Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
41 - 60 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Wobbly - I hope you’re resting after your IVIG. You asked if I had a bump, hard to say honestly. I have a fat stomach. Just one of those people that carry all their weight on their stomach. Even when I was a size 8 there was a stomach there and I have over the years had various people ask me how far along I am if I don’t quite get my outfit choice correct (which as you can imagine has been a delight with the fertility problems). I think maybe it’s a little bigger, but my weight is stable. I’m mostly living in loungewear anyway at the moment because I’ve been feeling so rough. I did put my jeans on for a hospital appointment though and they still fit. Reading about your risks etc I sympathise. My twins are MCDA which seemingly means I can’t attend an appointment without someone muttering “high risk” at me. I really hope your appointment with foetal medicine goes well. I’m choosing to see my “high risk” pregnancy as simply “well monitored.”

Supermaria - they should be able to see an ectopic at 6 weeks on a scan. And if they can’t see a pregnancy at all and you’re testing positive they should managed you as pregnancy of unknown location.

Ruthie - congratulations on your twins and good luck for your scan next week. It sounds like they have you a bit of a fright but it’s great that the clinic managed to fit you in and it sounds like your doctor is happy at the moment.

Hannah - when is your scan?

My 12 week scan is booked for next week but I ended up with a trip to epau on Wednesday (when I was 11+6). I’d had pelvic pain since Sunday night, and not the usual twinges you get here and there, something more persistent and sharper. It did actually resolve Tuesday night but by then I had the scan booked for Wednesday morning so went along. Thankfully it was a lot of worry about nothing. They’re both still very much there, heartbeats, measuring correctly. I’m starting to think ahead a little. Thinking in terms of when I’ll start maternity leave, checking the up to date guidance for healthcare workers (still not to be patient facing from 28 weeks). I’m getting ahead of myself of course but I’m one of life’s planners and one of the things I struggle with in my natural urge to plan is in direct opposition with my fear of making any plans at all!

·
Registered
534 Posts
Hi all! sorry I’ve been rubbish at posting. I need to catch up. How are you all? not a lot of posting happening which is probably because we are just all waiting!

I’m waiting for my NIPT results - get them by Thursday hopefully! I have my 12 week scan booked for 19 Nov which is 13+2.
So excited / anxious to find out if all ok and the gender!!!

Keep having strange pregnancy related dreams and forgetting I’m pregnant then remembering.
Anyone else with MS? I’ve been so sick, got some medication which has been life changing.
Life is pretty hectic right now. We are moving back to the UK in August, so excited!!!!

·
Registered
534 Posts
I had some bad news yesterday, I had a NIPT percept test and the pregnancy came back high risk for trisomy 13 which is very rare and probably incompatible with life, from my extensive googling 😔 😭 apparently the test is 82% correct at being right. It’s usual with this to miscarry or terminate the pregnancy 😑

Does anyone have any experience of this? I have a 13 week scan at 13+2 and a CVS booked for 19 May - such a long wait!! Currently 11+2. There is a possibility this could be inconclusive and I’ll have to have an amino at 15.5.

I am devastated but have realised from some research this result often has a false positive and I also think they calculated the risk based on my age, not the age of the embryo - age 35 v 41. The risk increases with each year so I’m going to call the clinic back today and speak to the genetic counsellor to see if this makes a difference. I also want them to tell me my own risk not the general risk. I have so many questions today now I’ve digested the news. I’ve decided to be positive until proven otherwise - a new type of PUPO for me. I am preparing myself for the worse though 💔

·
Registered
307 Posts
I had some bad news yesterday, I had a NIPT percept test and the pregnancy came back high risk for trisomy 13 which is very rare and probably incompatible with life, from my extensive googling 😔 😭 apparently the test is 82% correct at being right. It’s usual with this to miscarry or terminate the pregnancy 😑

Does anyone have any experience of this? I have a 13 week scan at 13+2 and a CVS booked for 19 May - such a long wait!! Currently 11+2. There is a possibility this could be inconclusive and I’ll have to have an amino at 15.5.

