Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

BFP Due Date - January/February 2020

36K views 232 replies 12 participants last post by  mariajames49 
#1 ·
The place to chat for all Jan/Feb due dates  :)

#3 ·
Hi cupcake, massive congratulations on your BFP!

I've been waiting for others to join the board - I'm currently 11+3 weeks pregnant with one little one on board, and due on 11th January. The first trimester has been quite eventful for us so far - a bleed at 6 weeks, a vanishing twin at 8 weeks and a ruptured para-ovarian cyst last weekend!  ^idiot^ Thankfully had a scan last night and the bean was quite happily doing somersaults oblivious to all the stress it was causing!

How are you feeling so far? x

#4 ·
Yeah it's pretty quiet on this board.
How stressful for you, I'm sorry to hear about the twin. Your so close to the 12 week mark though! Has it gone quick for you dispite all the stress?

I'm going okay, not had many symptoms yet. Excessive thirst but that could be the fact it's so warm. I was retching this morning but not actually being sick. Stomach cramps too. Feeling nervous but I guess that's natural.  Oh and very tired! 

#5 ·
Hi Ladies, got my BFP last week so will be due 27th Feb. A little bloated biut no other symptoms yet which is making me nervous. Booked in for a scan on 15th July so will be a nerve wrecking 2 weeks. Strange but I want to feel unwell at least I know something is happening

#6 ·
Hey I got my bfp and due the 28th Feb. Get my scan on the 15th too. I look so pregnant already major bloating and already in maternity trousers nothing else fits me.

I had an ovarian torsion which corrected itself but was very scary. I think things are settling now just cramping and bloating.

Anyone else any side effects similar?

#7 ·
Hi Mercat congratulations, my bloating has settled down thank goodness,, really tired all the time but that’s it for symptoms with me

#9 ·
Hi Cupcake, Lola and Mercat - how are you all doing?

I'm 13+3 today and finally have my dating scan on Thursday of this week - the hospital couldn't fit me in any earlier so it seems like forever since my last scan and I'm excited to see our little bean. I've been feeling much better since about 11.5 weeks, but still get the occasional day where I sleep for about 17 hours or feel a bit sick! My little bump seems to be fluctuating massively too - some days I am horrifically bloated and look like I'm 6 months pregnant - other days I have a flat tummy with a tiny little lump just below my belly button!

I'm back eating more of a varied diet now (had a huge aversion to salad and veg of any kind during the worst of my nausea!) but still craving carbs of any kind - bread, potatoes, crisps - if it's in the house I'm snacking on it!

Hope you are all doing ok anyway and surviving the early weeks of pregnancy! Sending love xx

#10 ·
Hiya ladies so after having quite a while off the boards for different reasons I decided to come back and see what is going on. So much I've missed out on and in ways I feel quite guilty for having just disappeared with no warning.

How did your scan go physioswife?

I hope the rest of you are well.

I am 17+4 weeks today and it feels insane to think I'm already 17 weeks! I have my 20 weeks scan in less than 3 weeks. My pregnancy started with lots of sickness and it has finally died down in the last two weeks. I am still getting a bad back and feeling tired every now again.
My EDD is 4th January and feeling excited to get nearer the time.

#11 ·
Not sure whether I should join this thread now...

I’m 11w 4d with a baby boy (from Panorama test) and due on 19th February. I have my nuchal scan on Tuesday.

I was very tired for the last month or so, but no morning sickness. My little one is my only chromosomally-normal PGS-tested embryo (out of six) and I also have an undiagnosed rheumatoid inflammatory condition that’s being treated by Dr Gorgy.

I already have a two-year-old DS conceived naturally after three years of total infertility (and some immune treatment).

