Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone & welcome
Congratulations on your BFP!!

A little about me I got my BFP 28th Jan and based on my cycle dates I’m due 6th October 2021
I’ve got my early pregnancy scan on wed at 7wks.

Love and sticky baby dust to you all

Ellie

·
Registered
330 Posts
Hi Ellie! Have decided to check in here... I got my BFP 29th Jan and my EDD is 9th October 2021. Now 9+6 weeks pregnant.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Wobbly

Welcome and congratulations. I know the last few weeks have my been easy for you but I'm really glad all is going well for you.

Nothing much to report really just plodding along until my NHS scan on 29th when I'll be 12+5. Fed up of feeling nauseous and really tired all the time!!

Hugs

Ellie

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hi both

Decided it was time to be brave and join you. I’m 7+4. My scan on Friday showed 2 heart beats and they were measuring correctly for dates. The nausea is getting pretty real. I did have it during my ectopic but it wasn’t as bad as this (I imagine the hcg wasn’t so high). Yesterday I had to call my dad because I was on a dog walk and got all sick and wobbly. I was only around the corner from their house and had thought “if I can just get there” but in the end decided I really couldn’t. Bless him, he came and rescued me! I’m a little anxious about work tomorrow. The nausea has been there since 4 weeks but it’s only started to kick my butt in the last few days and I’m not sure how I’m going to get through a full day but I guess I’ll just have to see how it goes!

I’m considering a private scan around the 9 + 3 mark. I don’t think I can wait until 12 weeks to check in on them again.

Some debate on due date. Clinic calculated it as October 30th, all the online things say October 28th but if the twins both continue it’ll likely be earlier than this anyway as you don’t really hear of many twins born at 40 weeks. So I guess we just see how it goes!

Xx

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hi Ladies,
Think Im going to be brave too, although I am very superstitious so dont want to count my chickens just yet 🙈
Im 8+4 today and had scan yesterday. Official due date is 20 October.
Thankfully I’ve had no morning sickness as yet but have plenty of cramps to make up for it 😏
Excited to be on this journey and hopefully it goes smoothly for everyone ❤

·
Registered
300 Posts
Hi ladies.
Very cautiously coming in to this group after my scan on Saturday. I’m 6+1 today and due date is the 7th of November.
Still getting spotting every other day. Hoping when I call the clinic on Wednesday to say I’m still getting a positive test result, that they’ll bring my scan forward a bit.
Nausea is kicking my butt which is comforting but really hard going.
Hope everyone’a doing ok and massive congrats on your bfp x

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hi all,

Figured it was time to join! 7 weeks today. I still need to go down to London to register my pregnancy at the hospital so don't have any future scans booked. Had a bit of a freak out last night because my breast soreness seemed to go away....has that happened to anyone else? I told my boss yesterday since I've been so out of it and wanted him to know why my productivity is down. He is very excited since he knows my journey and also is a proud parent of IVF identical twins.

LeanneR- so happy to see you on the board and to hear that your scan went well! Nausea is a great sign that the baby is growing :)

·
Registered
330 Posts
Hi Beth! Welcome to the board! Congrats on your BFP!  Symptom spotting is the worst thing - I’ve got myself so anxious multiple times as I don’t get massive amounts of symptoms and they fluctuate. I’ve only had a handful of days with any nausea at all and generally apart from being tired have felt pretty good. When is your next scan?

Leanne - so exciting you had a good scan. Let’s hope your clinic will scan you again in a couple of weeks. Sorry to hear the nausea is kicking your ****. Try taking some more B12 - it can help.

Lola - a heartbeat after 8 weeks is such a good sign - I’m also not nauseous - we just all react differently I think to pregnancy!

Tickety Boo - yay for twins! I’d defo get a scan between now and 12 weeks. Around 10 weeks they actually start to look like little babies too which is exciting. Sorry you’re not feeling so well - make sure you rest when you can!

Ellie - I have my NHS 12 week scan on 29th March too! I’ll be 12+2 then. So we’re super close in dates!

