Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Hi Wobbly

I had exactly the same thing happen to me in my scan, baby wouldn’t lie still so ended up with CRL of 70.9mm which put me 4 days more pregnant than ivf dates!! With mini human she ended up being given a due date 2 days earlier than my ivf dates.

I spent most of last night trying to work out baby’s gender, in the scan picture baby has its leg covering its nub so I couldn’t use nub theory, so I ended up using skull theory and comparing mini human’s scan to this one to try to decide. I had a clear thought of what the sex was when I saw the early viability scan and the skull theory supports my thoughts. Only another 7 or so weeks until we can find out for certain!!

Hope everyone else is doing well and coping with the symptoms or annoying lack of them!!

Hugs xx

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hi all

Ellie - have you thought about doing a nipt test for gender? I know there are some companies where you can do this alone (so it’s less expensive than a full nipt test, I think sneak peak is around the £70 mark). Also my local harmony provider will include gender if you choose to have that (but that’s £400). I haven’t decided whether to do this or not but if you are wanting to know gender earlier it might be worth considering. I think I’m having boys. This is based on nothing, just a feeling. Interestingly though a friend said to me the other day “I think they’re boys” so whatever feeing it is clearly I’m not the only one with it! Not that it matters. I don’t have a preference, just healthy. I’m glad your scan went well.

Wobbly- glad you had a good scan. The dates thing is funny. My midwife asked for my LMP and I’m like “I don’t have periods but I can tell you exactly when The embryo was put back. We basically worked backwards from then to come up with a date as the computer did demand one. She said “it doesn’t matter anyway as we’ll go with what your scan says.” Which I thought was interesting WHEN I KNOW THE ACTUAL DATE.

Leanne- hope booking went well. My f2f bit is tomorrow (10 weeks exactly).

I’m better than I was. Have been on antiemetics for 10 days now. It’s still hard but easier than it was. An additional complication has been migraines. People who suffer with migraines with aura shouldn’t actually be given oestrogen and obviously I’ve now been on oestrogen for a good while. The migraines were getting daily. My clinic then said I could stop the oestrogen because it “should” be ok because I’m passed 9 weeks but “it’s not ideal.” This thought bloody terrified me as you can imagine. So essentially I’ve gone for huge lifestyle change and we’ve agreed if I have one more I’ll reduce it. Basically I keep the curtains drawn when we have these low bright suns, I sleep a lot, I avoid screens, I’m staying away from work/stress. I’m eating constantly despite the nausea/vomiting and tablets are helping with that, I’m a avoiding chocolate/sugars. I’ve managed to go 4 days  without one now. I’m 10 weeks tomorrow and really hope to get to then at least as I have seen other people talking about weaning from 10 weeks.

Xx

·
Registered
72 Posts
Just a quick update. Had my private scan at 10 +2. Both twins still have good heart beats and were actually super mobile, I don’t think I’d expected that. They measured at 10+4 and 10 +6 so the whole thing was actually really reassuring and so lovely. I’m glad I did it.

Hope everyone else is good

X

·
Registered
300 Posts
Hi ladies

How are you all doing?

Ellie and wobbly - Glad your scans went well. Its crazy that even though you know your dates exactly that they still try to give you different ones.

Tickety - Glad the twins are both doing well. Hope your feeling a bit better.

Booking in appointment went well. Ended up booking another private scan last thursday. All my symptoms disapeared. Everything was fine though and there was such a difference in little bean from the 6 week scan. Its just not sinking in that im actually pregnant. Just keep thinking somethings going to go wrong. I was like this when i was pregnant with my daughter but no where near as bad. Think i just cant believe we've been lucky for a second time. 9+3 today. Already trying to decide if ill do another private scan before my nhs one at 12+5 :D

x

·
Registered
106 Posts
Hello, can I join you please?

I'm 4w 5d and got confirmation from the clinic yesterday that it was all official.

We put back 2 embryos and my hcg was on the high side at 450 - I asked if it could be twins but they wouldn't say! X

·
Registered
300 Posts
Welcome Hannah and congratulations. We’ve chatted before on the April/may thread in 2013.  :)

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Quick one from me tonight as have mini human’s cold. 14 weeks today by ivf dates (going to stick with them as happier they are correct!!) I did my last crinone last night so no longer have that to do which is odd. Got low risk screening results back from 12 week screening test which I’m relieved about. Back to working on site next week which is going to be a shock to the system, no more breakfast in front of laptop!! Next thing for me is midwife at 16 weeks. Supposed to have consultant appointment then but not heard anything, if I haven’t heard anything by the time I see midwife, I’ll ask her to chase it for me.
Hugs to you all.
Ellie xx

·
Registered
106 Posts
Oh wow, hi Leanne!  What a happy coincidence!  Glad to hear everything is going so well.

I'm slightly petrified about everything as it's been 7 years since I last did this...