#12 ·
Hi everyone,
Bear with me, I am on my phone and struggling to see what I typing.
I have been holding off on joining a pregnancy club after loads of false starts, but I'm now 13+1 and I just need to chat with other women  in the same  position. I know you will ask understand the madness. I have only told one friend.
I had a donor embryo transfer at the end of May. I'm an old lady now and have given up on my own eggs.
I have a lovely teenage son, conceived naturally, but after having difficulty conceiving again found that I had MTHFR raised nk cells, and low tregs. Got on top of all that and it worked , at last woohoo.
I have my booking appointment on Weds and my twelve weeks scan finall,  at 14 weeks on Friday. I won't believe thees a baby in there until the scan.
Hopefully, the baby will be in good shape - the egg donor was 23.
This thread seems on the quiet side.
I looked at the early pregnancy thread, but not sure if second trimester is still early? Are quite a few people still over there?
How.is everyone feeling. Still turned-off by lovely salad?
I'm waffling. Looking forward to chatting with you all.  :)

#233 ·
Hi everyone,
Bear with me, I am on my phone and struggling to see what I typing.
I have been holding off on joining a pregnancy club after loads of false starts, but I'm now 13+1 and I just need to chat with other women in the same position. I know you will ask understand the madness. I have only told one friend.
I had a donor embryo transfer at the end of May. I'm an old lady now and have given up on my own eggs.
I have a lovely teenage son, conceived naturally, but after having difficulty conceiving again found that I had MTHFR raised nk cells, and low tregs. Got on top of all that and it worked , at last woohoo.
I have my booking appointment on Weds and my twelve weeks scan finall, at 14 weeks on Friday. I won't believe thees a baby in there until the scan.
Hopefully, the baby will be in good shape - the egg donor was 23.
This thread seems on the quiet side.
I looked at the early pregnancy thread, but not sure if second trimester is still early? Are quite a few people still over there?
How.is everyone feeling. Still turned-off by lovely salad?
I'm waffling. Looking forward to chatting with you all. :)
I’m hoping you might be able to help me. I have low Treg cells and MTHFR mutation and not sire what to do next. What doctor did you see. ? What protocol did he/she put you on for this ?? Thank you so much Maria

#13 ·
Hi everyone!

I still can't quite believe i am joining this board!

Nice to see you here whatonearth, Londonwriter, S_Lauren and Physioswife!

how is everyone getting on? i'm week 14 now and it feels weird. i do have a small bump but most certainly don't look pregnant yet. at the same time, first trimester symptoms like sickness and extreme tiredness is gone. so I really don't feel pregnant! i can't wait for that bump to grow so i have that reassurance.

in the meantime, I will have a scan at 16 weeks, once i'm back from my holiday.

does anyone else find these weeks hard?

#14 ·
Hi everyone  :)

Aggie, SLauren and Londonwriter - hi! Welcome to the board! It's a bit quiet here so I've been lurking more than posting so it's nice to see some old friends arrive!

Whatonearth, hello to you too - congratulations on your BFP! How did your scan go?

I'm doing ok - 19 weeks today (how strange it feels to be typing that) and apart from the odd bout of tiredness and lots of horrid lower back pain I'm doing ok. In fact, if it wasn't for the bump in front of me I'd sometimes forget I was pregnant! We have our 20 wk scan next week which can't come quickly enough - I've resisted the temptation to have a private one since our dating scan so I'm quite keen to see how much baba has grown since then. We're going to find out the gender too - absolutely no idea what we could be having!

I've been monitored by the doctor recently too - not sure if anyone else has this but my heartrate is quite high at the moment, never really dips below 100bpm and when I'm walking to get a cuppa or something not very strenuous it can reach up to 150bpm. I had an ecg last week so just waiting to get the results of that but I feel fine in myself and my blood pressure seems to be normal.

Otherwise I'm now officially too big or any of my "normal" clothes so am slowing buying bits of maternity stuff to get me through the week. The postman and I are now on a first name basis after all the ASOS parcels being delivered at the house!  :eek:

#15 ·
Londonwriter - Welcome to the board, how did your scan go?

Whatonearth - Hello welcome to the board. How was your scan? I've had two scans so far and each time I struggle to believe it's real!