I’ve had a challenging few weeks, partly with anxiety, but also it’s been an overwhelming number of medical appointments, drips, injections, meds etc.  I had some of my booking bloods come back with issues so had to go to the hospital on Monday to see a consultant and get repeat bloods taken. Should hear back in 1-2 weeks. I think it’s some of my meds/ immunology treatments triggering some false positives so am not too worries.  Today I’ve been down to London to get another IVIG drip - I’ll be needing these every 4 weeks to protect the pregnancy. Yesterday we went for a private scan to check baby was ok ahead of treatment today. It was amazing! There are little teeny legs and arms and the baby moved a bit too. I’ll get an NHS scan at recurrent miscarriage clinic next week to check again - but their equipment isn’t great so the images are quite grainy. Work have referred me to occupational health as my pregnancy is so complex - hoping this will be helpful and not a black mark on my records...

·
Registered
300 Posts
Morning ladies

Beth - thank you. My breast soreness comes and goes. It’s good you have the support from your boss. Makes such a difference x

Wobbly - hope your other bloods come back ok. What a time your having of it. Must of been amazing to see the baby moving about.

Afm - I was back at the clinic yesterday for a scan as I was to take another test on Wednesday following my bit bleed from the week before. I didn’t tell them I had the private scan so they wanted to see me. All still looking good. I’d had a bit more spotting since my private scan so was anxious. They have signed me off now. Was hoping they’d still see me for my original appointment next week. But they said I’ve just to contact my epu if I have any more spotting. They think it’s irritation from the pessaries. I’ve not had any spotting since Sunday so hopefully that’s the end of it. Will probably book another private scan in a few weeks as my next scan won’t be till 12 weeks.

Hope everyone’s doing okay xx

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
hi everyone

Hope your all doing well. Not much to report from me just plodding along until 12 wk scan.

I had to have the conversation with my line manager about returning to working on site. I had hoped I could be at home until May/June time but they need me back sooner so have agreed 12th April provided 12 wk scan is all ok and screening results are low risk. As I work for NHS I’ve got to decide whether to have the vaccine or not. Am really in two minds about it. I work in a lab so I’m not patient facing but it’s going to be really difficult to socially distance from everyone else at work and I have to travel to work by train & tube ( I don’t have the option to drive in). On the other hand clinical trials in pregnancy have only just started.

Wobbly don’t worry about work, I managed someone who had a complex pregnancy (she had a special kind of stitch put in in early pregnancy as she had a weak cervix and previous pregnancy losses as a result), we had to give her all the time off she needed for bi-weekly & weekly scans as she became more pregnant. She had a healthy baby boy at the end. The only thing your employer can do is make you go on mat leave earlier if you are having a lot of time off towards the end of your pregnancy.

Tickety most of the twins I know were born around 36-37 weeks, apart from my cousins who were born by c section at 38+1 following 3 failed inductions as they both kept fighting to be the first one out!!

Leanne hope your continuing to have bleeding free days!!

Beth congratulations & welcome

Lola I’ve just had a bit of nausea no sickness & I didn’t have any sickness with mini-human either. I think 25% of women don’t get sickness.

Love and sticky baby dust to you all.

Ellie xx

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hi everyone

Well today I have called in sick. It’s the first sickness I’ve taken off through this cycle (but I did use up my remaining annual leave/study leave) but the nausea/vomiting is literally all day now. I almost vomited on a patient Saturday (while in full PPE I had to run from the room and apologise after) and it’s only got worse since then. Currently on hold to doctors to see if I can get hold of some antiemetics. I looked at the nhs website for vomiting in pregnancy (Seems daft given my job but I do like to know what the official line is) and it listed risk factors for it and I literally had all but one! No wonder I feel rough! I’ve booked a scan for April 1st. I will be exactly 10 weeks. Felt like I needed to check in on them.

Ellie - the vaccine question is at the front of my mind too. When I was first offered it the guidance was not if you were TTC within 3 months, and I had my ivf cycle booked so I didn’t have it. The guidance from my clinic then changed to not within a month of treatment... and by then I was within a month of treatment. And now I’m pregnant. The guidance seems to be if you are a front line health care worker you can “choose” to have it. There is no evidence it’s dangerous but equally there’s no evidence it’s safe, although similar vaccines are. I sort of feel like I’ve gone through so much just to get here that I don’t want to take chances, although catching covid isn’t exactly risk free is it. I’m just not sure. I am so pro-vaccine and genuinely if I could have had it before I was pregnant I would have. But here we are. I’m tempted to wait until whenever I’m next not pregnant (which all going to plan will be October) but who knows.

Leanne - I hope you remain spotting free and am glad you have had another positive scan.