I am devastated but have realised from some research this result often has a false positive and I also think they calculated the risk based on my age, not the age of the embryo - age 35 v 41. The risk increases with each year so I’m going to call the clinic back today and speak to the genetic counsellor to see if this makes a difference. I also want them to tell me my own risk not the general risk. I have so many questions today now I’ve digested the news. I’ve decided to be positive until proven otherwise - a new type of PUPO for me. I am preparing myself for the worse though 💔
I just wanted to send my love and hugs really - I have no idea on the results as no experience of this so not much I can offer to help but wanted to let you know I was thinking of you. ^hugme^

My ride so far has been horrible, bleeding on and off since 5 and a half weeks. Turns out it is a subchorionic hematoma which they are monitoring and not too concerned about. Going for weekly reassurance scans. 8w scan showed two babies, two hearbeats and measuring bang on at 8w1 and 8w. I am going for 9w scan tomorrow and terrified. Previous two mc and have never got to 10 weeks so tomorrow and next week are the real worry zones for me. Continuing to have very little symptoms to hold onto too so just praying all will be ok.

Again, sending lots of love and support your way xx

·
Registered
91 Posts
@wilberdoo I do hope it's a false positive based only on your age, there are further tests that can be done (Chorionic villus sampling (CVS) and Amniocentesis). I don't have any experience with NIPT yet but will ask for a screening test next month. Sending lots of hugs in the meantime and stay strong ^hugme^

@ruthie1710 hope the scan today went well and gave you some reassurance 🧡 IVF and pregnancy are such an up & down ride 🥺 Hugs to you and sending positive vibes^hugme^

AFM very little symptoms (I'm at 8w3d), no morning sickness just some upset stomach so not sure if it's all ok or not...I had a scan 2 weeks ago which shows 1 baby and measurement in line with the time. I have the 1st appointment with the midwife on Monday so will see.

Hope everyone is good xx

·
Registered
307 Posts
@SuperMaria thanks for the kind message - scan went very well and two babies with two heartbeats all measuring bang on for 9w. Twin 2 even did a little moving for us :). Just got to get to 10 weeks now as that is my milestone never before reached. I am confident we will be ok though.

I definitely wouldn't worry about lack of morning sickness. I have had the same fears as I haven't had any and I thought you should not only get it but it should be worse with twins. I think some women are just super lucky and don't seem to get it (even if we wish we could for some reassurance lol). Sounds like all is going well with you and the appointment on Monday will be good i'm sure. I have my first midwife appointment on Friday next week and then hoping to get my 12 week scan booked in. Think NHS are running behind at the mo so it can be anywhere up to 14 weeks. I am going to keep paying for weekly scans at my clinic for now, have 10w one next week and then probably book 11w and see from there. Although expensive, with my previous miscarriages it was the best decision I have made to keep me as worry free as possible.

@wilberdoo hope you are doing ok honey, that you have maybe had a few more answers - thinking of you and sending hugs xx

Hope all continues to go well for all the ladies on this thread. Have a lovely, hopefully sunny weekend.

xxx

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Hi everyone

I hope you are well.

Wilberdoo I’m glad scan was good. hope the cvs gives you the confirmation you need.

SuperMaria I had no sickness I’m either of my pregnancies, around 25% of women don’t have any sickness.

Ruthie hope you get to 10 weeks, I’m sure you’ll be fine.

I hope everyone else is doing well, sorry for not doing personals for you.

Today I had my 20 week scan. All was fine, although baby wasn't making it easy for the sonographer to see everything she needed, but we got there in the end. We also found out the gender, it’s a girl 💕. Our 4 year old daughter is so excited to be a having a little sister!!

Hugs and sticky baby dust to you all ^hugme^

·
Registered
534 Posts
Thanks guys, feeling ok ish, I have an amniocentesis booked for 3 weeks time for a definite diagnosis one way or another. The 12/13 week scan was totally fine so didn’t risk a cvs. The wait is horrible, it’s like I’m not properly pregnant ... just wondering if Bub is ok or developing abnormally 😞
For anyone considering the NIPT, please only do it if you really want the results and prepare yourself that it could be bad news. I didn’t - I did it because I thought I should but stupidly assumed it would be ok and I wanted to find out the gender. I wish I hadn’t had it and I would be none the wiser. I guess I might find out then at the 20 week scan which would be a shock but I’ll likely get to near that anyway when I get a final diagnosis and I’d rather be in ignorant bliss in the meantime.
Hopefully it’ll turn out ok but it’s certainly opened my eyes 🥺

ellieh- congrats on your scan and your baby girl! So exciting! My son would have loved a little sister but he’s getting a brother instead!