Aggieblue - Welcome to the thread, its a lovely feeling to be in this place and yet still unbelievable. I'm glad your sickness and tiredness has gone. Its the next few weeks I find are awkward, not feeling pregnant because the symptoms have disappeared and not looking pregnant. Don't worry I'm sure your bump will grow very soon.

Thephysioswife - Thanks for the welcome. I'm glad to be back posting on the boards now I feel better. I'm glad you're doing well. Have you started feeling any movement yet? Everyone keeps asking me but I'm still unsure of what I'm meant to be feeling.
When is your scan next week? I have mine on Tuesday.
I hope high heart rate is okay and everything is fine with that.

AFM - I'm 19+4 weeks today and like you all keep saying I just can't get my head around it. It doesn't seem real. Of course I am so excited but everybody else around me seems to be overwhelmingly excited and I'm struggling to cope with their excitement. Is that weird? Everyone keeps asking me questions to things I just don't know:
Will you be having a baby shower?
Have you started the nursery yet?
Have you looked at prams?
Have you seen there is a baby event in ....... (which ever supermarket has all the latest offers on).
I'm finding everything just so overwhelming and at times it goes a bit much. I'm really excited for this baby to arrive and to go through the motions of getting everything and finding out the gender but at the same time I just think I need time to be me as well not just another pregnant lady. Does this make me sound selfish? I feel like I'm giving off completely the wrong perspective, just struggling to actually describe how I feel.

Everyone keeps saying I look pregnant now and they can't believe how big my bump is already. I find this exciting and I'm loving having a bump now and can't wait for it to get bigger. My only problem is I haven't brought any maternity bits and all my clothes are getting a tad too small. At the weekends and in the evenings I'm either living in pyjama bottoms or jogging bottoms. I feel like a mess rather than one of those yummy mummys I thought I might have been. I think its time I start buying maternity things.

As I said earlier I have my 20 week scan on Tuesday at 11.50am. I am excited and yet so nervous for this scan. I can't wait to see the baby again and find out everything is okay and yet I'm nervous for what they say. We are going to "try" find out the gender. Hopefully our little bambino will let us find out.

I feel better than I was in the first 16 weeks of my pregnancy and the sickness has lessened dramactically although every now and again in the last few days I've been sick in the morning but nothing like what it was before. My worst symptom now is I am having terrible back pain and sometimes it gets to the point where it catches really bad and I struggle to walk. My partner does sports massage therapy but refuses to touch me as he said its not worth the risk of something happening. I'm tempted to go and get a pregnancy massage, I've found someone local who does it and just wondered what everybody else thought about it. Am I being too risky in getting a pregnancy massage?

#16 ·
S_lauren - Hi. Thanks for the welcome. The nuchal scan went fine apart from the fact that I had my DS with me (my childminder was off sick). I spent the entire scan trying to stop him playing with the scan equipment/climbing on chairs/grabbing an expensive-looking ornament/electrocuting himself. I don't think I actually had the chance to see the foetus (but at least I wasn't worried...). I was lucky enough to have my Panorama test results back before the scan and it was a PGS-tested embryo so I had reasonable confidence that the results would be fine - provided the foetus had no structural issues.

I wouldn't worry about buying anything. I bought nothing until the third trimester with my DS. I was certain he was going to die. Not for any particular clinical reason, but I have an undiagnosed inflammatory immune disease that we think contributes to my infertility and I was getting symptoms (inc. photosensitive hives and low-grade fever), which made me pretty nervous. It didn't matter in the end - my sister-in-law sent us a spreadsheet of stuff to buy and we just bought it online at the last minute. Provided the stuff is there in time for the birth, you'll be fine.

AggieBlue, Whatonearth - great to see you. Physiowife - hello!

I have a bump and have had since Week 7 (!). Unfortunately, my DS was pretty low and wrecked my transverse muscle (at the bottom of my stomach), leaving me with diastalysis rectis and a permanent 'bump'. The minute I had the hint of a pregnancy, it immediately stiffened and popped out. So it's probably impossible to hide that I'm pregnant and I'm only 13 weeks. I'm wearing a lot of baggy t-shirts but, because I'm so lacking in confidence about my wrecked abdominal muscles, I dress like that most of the time.

