Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 330 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On request!

Good luck to everyone and wishing you all healthy and happy pregnancies  ^hugme^

Turia x

Shelbo76                  18 July.          ^pinkted^
Second Seven          16 August.    ^pinkted^
Little Chicken.          18 August.      ^surprise^

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
;D :-* :-* :-*

I'm possibly being a bit premature!  I still haven't missed my AF yet (it's due on Wednesday - 5 December), but I'm in a rush to speak to other people going through it all as, at the moment, DH is really stressed with work and can't face talking about me being pregnant.  I honestly don't mind.  I know he'll come around in his own time so I'm leaving him to it and am just cracking on with things myself.  We have everything we need to welcome another baby into the world, so I'm not panicking.

At the moment, my due date is 14 August.  I have my booking in appointment on 5 January and the nuchal scan booked in for 5 February.  :) ...all of this before my period is even due!  ^idiot^  I do know there is a high risk of m/c and/or birth defects given my age (44) but unless and until things go wrong, I'm going to live in a bubble of excitement!  As it's a natural BFP, I'm going to avoid the stress and the appointments of doing the whole immune support bit, and leave it as is (with the exception of baby aspirin and hopefully cyclogest).  I'll be doing a bHCG test just to check that things are progressing properly but so far I've been doing CB Digital (with 'weeks' indicator) and it has today moved from '1-2 weeks' to '2-3 weeks', and I'll book in a viability scan for the 7 week mark (maybe not on week 7 as that will be Christmas day!  ::)  Possibly the 22nd December as I'd like to know before Christmas).

·
Registered
10 Posts
I am with you, MandyPandy! I am 41 with a shock BFP after multiple failed IVFs and can hardly believe it. I suppose I am technically 4 weeks 2 days. I am terrified! The earliest my doctor will see me is 6 weeks, so two weeks from tomorrow I am booked in.

Good luck!!

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Lindy100 said:
I am with you, MandyPandy! I am 41 with a shock BFP after multiple failed IVFs and can hardly believe it. I suppose I am technically 4 weeks 2 days. I am terrified! The earliest my doctor will see me is 6 weeks, so two weeks from tomorrow I am booked in.

Good luck!!
Huge congratulations!!! Have you done any HCG bloods? I've been with Dr Gorgy for years but this time we've decided to go it alone. I've just done my first bHCG with Medichecks and now have to wait for the results to come through. I've also got a follow up test to do in 48 hours. I'm not surprised you're terrified. That waiting between a positive test and the first scan is horrific and as I tested so early the wait is even longer!

Both of my children were shock natural BFP's. I am a long time poster on here, so there are still a few people around who will remember me from my 'treatment years'. It's so hard to believe that after it got so bad that I gave up on it all and walked away (to start surrogacy) I found out I was pg with DD at 39.... and then DS at 41... and now this little bean at 44!!! I was told at 35 that I would need donor eggs as my AMH is so low. I'd love to go back and slap that doctor for what he put me through!

Are you doing any treatment alongside it? I'm taking baby aspirin and am trying to get hold of some cyclogest but at the moment can't get a prescription without seeing someone. I resent paying several hundred pounds just to have them say 'yes, cyclogest wouldn't hurt'. I've asked my GP so I'm waiting to see what he says. If not, I'll suck it up to go and see Dr G to get a px.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi MandyPandy,

Wow! Three surprise BFPs! It does make me hopeful for my situation. Good luck with another sticky one!!

I haven't done any bloods - we are going it alone at the moment. I think I'm going to wait until my doctor is able to do an ultrasound at 6 weeks and take the lumps then, if any. As we are being very quiet about it it almost hasn't sunk in yet! I figure it will be a "real" pregnancy when the doctors can confirm it with an ultrasound.

I haven't been taking any meds yet (except for prenatal vitamin) but was just thinking of adding aspirin this morning. I have lots of cyclogest left over from my last cycle so was considering that, too!  I will probably ask my sister, she is an MD and will help me be a bit more straight-headed over all of this!

How are you feeling at the moment?

·
Registered
935 Posts
Hi Ladies.

I'm 7 weeks pregnant and due approx 5th August 2019.
Whilst I'm extremely happy with our positive result I've really struggled with my mood of late. I'm not sure whether this is due to the cyclogest pessarys, pregnancy hormones, the fact I'm trying to ween myself of setraline or a combination of all of the above! I feel really guilty for feeling this way but I'm really teary and have very little energy. Has anyone else experienced feeling like this and can you shed any light on whether it is common to feel like this after an Ivf cycle?

Tia x

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
How are you getting on?  Have you booked in a scan? I’ve booked one for 24 December - still not sure whether that’s a wise idea!

My MIL asked DH straight out yesterday if I was pg. he had to answer her honestly. I am a bit miffed, as if we’d wanted her to know, we would have told her. It’s far too early to tell people yet as the rate of m/c is around 50% for people my age. Unfortunately she’s very excited and talking about it all - how she hopes it’s a girl and how she’ll now be the one in her group with the most grandchildren. I’m just now worried as if I do have a m/c, I don’t want to have to worry about how she’ll take the news.  :( We had no plans to tell her until after the nuchal scan/Harmony test.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Congratulations @tinky27. We were on a board together back in August. I too have had a positive test last week, had my egg collection on 26th November. I am very anxious and moody at the moment but think that could be due to what happened last time. X

·
Registered
127 Posts
@tinky27 Hello and congrats! My mood is all over the place - I think it’s quite normal. I think the thing not to do is beat yourself up for feeling low as that’ll just exacerbate things. And like you said, the drugs don’t help but hopefully the end is in sight with those.