TicketyBoo - did you know early on you were having twins?  Did you have a high Hcg count? X

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hi Hannah, and welcome. I have not had a hcg check so can’t help with that. My clinic don’t do them. You do a home pregnancy test after 2 weeks. I actually got my first very faint positive at 4dp5dt (I tested at 3dp5dt and actually thought there was a brief something but then couldn’t see it again) and I remember googling like a crazy thing to compare it to other people’s tests. Quite a few people on assorted forums wrote that they got a positive then with a twin pregnancy but honestly at no point did I think I’d have twins because it was a single embryo transfer so it was so unlikely. I found out I was having twins at my 6 week scan. I will say I’ve had nausea to one degree or another since 4 weeks, but it didn’t start getting properly bad until around the 8 week mark.

Ellie - I’m glad your screening results came back low risk and I hope your return to onsite working goes well.

Leanne - I also have believing issues. I’m constantly waiting for something to go wrong. My mum was looking for places I can go try double pushchairs out (her sister told her it was difficult to find places locally cuz there just isn’t anywhere now mothercare has closed - my cousin had a baby last year so she had recently gone through this) and I found I just couldn’t engage with that thought process. I strongly suspect the twins may show up before I buy anything and I’ll be panic buying from my hospital bed. Anyway mum has found a few places that are a couple of hours away and I’ve said “maybe in a few months.”

I’m now 11 weeks and just chugging along. I have my screening bloods later today (midwife couldn’t get my bloods because I’m tricky so having to go to phlebotomy). I’m waiting for my 12 week scan appointment to come through (no sign yet). Back to work but afternoons only and from home. My mornings are a washout still but in the afternoon I can just about get through a patient list if I keep very VERY still.

Hope everyone is good

X

·
Registered
145 Posts
Hi there just to jump on about hcg levels my beta at 12dp5dt ie 4 weeks +3 were 687, single baby, other ladies I cycled with had much higher betas at samd stage too all singletons other ladies have had much lower betas with twins or more so really no way at all to tell how many in there from a beta it's is such a huge range of normal levels it's just the doubling time they look for only way to tell twins etc is the scan  best of luck x

·
Registered
330 Posts
Hello! Great to hear you’re all doing so well.

Tickety boo - so amazing isn’t it to see them wriggling away. How amazing both twins are doing so well. Do you have a little bump yet?

Hannah- congratulations and welcome to the thread

Been to the midwife again today for more bloods. We have some rhesus complications so they have to check my antibody levels every 4 weeks. Foetal medicine phoned up 2 days ago and I have to go and see the consultant in 2 week’s time. Basically the baby is at risk of anaemia and jaundice due to my high levels of rhesus antibodies. It might mean they deliver at 34 weeks or have to do an in utero blood transfusion if it gets really bad. I’m hoping it won’t come to that. Been such a battle and roller coaster to get this far - another twist on the track!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Thank you to Tickety Boo and mollymartha for your experiences.

Wobbly:  IVF is a roller coaster ride, no doubt about it.  It sounds like the doctors are keeping a very close eye on you which is reassuring.

I'm a little worried about having twins as I'm 43 and I was admitted into hospital with my last pregnancy at 39 weeks with a suspected blood clot on the lung.  I forgot how stressful it all is :)

·
Registered
303 Posts
Hi Everyone,

Hope it's ok to join.

I'm early days at 5w1d and this will be my first child/children (had two embies put back) if we are successful. I've sadly had two BFP in the past both ending in MC before or around 10 weeks.  This makes it hard but I am trying to be positive and relaxed and so far am doing pretty well.

I had a beta test done a 4w5d and got 1674 and then repeated 2 days later at 5w and the number had over doubled to 3562 which is keeping my spirits up currently.  I don't really have many symptoms. I was super tired all the time since before my BFP - having at least 1 nap a day. The last two days though I have been better. No sore boobs, no nausea to speak of (how I wish for it to help me know its all ok lol).  All I really have is some bloating and very dry skin all over my body. I am not even peeing much more than normal apart from due to drinking more water.  Lack of symptoms has been the case for me with every pregnancy and it is hard to feel confident that all is going as it should.  Just holding on to those HCG numbers I guess.

I'm also on pessaries (2 x 200mg 4 times a day!!) which I am hoping helps this pregnancy stick.

My fist scan will be at 6w6d on 21st April and I cannot wait to see what is happening  :)

Anyway, hi to all and I hope you are all doing well with your pregnancies - it's a very exciting and blessed time for us all! xx

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hello, I'm joining you for the timebeing (as it's a bit unfair to chat about pregnancy in the other cycling thread), done natural FET two week ago and got BFP this week! Very grateful for this result but also very anxious, as at my age over 40s the risk of miscarriage is very high, so I'm not celebrating much yet. ^pray^

Nice to read you from the previous cycle buddies LeanneR, Tickey-Boo, ellieh17, WobblyTulip, hugs to all of you ^hugme^

@hannahbox I'm 42 and scared of having twins, since it's also common in my family! :(

AFM: 1st scan around 22nd of this month, what to expect at this very early scan? are they be able to tell if it's ectopic at this stage? Surely with a scan we should be able to see where the embryo is positioned, right? Blood test, clinic said 270 u/l beta, don't know if it's any good or not.