Wobbly - I hope it goes ok with OH. It can’t be a black mark. My experience of OH is they are a delightfully risk adverse bunch who are more likely to support you than do anything else.

Beth - I think it’s normal for symptoms to fluctuate, particularly breast soreness. I have days when I literally yelp taking my bra off and other days when I feel nothing.

Lola - I understand being superstitious, I’ve only recently started to use the word pregnant rather than saying “I’m having positive pregnancy tests” or “I’ve done a round of ivf and so far things are positive.”

Speak soon x

·
Registered
330 Posts
How is everyone doing? Who has scans this week?
My infection testing bloods came back all clear, so it was just a false positive however they want to repeat the bloods at 20 weeks just to be sure. I’ve got a final scan at recurrent miscarriage clinic on Weds when I’ll be 11+4. Hopefully if all is well then I’ll be signed over to regular consultant led care after that. My 12 week scan is next Monday. Still hate the anticipation and anxiety leading up to scans. I’m still waiting on more blood test results too. They found anti D antibodies in my blood, so they’re wondering what to do about that and lab is retesting. I’ve also had bloods taken yesterday to check my LADS levels (Leucocyte Antibody Detection) which will determine if I need more LIT treatment.

Other than that I’m doing fairly well, just been insanely tired and had extra daytime naps at the weekend when my DH looked after our DD. I’m allowed to start weaning off the progesterone from 12 weeks, stopping at 14 weeks and will stop the oestrogen supplements at 14 weeks. What about the rest of you? When do you take them until? Massively looking forward to not having the painful IM butt injections of progesterone tbh!

·
Registered
491 Posts
Hi ladies, please can I join you? I’m 5+4 today, so really early but I wanted a group to chat to and I don’t want to bang on about being ‘pregnant’ in my cycle thread. I am also very cautious and not comfortable saying I’m pregnant yet! I have a scan in two weeks then the 12 weeks one if all ok so I’ll feel better then. 

It’s 6 years since I was pregnant with our DS and I can’t remember what’s normal or not! I feel like that was a great pregnancy bar a fair amount of sickness up to about 16 weeks. I didn’t mind it as I knew I was pregnant. Hard work though! Anyone else got cramps, insanely hot, very moody and no energy to do anything! I’m also really bloated and can’t sleep. I’m just on progesterone pessaries which I’ll be happy to stop!

I’ll catch up on all your posts but just wanted to say hi and talk to others about these bloody annoying but promising symptoms!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hi all

Welcome wilderdoo. I definitely have bloating, weird twinges here and there (which I’ve had since about 4 weeks and I’ve had two scans since then so I’ve chosen not to worry about them) and I’m exhausted. I don’t mind the vomiting either as I see it as a reassuring sign but it unfortunately has left me needing to take time off as it’s not really compatible with seeing patients every 10 mins and wearing full PPE!

Wobbly- I finish my oestrogen and progesterone at 12 weeks and I am very much looking forward to that, although I’ve been told I can just stop them, no need to wean! I think it funny how different clinics give slightly different advice. I’m glad your bloods came back reassuring and hope your scan went well on Wednesday.

Today I had part 1 of my booking appointment. The chatting bits. Midwife was lovely although she said the service has been set up a year and they haven’t had a twin pregnancy in that time so she’s not 100% on what their protocol is, whether they can keep me or whether there’s a different service I’m meant to be under. I’m booked for f2f next week and she says she’ll have a better idea then. I also have a scan next week although it’s moved. I was booked for 10 weeks but now it’s 10+2 because the clinic got cancelled. I’m still off work. Managing to keep fluids down and eat toast but I think all the vomiting has left me properly run down and that means I’m now having daily migraines. I was getting all stressed thinking how was I going to make it through the working day and then I had this lovely chat with two friends in the same line of work who made the point that if I were my own patient I’d be signing myself off, and actually growing these babies is the most important thing right now. I sort of realised I was being nuts getting myself stressed about this and decided to take the time off. So I’ll be off next week and hopefully with a bit of rest the migraines will ease and then I can make plans going forward.

Hope everyone else is well

Xx

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hi everyone

Hope you are all well

Wilberdoo welcome. Hope the symptoms are getting easier for you.

Wobbly Hope your scan went well on wed. My clinic are the same progesterone until 12 weeks & then wean yourself off.