Anyway, I have my second appointment with my consultant on Friday and also an appointment with Dr Gorgy about immunes. I had my first Chicago test since May and, as per my last pregnancy, my TNFa:IL10 and NK killing power has soared. I remain somewhat sceptical about the theories behind reproductive immunology as the foetus looked okay during my scan a week ago, at a time when my NK killing power was three times what reproductive immunologists say is desirable to maintain a pregnancy. Needless to say, I think the NK killing power on my blood tests is associated with my inflammatory disease and not conditions in my uterus. That said, I'm keen to treat the problem and will probably do an IVIG on Friday.

#17 ·
Hi ladies, I have been reading the boards but not commenting for a while. Hope u are all really well and little babas are growing strong.
I am currently 12+3 weeks and it’s been a bit of a rollercoaster to say the least. Had some bleeding at 7 weeks scanned showed baby was good, more bleeding at 10 weeks scan showed that I had a sub chronic Hematoma which I had never heard of before so pretty scary which wasn’t helped my nurse who wasn’t very positive. I was put on modified bed rest. TMI I have continued to have brown discharge. Another scan on Tuesday showed Hematoma was gone which was great and baby was fine but now I’m terrified of it coming back and causing miscarriage. Over the last few days I have had very few symptoms other than tiredness so freaking out something is wrong! Just can’t relax

#18 ·
Londonwriter - glad to hear everything went fine. At least your DS kept you from worrying bless him.

Lolawishes - fingers crossed it doesn't come back and the rest of your pregnancy will be plain sailing from now on. Make sure you take things easy and try to relax.

AFM - I am officially half way through my pregnancy this weekend. I'm now 20+1 weeks and getting more excited now I am half way through. I do need to have a massive rant though. I feel like I haven't got anyone else to talk to.

Me and my fiancé have had a massive argument today. I have this friend who I go and watch hockey with but the thing is he doesn't like this friend because of past experiences, she invited me to go out for the evening with her and her boyfriend some time last year and then at the last minute told me his friend was going so my fiancé was convinced she was trying to split us up and doesn't want me to have anything to do with her. I used to work with her but she left recently and two weeks ago we met up at the hockey and I arranged on Wednesday that tonight I was going to the hockey with her and her two nieces. Because of how my fiancé has reacted in the past I dreaded telling him I was going and stupidly left it right to the last minute and he flipped out told me I was sly, backstabbing and told me he doesn't want to be with me. There was lots of tears from myself, lots of shouting from us both and then he left to go and play pool shouting it was over between us. Of course I feel distorted, I have no idea what is going to happen or what will be said when he gets home.

The worst thing for me was he said he didn't care about our little bambino and that he wasn't going to come to the scan on Tuesday. I'm never going to be fine if he really truly means its over between us but I could never handle the fact if he pushes our baby away. Our baby was conceived with DS and I have always had the biggest fear that if anything happens between me and him he would push the baby away. I feel awful and I can't stop crying over the fact this innocent bundle of joy would be without his/her dad even though he/she hasn't done anything wrong.

I'm sure everything will be fine. I just needed to get everything off my chest. I don't have anyone to talk to at all and just needed to rant.

#19 ·
Hi S_lauren24 I am really not sure what to say, but I know it’s good to have a rant and get things of your chest. Have you maybe thought about counselling for both of you to try and talk out the issues? I know it’s not for everyone but it may help understand where u both are coming from. Giving you a virtual hug 🤗.

AFM - still no symptoms should be glad I’m over the worst but can’t help but worry.

#20 ·
Thanks Lola I think I just needed a massive rant and rage. Things seem to be better now, we have cleared things up. This usually happens when we argue, we will go to bed angry, wake up exhausted from arguing and then once we have had time away from each other in work we meet up at lunch and talk things through.