This wait is killing me, it's worse than 2ww!

xx

·
Registered
66 Posts
ruthie1710 said:
I don't really have many symptoms. I was super tired all the time since before my BFP - having at least 1 nap a day. The last two days though I have been better. No sore boobs, no nausea to speak of (how I wish for it to help me know its all ok lol). All I really have is some bloating and very dry skin all over my body. I am not even peeing much more than normal apart from due to drinking more water. Lack of symptoms has been the case for me with every pregnancy and it is hard to feel confident that all is going as it should. Just holding on to those HCG numbers I guess.
I'm also on pessaries (2 x 200mg 4 times a day!!) which I am hoping helps this pregnancy stick.
Ruthie, our replies were posted at the same time! :) I don't have as well any symptoms, no sore boobs, not extra peeing so I don't know what to think :( never been pregnant before! I'm on Utrogestan pessaries 3x per day

·
Registered
303 Posts
Super Maria ha ha great minds posting at the same time. I think we just have to remember we are early and many women not on ivf may not even know they are pregnant yet or just be finding out. It’s early for having symptoms. Also maybe we are just really lucky, there are lots of women who have no symptoms all pregnancy and have healthy babies so we can hold on to these thoughts to keep us through.

Pessaries aren’t the most fun but I love each one as hopefully it means my bean(s) will stay put.

I also wonder if because we are on strong amounts of progesterone if this perhaps masks symptoms from the HCG?

It’s all guessing isn’t it but we are pregnant and it’s going well so far so we can be really happy!

·
Registered
303 Posts
Hi Everyone,

Hope you are all doing ok and pregnancies are progressing well.

I had the biggest scare 2 days ago, was going to post yesterday but site was down. Sorry if TMI. I went to the loo and looked down at my underwear to see the largest blob of bright red blood, which continued to appear with every wipe.

Needless to say, having had two pregnancies in my life and both that ended in miscarriage - my only experience of seeing this was its game over. I was in tears, my other half was in tears and we drove off to the clinic as quickly as we could. They are amazing and fit us in straight away.

Well we had our scan and I could not believe it. There were two gestational sacs with two yolk sacs and both measuring exactly as they should. TWO!! Both our embies stuck around. The doctor said we definitely had not lost the pregnancy and that he could not see anywhere where the bleeding was coming from. He said that my womb was long and closed as it should be and that so far as he was concerned we were due 9th December but obviously it would be earlier with twins and to keep relaxed and positive as so far all is as it should be. He said perhaps the bleed was an irritated cervix (I have no idea how as nothing has been near it since the ET).

I was a little upset not to see fetal poles as I have read online lots of women who say they have at 5w5d and heartbeats too but my doctor didn’t seem to be phased saying everything was as it should be for this stage.

The bleeding stopped by the time we got home and now there is just small amounts of brown when I wipe. Although last night I had a quick flash of red which has since gone again.

We have our originally booked scan next week on Wednesday when we hope we will get to see the embies and heartbeats as it was too early to see either this time.

I am still terrified its not going to be ok but my doctor seems to think otherwise so fingers crossed we will keep progressing as we should.

I just wanted to share as the people on here somehow always make me feel better and also if someone else has the same scare I hope it will give hope that it doesn't mean it's all gone completely wrong. Plus I am so excited its twins and just needed to share.

I just hope it will all be ok now and this is just one of those random bleeds that is super scary but not to worry about. Its going to be a long wait until next Weds. I continue to have no symptoms, my bloat is all but gone and my body is not giving me any signs its all ok but I will keep looking at my scan pictures to try and reassure myself.

Sending hugs to all xxx

·
Registered
106 Posts
Oh wow, Ruthie - what a rollercoaster!! Congratulations on your twins though - what a fantastic outcome :love: So pleased for you! It is awful when you have a scare - you just can't believe everything will turn out ok. I had bleeding with my son at 10 weeks - I ended up in A&E convinced it was the worst news... but it turned out ok in the end and I have everything crossed you have the same result xxx

·
Registered
330 Posts
Hi everyone!
Congratulations on your twins Ruthie! Super exciting!

I had another IVIG yesterday in London so feeling a bit wiped out today. Foetal medicine next week so hopefully will find out a bit more about how they’re going to look after us with rhesus disease. No scan since over a week ago... trying to hold out now for a gender scan after 16w but will have to see how I go!

Tickety Boo - you had your 12 week scan now?

21 - 40 of 41 Posts