Tickety hope you are starting to feel a little better. Maybe you could get some anti-emetics?

I’ve got an infected tooth which ideally needs a root canal but dentist won’t do it while I’m pregnant so he’s put a temporary crown on tooth & given me some amoxicillin. Fortunately dentist was fine with me saying I’m pregnant & didn’t charge me :)
Really noticed my trousers are getting tight in the last week. Not much else to report just waiting for my 12 week scan on Monday.

Hugs to you all. Xx

·
Registered
67 Posts
Wobbly- my clinic are the same re progesterone. Im taking them twice per day until next week (11 wks), then once per day for the last wk.
Ellie wishing you luck for your scan on Monday. I have my first GP appointment on Monday too. Cant help but feel nervous. I still have very little symptoms. The only person that I’ve told to date is my mum, and she said neither her or my sister had symptoms in pregnancy. So Im hoping thats the reason but still feeling a little anxious 😬

·
Registered
330 Posts
Welcome Wilberdoo and congratulations on your BFP!

What time is your 12 week scan on Monday Ellie? Mine’s 9am.

Lola - try not to get too caught up with symptom spotting - many women sail through pregnancy with hardly any. My main ones are sore boobs and tiredness, only felt minimal nausea so far.

Tickety Boo - how’s the sickness? Did you get some anti emetics from the drs?

So we are 12 weeks today!!! My scan last Weds was fine and we got signed off from recurrent miscarriage clinic and passed into normal consultant care 🙌. My second lot of anti D bloods came back showing lots of anti D antibodies in my blood so they’re going to retest every 4 weeks for now and keep an eye. My DH also had to go down and get his bloods drawn so they can check his blood group etc. 12 week scan on Monday. Also awaiting LAD results to see if I’ll need more LIT. Hopefully find out more this week. My trousers also tight so now in leggings/ loungewear! Have a paunch but looks more like lockdown over eating haha! Occasionally find myself with glimpses of excitement at the new baby but still highly anxious and terrified a lot of the time.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Hi ladies

Hope your all doing well.

Welcome wilderboo. Its amazing how your forget everything from your previous pregnancy isnt it. Its nearly 8 years since i was last pregnant. Remember feeling so much better than i do this time but my hubby keeps telling me i was just as tired and nauseas. Although it definitely didnt start as early the last time. Ive been feeling rubbish almost since transfer. Im the same though its kind of a comfort.

Tickety - hope you start to feel better soon. Im lucky with my job i can take it a bit easy if i need too but you wont be able to do that. Take as much time off as you need. Time to look after yourself. Good luck for your scan

Ellie - Hope your tooth is better soon. Nothing worse than tooth ache. Good luck for your scan on monday.

Wobbly- my clinic is 12 weeks too for progesterone. Cannot wait to stop them. Good luck for your scan on monday.

AFM - Im 8 weeks today! Feels like its taken forever to get his far! Still feeling totally exhausted all the time but im liking how well im sleeping at night. Nausea is kind of coming and going in waves now rather than being there constantly so its nice getting a bit of relief. But then if its not there i panic somethings wrong. Never happy! Got my booking in appointment on wednesday. Thinking ill book another private scan for next sunday when im 9 weeks. No way i can wait till 12 weeks.

Hope everyones having a lovely weekend xxx

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Quick one sorry if I haven't mentioned you personally.

My scan isn't until 3.50pm so probably won't  do an update on that until Tues as it's my turn to try to convince mini human to go to sleep on Monday night!!

I've had very few pregnancy symptoms & didn't have much with mini human. Been feeling quite bloated last few days but not sure if it's the pregnancy or amoxicillin causing it as both can. Tooth is much better which I really pleased about.

Good luck for tomorrow wobbly.

Hugs xx

·
Registered
330 Posts
Hi! How’s everyone doing?

Ellie - any news on your scan?

T’Boo - how are you doing? Still struggling with HG? When’s your next scan?

Had my 12 week scan yesterday and little bean was in there wriggling away. Didn’t want to lie in the required position for the NT measurement though so they couldn’t do that. Otherwise looks healthy and happy. Bizarrely they redated me despite it being an IVF pregnancy so instead of the true date of 12+2 they put me at 12+5. This whole CRL measurement thing is a farce when you actually know the gestation because of IVF!

Hope the rest of you are doing ok. Look forward to your updates xx

1 - 20 of 46 Posts