Supermaria and Ruthie, it’s so weird how some get sickness and some not! I had it really badly this time but only a bit last time. I wanted it when I didn’t have it and vice versa!!! I’m still feeling sick now at 13+4 - I could do without it tbh 🤣

Ruthie I don’t blame you having so many scans, I’ve considered it also and if I thought it would give me reassurance and answers I wouldn’t hesitate. The bleeding must be so worrying ☹

Hi to everyone eise

·
Registered
399 Posts
Hi all,

It’s really early days for me but I’m going mad waiting for the viability scan so thought I’d join! I’m 5+1 and my scan is on 3rd June. This is my 5th fresh round of IVF. I’ve had 3 failed fresh, 1 failed frozen and the last 2 frozen I’ve miscarried at 9 and 10 weeks after seeing an empty sac / potential very small yolk sac at 7 weeks. So needless to say I am terrified it will happen again and I’ll only find out at the scan. The previous times I obviously had no pain or bleeding and had symptoms as my HCG was still rising so I can’t get any reassurance from anything at the moment! I had my HCG taken at 17dp EC which is 181 and at 19dp EC is 509 so it’s almost tripled which is a good sign. I’ve woken up today convinced I don’t feel pregnant and with a lighter test so I’m back to over stressing again!

Hope you are all doing well.

Molly. xx

·
Registered
307 Posts
Hi All,

Welcome Molly and congrats on the pregnancy. I have suffered 2 x MMC with no bleeding/pain and all I really had was a feeling of not feeling pregnant - I do understand your fear totally. Well to try and reassure you and put your mind at rest, this entire pregnancy so far (I am 11 weeks today) I really have not felt pregnant, with fleeting and very minor symptoms at best and I have two babies on board which today were doing a little dance off on the scan :). There is not much I can say to stop your worry, I know as no-one has been able to for me other than for short moments of time. I suggest just allow yourself to feel how you need to feel and don't beat yourself up if you feel low or anxious - its completely understandable. Also, I have had bleeding this time, since 5.5 weeks, red, brown, on, off, no pain - again all was good today. I wish you the best over the coming weeks and hope your anxiety gives you a break as often as possible. Maybe book a private scan if you need to for reassurance, I have felt much better with regular checks.

Wilberdoo - sorry to hear you are having such a tough time with this pregnancy, I can't imagine how hard it is. I only know one person who had bad results on NIPT with a 1 in 9 chance of having problems and I can tell you she delivered a perfectly healthy baby boy! I hope you get the answers you need as soon as possible and still have a good feeling that bubs could be just fine. Sending you love and hugs.

Ellieh - a little girl! Congrats and how exciting for you all. I think i've got two girls on board but we will have a good few weeks yet to find out.

Supermaria - hope all is good with you and your pregnancy and you are keeping well.

Hi to everyone else, sending my best wishes to you all for happy and healthy pregnancies.

AFM - Today is 11 weeks the furthest I have ever made it. Still no symptoms other than a nice round bump now. Babies measuring 11w and 10w6d so pretty much where they should be and were both doing a little dance on the scan this morning. No red bleeds for over a week and barely any brown so fingers crossed my haematoma is done. Back on the Aspirin and only 2 weeks left of my pessaries (yay!). 12 week scan booked privately for next Thurs and then i'm off to the NHS for the rest of my pregnancy with my first scan with them at 13w5d (8th June).

Love and hugs to all xx

·
Registered
91 Posts
Good evening ladies!

@ruthie1710 well done for reaching 11 weeks and glad the scan is showing everything as it should be! I hope still no bleeds and you look forward to finally stop the pessaries!:D

@ellieh17 oh wow congratulations on a little girl! So exciting! And glad to hear you didn’t have any sickness either!