Try not to worry about the symptoms, I have heard of some people getting over 12 weeks and their symptoms disappearing. If you are concerned is it worth booking another scan in the meantime to reassure yourself that everything with the baby is okay? Easier said than done but try not worry too much as you don't want to stress the baby out. I'm really sorry I don't know what else to say to try and help you feel better but just know we are always here to talk if you have any concerns.

#21 ·
Lauren, so happy to hear things are better. 
Trying not to worry as I know chances are everything is ok. But when u have waited for something for so long it’s nearly too good to be true

#22 ·
Thank you :)

I completely understand what you mean. The amount of stuff we go through to try and get this precious little thing and just when we think we are finally going to get what we have been after for so long they cause us more stress and worry. Be positive, sending big hugs your way :)

#23 ·
Apologies for the double post.

I had my 20 week scan today, I am 20+3 and our baby is measuring at 20+1 and they have said everything is looking as it should and there are no concerns for them. I'm so relieved everything is looking good and our baby is doing well in there. We also found out we are expecting a lovely little boy! They did say it's not always 100% but she also said she could see his boy bits throughout the scan so she is sure that he is indeed a boy.

I am feeling super relieved and excited and now I'm going to start researching bits and pieces I need to buy.

#24 ·
Hi everyone, i am not back from my holiday so catching up with all the posts!

S_Lauren, i'm glad to hear things are back to normal with your partner. it doesn't sound like you've done anything wrong, more like he's got some anger management issues! i mean, we all say stupid things we regret. i hope he's going to treat you as well as you deserve! :) also congratulations on your 20 weeks scan - such a relief, i imagine, to hear that everything is going well. and a little boy too  ^Heart^

Lolawishes, i'm sorry to hear about your bleeding scares. good to hear that the hematoma is now gone, i'm sure everything is fine in there! do you have any scans coming up? i'm with you about this limbo of no symptoms anymore but not looking pregnant yet. it's hard but try to remain calm, it's all good news actually and i'm sure the baby is fine :)

Londonwriter - how did your appointments go?

AFM - i am now 15 weeks, so i feel i deserve a scan next week :) my bump is still tiny and symptoms mostly gone. saying that, some food smell still makes me nauseous and i have the most vivid and surreal dreams ever. so i guess these are still symptoms!
flying went ok, i knew i had to stay calm for my little boy and it helped a lot. it's mother instinct already, my duty was to be calm so i was! :) i must say i was really proud of myself. back to work tomorrow, which i'm not looking forward to after 2 weeks break!

#25 ·
Aggie I hope you enjoyed your holiday and that work went well today. Always horrible going back after having time off. I've only had two days off this week and absolutely dreading going back in tomorrow, goodness knows what I'll be like going back in after my maternity leave!

Do you find its just certian smells making you nausesous? I can't stand eggs and bacon. My other half finds it very strange aswell that I can smell water from the tap. Well done with doing so well with your flights! You should be proud of yourself, you knew you had to be calm for your baby to keep him safe and you did just that so you should feel very proud.

There really isn't much for me to update on, I guess I'm just lurking because I have work to complete for my childcare level 5 and I'm avoiding it. I went shopping today and brought a couple of little outfits for our little boy. I don't know how or why but since we found out yesterday what we are expecting I have had this massive surge of love run through me and hen I was looking at the tiny baby outfits I just kept thinking about how I couldn't wait to have him my arms come January.

I hope everyone else is well  :)

#26 ·
Thanks for your nice words Lauren :)

yes it is certain smells, anything soupy or stewy, strangly, as i normally really like both!
and i know what you mean about the surge of love, when i found out about my little boy i also straight away felt so different towards him. suddenly from a baby he became my son  ^Heart^ it's such a beautiful feeling!

lauren, what are you going to be, a teacher? or what does that prepare you for? sorry for my lack of knowledge!

AFM, being back at work is ok, i do love what i do and my job so that helps. i'm counting back the day until my next scan although i do feel quite confident that everything is progressing well. hopefully i'm right!

how is everyone else?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.