Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi girlz,
I'm :( sure this will turn into a good old moan so I apologise in advance.
I got my BFP on the 8th May (day 17 after EC) and was absolutely thrilled. I walked around in a complete daze for 2 days and then reality hit me. I feel so nauseous all the time. My appetite has really gone down hill as everything I try and eat makes the nausea worse. I haven't been sick yet but almost wish I would then I might feel a bit of relief. I just feel so guilty by not being on top of the world. I'm really happy that tx has finally worked but I feel so ill all the time. We've been TTC for nearly 9 years now and I still think I'm in shock that I'm pregnant. ( that still sounds so wierd!!!) I know that some of you girlz have had a tougher time than me and that's why I feel so guilty. I'm waiting for my first scan which is on the 9th June, and the waiting is also totally doing my head in. I've got so many if's, but's and maybe's running around my head all the time it's driving me crazy. I REALLY need to know whether everything is alright with my baby(s?) but I've still got another 3 weeks and 4 days to go  :( The 2ww (17days) was so difficult and I was so relieved to get it out of the way and take the test. I thought that once I knew I was pregnant I would feel so much more positive about everything but I'm going insane with worry. I try and keep calm for baby(s?) sake but it's just so difficult. Am I the only one that feels like this? DH is so supportive and all I seem to do is moan at him. Sorry for going on but I needed to get out what I'm feeling.
Sarah xx

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Hi Sarah,

It's normal to feel that way as your body is going through amazing changes, adapting to something completely new and that's not even mentioning all these hormones that are rushing around  :)  It's normal to feel unsure and have loads of questions but for now try and relax and don't feel guilty hun, you'll feel a lot better once you've had your first scan and you get to see your bub(s), don't know if that helped but here's a big  ^hugme^ to  :)  Wishing you a happy and healthy pregnancy  ^reiki^

Sam xx

G

·
Hi never been properly pregnant before so I can't really help - but waiting another 3 weeks seems ages for the first scan....can you not get a quickie private one done to reassure you so that you can enjoy it all? - they do them for about 70 pounds locally or 120 in London I think? (I would!)....try The Birthing Company?

xxx

·
Registered
981 Posts
Hi

^hugme^ it is so hard being pg especially when you have waited soooooo long

I was the same couldnt believe I was finnaly pg and then felt soooooo poooooooo and I asked my freind who was also pg should I feel this deppressed and she said she felt the same when she went through the first tri, like the other lady has said you are VERY hormonal and also understandably frightened about everything

Maybe go and see your gp and just tell them how scared and anxcious you are and if they would send you to the EPU for a scan or if you have the money pay for one

I had absoluely LOADS as I bled sadly very heaviley from 5.5wks to 13wks which was awful, sadly you may not want to hear this but its probably going to be a long 7.5mths :( but you are going to have a baby(ies) at the end

Just hang in there babe and keep talking about your feelings as that is so important, try not to feel guilty about your feelings. They are very normal and lots of women go through it  ^hugme^

God bless
Sarah

·
Registered
402 Posts
Sarah - its normal, don't worry. I think pregnancy hormones are a bit poisonous actually - have seen so many friends who got pg no problem turn into pregmonsters, and of course for us there is the stress of having gone through infertility on top of that.
There is not much point in having a scan before 7 weeks, you just have to grit your teeth.
Good luck.
Jola

·
Premium Member
20,424 Posts
As has been said, it's completely normal. I know I wanted a scan asap as I couldn't believe I was pg after trying for so long or even that my body would know what to do, but the trouble with having a scan early is that they are very often inconclusive and leave you more worried than you were before. I did get a scan at 5+2 (I think my clinic didn't believe it either!) but it didn't tell me much - there was a sac,yolk and fetal pole but no heartbeat, so I still had to wait another 2 weeks unitl the next scan without knowing.

I think we spend so long thinking about getting pregnant that we don't really give any consideration to how we will feel once it happens, then when it does we realise there's a whole new set of worries - I got to thinking if I could only get to 12 weeks, then 24, then past the birth etc etc, but you're a mommy now so there will always be somethingto worry about!!

It does get easier - don't forget your hormones are all over the place too which won't help.

Take care,

Chux xx

1 - 6 of 6 Posts