@wilberdoo the 12/13 weeks is a good sign, good luck with the amniocentesis test! I want to do the NIPT test asap, from 1st June it will be available on the NHS, but thinking to do it privately if they provide extra check (I still don’t get why it’s so expensive if the NIPT test is basically a blood test? Unless I misunderstood it!). I want to find out asap any bad news so I can decide accordingly, I don’t want to wait. Sorry about your sickness, hope it gets better soon!

@Molly87 welcome and cautious congratulations!!^congrats^

AFM: today I hit 11weeks and still no sickness, just upset stomach, bad taste in my mouth and intolerant to certain strong smells (I despise coffee at the moment!). I started to have a little bump (already? I thought it would appear later, at 5 months !). Last week of pessaries as well, can't wait!! Been hating them for the past weeks, really fed up!😤
I’ll have a NHS nuchal dating scan at 13w and no matter how it goes, I still want to do a NIPT test for peace of mind.
Have you met your midwife yet? I’ll meet mine at 17weeks (basically July), is it normal? I thought she would be in touch earlier….

Hope everyone else is ok xx💓

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hi all

Sorry I’ve been away a while. We’ve had a bit of a time, our dog unexpectedly died at a young age (4) following an adverse reaction to a medication recommended by the vet for an injury he sustained playing ball. It’s been shocking and awful.

The pregnancy seems to be progressing ok. I’m still sick all the time so working from home as it’s easier to manage when I’m not running around at work. At this stage I’ve forgotten what it feels like to wake up and not feel sick. But I’m 18 weeks now and officially having to crack out the maternity clothes. At the last scan both babies were looking good. I did have a nipt because in order to do the combined screening at 12 weeks both babies needed to be in the right position to have measurements taken and neither had any interest in cooperating. They said I could have the quad test at 16 weeks but warned less accurate with twins and so in the end I paid privately for a nipt. For this reason I know they’re boys (the tests says they can only say one of them is male for certain but given only one embryo went in whatever one is the other has to be). I’d have been happy with either sex if I’m honest but I’d had this sense they were boys from the beginning so when I got the result it just felt very “of course they are.”

I’ve been trying to catch up with everything that has been going on.

Supermaria- good luck with dating scan. I met my midwife at 10 weeks but I guess different trusts must be doing things differently. I have loads of weird food aversions too. Currently I can’t eat anything potato based (there are others but I think that’s the weirdest).

Wilberdoo - good luck with the amniocentesis. It must be a really worrying time. I think you’re right about the nipt/screening tests in general. I’m surprised by how little counselling you’re given about them. For the combined test I was given a leaflet. Once that wasn’t possible I was just told I could have a quad but that it was less accurate with twins (but no info about how this inaccuracy may present itself) and for the nipt I just booked it online and they did it, no discussion at all. I did do research before though and I knew I wanted some form of screening as my brother had T21 (unfortunately he had a heart condition too which means he passed away soon after birth) and as much as I kept telling my parents “that’s not how Down’s syndrome is inherited” it was a concern the whole family had so screening in order to prepare us one way or another was really important. I hope you get a good result and have my fingers crossed for you.

Ruthie - congratulations on reaching 11 (now 12 hopefully) weeks. I’ve never been this pregnant before either and it feels like every week is a milestone. I do a little dance every Sunday! I’ve started having appointments at twin clinic now which is lovely because you get scanned and see the babies wiggling about but also a terrifying glimpse in to the future. All these women with massive bumps! I’m not sure how they stay upright and sit in the waiting room resisting the urge to ask how far along they are. I say terrifying.. obviously I only half mean that, i do want to end up with my own gravity defying bump too.

Molly - I get the fear I really do. I think once you’ve been through pregnancy loss it’s hard to feel anything but anxiety. I still prefix any future planning with “if this pregnancy continues...” and have refused to buy anything until I hit 24 weeks. I agree with Ruthie, I think you just have to let yourself feel this way. It’s understandable/normal. I hope your viability scan goes well.

Ellie - congratulations on your 20 week scan, and how exciting to know the sex! For me finding out did help me start picturing them.

Xx

·
Registered
534 Posts
Hi all how is everyone?
Had the amnio today and scan. Scan again showed nothing abnormal. I get the amnio results tomorrow or Friday 🙏

·
Registered
91 Posts
Hello everyone!