@welshbirdwales hello again! :)

I’m currently 4 weeks 6 days so very early days, and this is my first so everything is very new to me. I mostly feel okay except my poor boobs don’t know what has hit them! Ouch ouch ouch.. Do either of you know if this gets worse or better and roughly when please?!

·
Registered
195 Posts
Hello,
My due date according to this site is 21st August ( anyone else feel really uneasy working that out? Just feels too soon).
I’m very early days too my mood shifts are currently insane and I’m feeling very guilty too. I’m hoping it’s the cyclogest.

I’m also abnormally bloated, I’m trying to get some advice from the hospital as I’ve had to dig out my old maternity leggings ( which I’m hating as I don’t want to jinx myself) none of my clothes fit and I look 6 months pregnant! It’s really uncomfortable.

How incredibly negative and ungrateful does that all sound I’ve just reread it! Obviously I’m extremely pleased to be pregnant!! I think the side effects and the scary early days take the edge off

Xx

·
Registered
667 Posts
Hi guys,

I will be due on the 18 aug all being well. I’m 5 plus 1 today and got a scan booked for 4th jan.

Secondseven my boobs are getting painful at night but I’m remember early on in my 1st pregnancy I was carrying my boobs around in my hands (in private not at work) because I couldn’t bear them to move at all. Take it as a good sign.

My mood generally ok though with exception of oh spending £160 on a taxi on Friday because he got drunk and missed the last train home. Think he now wishes he had never been born  ^bigbad^

X

·
Registered
127 Posts
Hello again @littlechicken! Ha - that is exactly what I am doing with my boobs too when no-one is looking! I can't believe quite how massive they are too!

I should have said in my first post that my due date is 19th Aug and I'm having my first scan on Jan 3rd. Feeling either deliriously thrilled or somewhat terrified at the moment, depending on which way the wind is blowing.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Can I join?  My due date us 20th August I think.  Echo the boob issue but somewhat different to first natural MC. I guess symptoms are different with pessaries and injections rather than natural progesterone?

I am not too moody luckily,  but feel very scared.... just can't get excited at all. My friend came and was sooo excited and said I should not regret not enjoying the moment. But it seems too scary to think it might be real this time, and with Xmas I can't decide when to have first scan 6+ or 7+weeks?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi MandyPandy!

However did your MIL guess?? She must be psychic.  I did tell my immediate family, mainly because if I did have a miscarriage I would really like the support. It will also be difficult to hide that something is going on over the holidays, as we are running around visiting everyone.

Our first scan is tomorrow (I will be 6 weeks 3 days, according to the date of my last period) and I am absolutely terrified that they won't find a heartbeat.  If they do, though, then the miscarriage rates go way down (despite age, according to my sister's friend who is a high-risk OB-GYN), so I hopefully will be breathing easier over the holidays!

Right now I am mainly being sidelined by the nausea, which is just getting worse and worse! I hope you are feeling well. :)

·
Registered
127 Posts
Hi @s1974 :) I had the scan dilemma too and booked a scan for the 27th and then cancelled it! I figured I’d rather not have a scan too early and they don’t find a heartbeat and I have a few days of hell over Xmas before needing a second scan in New Year... I’ve rebooked for the 3rd of Jan which will make me 7+3. Also means I only have to pay for one scan and I can hopefully relax a bit more over Xmas!

I really think it’s normal for our emotions to be all over the place... It’s such a big thing to be doing! I think the thing with feelings is just to let them happen - they pass and change soon enough anyway without us having to force anything. x

·
Registered
127 Posts
I had the most intense and realistic dream last night about breastfeeding my baby (even though I’ve never breastfed before as this is my first). It was so lifelike! Not sure if it’s the progesterone or what but my dreams are so big and full and cinematic right now it’s quite fun! I also decided to adopt 4 kittens in my dream too - they were very cute but god knows what I was thinking - it was fluffy chaos! Is anyone else having very vivid dreams?

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Hi all! Just wondering if anyone minds if I jump on board? There is a ‘Due date (July/August)’ thread, so I’m not sure which to post on (I’m due 14 August - currently waiting for the viability scan which is booked for next Monday at 6+5).

·
Registered
127 Posts
Hi @mandypandy! 👋

·
Registered
228 Posts
Hey all can I join,

Due 31st July although with twins. Currently 7+6 and heard two strong heartbeats last Friday. Just starting to set in and emotions a bit of a rollercoaster tonight as I work out how I’ll manage 3 kids under 4 as a single mummy. Morning sickness is horrible at the moment. Currently gone back to bed with two ice lollies to keep my stomach settled 🙈. But feeling incredibly grateful and blessed with these two babies regardless.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Welcome, everyone! It is so exciting that there are so many of us. :)

I did have an ultrasound today (6+3) and they heard a heartbeat! (Whew!) The next one will be around 9 weeks, I think. They are keeping a close eye on me as I am 41 and had a difficult pregnancy before.

The fatigue is just awful, isn't it? And I have the worst nausea. The doctor told me today that the peak for fatigue/nausea is 7-10 weeks and that it will start to subside after that (hopefully!).  It is all worth it, though... ;)

1 - 20 of 330 Posts