xx

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
Hi Olwen

Big hugs hun.  I know loads of people would have told you this and you have said yourself this is perfectly normal and I think its even more common with IVF/ICSI pregnancy, which I wish they would tell us during our treatments and then maybe it wouldn't be such a shock if/when it happens.  :mad:

I had bleeding at 8 and 10 weeks in this pg, and like yourself was terrified, but everything (fingers crossed) so far has been fine.  Try and sit tight until your first scan as I don't think there is much they can do for you until that first scan.  Apart from rest I can't think of anything else to recommend.

Believe me hun I know its frightening after being through so much but you will be fine - I know you will be.

Take care of yourself and make sure Carlos pampers you.  ;)

Nic xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

·
Premium Member
3,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank-you all for your messages.  The bleeding hasnt stopped at all today and is heavier than before, but no clots (sorry tmi!)  Am trying to stay positive, but its hard.  I'm thinking of getting a blood test tomorrow instead of Monday just to check that the hormones are still doing the right thing.

Back to the sofa again now.
Love Olwen xxx

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.