@wilberdoo Glad the scan still showing nothing abnormal, lots of good luck for the results! I had my dating scan the other day and waiting for the results as well, fingers crossed!🤞

@Tickety-boo so sorry about your dog 😢
Yeah working from home makes it much easier for sickness, I'm lucky I don't have any but wouldn't imagine if I was in the office and had to rush to the toilet! Glad your twins are doing ok, wow 18 weeks already! I'm planning to do a private NIPT test as well if the dating scan comes back positive (just to be on the safe side).

AFM: Today I'm 13w5d, had my dating combined scan on Monday and saw the baby, wow I wasn't expecting to see it fully formed! No issues on taking the measurements, sonographer said it was very cooperating :D So today/tomorrow I should get the results. I finally stop taking Utrogestan pessaries last week🎉 but sometimes I still feel the taste in my stomach and mouth, hope the side effects wears off quickly.
Haven't had the covid vaccine yet (they advised me to wait after 1st trimester was over), planning to fly home in Europe in a couple of weeks, so maybe have it when I come back? I don't want to risk to have any side effects on the plane? Did you all have your 1st jab?

xx

·
Registered
534 Posts
Just found out that our baby has trisomy 13 and so we will terminate the pregnancy. It’s fairer to him so he doesn’t suffer. I’m so so sad, I really wanted this baby. We called him Ollie. I can’t believe this is happening to us really. I’m pretty much 17 weeks.
I can decide on a surgical termination or on being induced. If I’m induced I can see him but not if we do the surgical option. I think I’m leaning towards being induced so I can see him and hold him. Whatever I do I just want it over with now. My belly is just a reminder of what we’ve lost.
I wish all of you the very best and I’ll keep an eye on how you are all doing xx

·
Registered
120 Posts
Wilderboo, I am so so sorry to read this 😕
Its devastating news.
I wonder if there was no medical intervention for now, do they know when things might happen on their own? Or is it a risk to your health to continue? Is there even the slightest chance that the doctors could have a false diagnosis?
If you did not have the NIPT test, I wonder would they have still diagnosed it at this stage?
I’m sorry that I’m not much help to you but didn't want to just read your post and not reply. I hope you are taking it easy and you come to a decision that is best for you ❤

·
Registered
534 Posts
Hey lola thanks for your reply ❤
I had an NIPT test at 10 weeks which came back high risk for trisomy 13. I had a normal scan at 12 and 16 weeks, and an amnio at 16 weeks which confirmed the baby has T13. They tested 50 cells and all 50 had trisomy 13. Apparently it’s fairly common not to see anything on scans this early.
If he had had some normal cells then he may have had mosaicism which can be milder and I probably would have waited for my scan at 20 weeks and got more tests done. However as he is full trisomy the outlook is that I will miscarry, he’ll be stillborn or will die a few days after birth. Some babies can live for longer but most have significant deformities, physical and metal health issues.
I couldn’t put him or me or my family through it any longer so decided to terminate as would be prolonging the inevitable. I understand though that some people would want to carry on longer or to term, it’s such a hard decision to end a life. Personally I can’t carry on with my belly growing and all the pregnancy symptoms knowing he’s going to die.
I’ve just begun the induction process today and will most likely give birth on Wednesday. It’s been awful but the midwives have been amazing and I feel like I just want it over now. We will get him cremated and bring him back to the Uk with us (we are moving back from Aus in august). I bought him a blanket and cuddly toy today, the only things I’ve got for him. I’ll keep them when he’s gone. I’m 41 and think I might have one more try before I give up on a sibling for my son. I’ve been researching Uk clinics and how we can send our donor sperm over there.
I hope you have a wonderful pregnancy-rooting for you all xxx

·
Registered
91 Posts
@wilberdoo I'm so sad reading your posts, so devastating and heartbreaking. Thinking of you during this time, hugs and stay strong xx

·
Registered
301 Posts
Wilderboo, im so so sorry to read what your going through. I cannot even begin to imagine how you must be feeling. Sending lots of love to you xxx

41 - 60 of 72 Posts