Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my BFP yesterday and am completely over the moon!!!  ^BFP^
Never believed it would happen to me!!! Been on this website since 2001!
My question is when the Dr rang yesterday to give me the news i was in such a shock that i didn't actually hear her when she mentioned the cyclogest advice, I've got another 5 days worth, should i be continuing with it for sometime or thats it? How long are you supposed to take it for? :p

Was on steroids/ clexane/aspirin this cycle.

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
Sorry no idea about your question, but heck - BFP - that is FANTABULOUS NEWS!! Congrats xx

·
Registered
196 Posts
Congratulations!  My clinic advise cyclogest 2x/day until 12 weeks pg.  Probably best to ring your clinic and ask.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Dear Ayla,

Wonderful, wonderful news!!  So glad that it worked for you!!

Hammersmith told me that they are conservative on cyclogest but other clinics take progesterone tests and may continue it for a few more weeks/months.

Were the steroids etc from Dr *******? If Hammersmith are not interested he may be a better person to ask.

Over the moon to see that BFP and your name.  Off to bed with a spring in my stept now.

With love from,

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dear Flopsy and Jaffacake
thank you so much.
Now that i've got the BFP i still keep worrying about every little twinge / aches pain etc. Does it ever stop?!
I rang my clinic today and the Dr was not very helpful!!! she said 'were you given a pack when you were first seen?' i said yes then she said 'well if you read in there it would tell you about the cyclogest!!!!'. I was so surprised by her attitude i didn't know what to say!!!!
So have been through my introduction pack which i got last Feb! and i can't find anything about the cyclogest other then why it was being prescribed. So still not any wiser. Feel very annoyed with myself for not being more assertive.

Flopsy yes i am on *******'s treatment programme. The prednisolone is keeping me awake most nights but i don't care!
Have you decided yet what are you next doing? Please know that i wish you all the best from the bottom of my heart.  ^rainbow^ ^hugme^
love
ayla

·
Registered
293 Posts
Hi Ayla

Firstly congratulations on your BFP  ;D ;D ;D, my clinic said to carry on with cyclogest till 9 weeks pregnant, but i know others have had to carry on till 12 weeks, i would phone your clinic again and tell them, you only have 5 days left and need to know whether you need to buy anymore.

again congratulations

Take care

love

Bitbit
xxxxx

·
Registered
55 Posts
My Gp could not prescribe the cyclogest as it is not on their list of licensed drugs. The fertility clinic gave me a private prescription shop around I saved £5 by going to a different chemist.

I have been advised to take them for 12 weeks then go to 1 every other night for a week then stop.

Louise xx

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
Hi and congrats on your BFP!!

I took cyclogest till 12wks pg and then gradually reduced dose for a further week.
My clinic faxed through a copy of the prescription to my GP, who then was able to write a prescription for me to take to local chemist.

Think you should call back the clinic and speak to someone a bit nicer.  They shouldn't have dismissed you like that!!  You need to know how long to take for and how to get a further prescription.

Love
Kel
xxx  ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.