Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Wobbly - I hope you’re resting after your IVIG. You asked if I had a bump, hard to say honestly. I have a fat stomach. Just one of those people that carry all their weight on their stomach. Even when I was a size 8 there was a stomach there and I have over the years had various people ask me how far along I am if I don’t quite get my outfit choice correct (which as you can imagine has been a delight with the fertility problems). I think maybe it’s a little bigger, but my weight is stable. I’m mostly living in loungewear anyway at the moment because I’ve been feeling so rough. I did put my jeans on for a hospital appointment though and they still fit. Reading about your risks etc I sympathise. My twins are MCDA which seemingly means I can’t attend an appointment without someone muttering “high risk” at me. I really hope your appointment with foetal medicine goes well. I’m choosing to see my “high risk” pregnancy as simply “well monitored.”

Supermaria - they should be able to see an ectopic at 6 weeks on a scan. And if they can’t see a pregnancy at all and you’re testing positive they should managed you as pregnancy of unknown location.

Ruthie - congratulations on your twins and good luck for your scan next week. It sounds like they have you a bit of a fright but it’s great that the clinic managed to fit you in and it sounds like your doctor is happy at the moment.

Hannah - when is your scan?

My 12 week scan is booked for next week but I ended up with a trip to epau on Wednesday (when I was 11+6). I’d had pelvic pain since Sunday night, and not the usual twinges you get here and there, something more persistent and sharper. It did actually resolve Tuesday night but by then I had the scan booked for Wednesday morning so went along. Thankfully it was a lot of worry about nothing. They’re both still very much there, heartbeats, measuring correctly. I’m starting to think ahead a little. Thinking in terms of when I’ll start maternity leave, checking the up to date guidance for healthcare workers (still not to be patient facing from 28 weeks). I’m getting ahead of myself of course but I’m one of life’s planners and one of the things I struggle with in my natural urge to plan is in direct opposition with my fear of making any plans at all!

·
Registered
504 Posts
Hi all! sorry I’ve been rubbish at posting. I need to catch up. How are you all? not a lot of posting happening which is probably because we are just all waiting!

I’m waiting for my NIPT results - get them by Thursday hopefully! I have my 12 week scan booked for 19 Nov which is 13+2.
So excited / anxious to find out if all ok and the gender!!!

Keep having strange pregnancy related dreams and forgetting I’m pregnant then remembering.
Anyone else with MS? I’ve been so sick, got some medication which has been life changing.
Life is pretty hectic right now. We are moving back to the UK in August, so excited!!!!

·
Registered
504 Posts
I had some bad news yesterday, I had a NIPT percept test and the pregnancy came back high risk for trisomy 13 which is very rare and probably incompatible with life, from my extensive googling 😔 😭 apparently the test is 82% correct at being right. It’s usual with this to miscarry or terminate the pregnancy 😑

Does anyone have any experience of this? I have a 13 week scan at 13+2 and a CVS booked for 19 May - such a long wait!! Currently 11+2. There is a possibility this could be inconclusive and I’ll have to have an amino at 15.5.

I am devastated but have realised from some research this result often has a false positive and I also think they calculated the risk based on my age, not the age of the embryo - age 35 v 41. The risk increases with each year so I’m going to call the clinic back today and speak to the genetic counsellor to see if this makes a difference. I also want them to tell me my own risk not the general risk. I have so many questions today now I’ve digested the news. I’ve decided to be positive until proven otherwise - a new type of PUPO for me. I am preparing myself for the worse though 💔

·
Registered
306 Posts
I had some bad news yesterday, I had a NIPT percept test and the pregnancy came back high risk for trisomy 13 which is very rare and probably incompatible with life, from my extensive googling 😔 😭 apparently the test is 82% correct at being right. It’s usual with this to miscarry or terminate the pregnancy 😑

Does anyone have any experience of this? I have a 13 week scan at 13+2 and a CVS booked for 19 May - such a long wait!! Currently 11+2. There is a possibility this could be inconclusive and I’ll have to have an amino at 15.5.

I am devastated but have realised from some research this result often has a false positive and I also think they calculated the risk based on my age, not the age of the embryo - age 35 v 41. The risk increases with each year so I’m going to call the clinic back today and speak to the genetic counsellor to see if this makes a difference. I also want them to tell me my own risk not the general risk. I have so many questions today now I’ve digested the news. I’ve decided to be positive until proven otherwise - a new type of PUPO for me. I am preparing myself for the worse though 💔
I just wanted to send my love and hugs really - I have no idea on the results as no experience of this so not much I can offer to help but wanted to let you know I was thinking of you. ^hugme^

My ride so far has been horrible, bleeding on and off since 5 and a half weeks. Turns out it is a subchorionic hematoma which they are monitoring and not too concerned about. Going for weekly reassurance scans. 8w scan showed two babies, two hearbeats and measuring bang on at 8w1 and 8w. I am going for 9w scan tomorrow and terrified. Previous two mc and have never got to 10 weeks so tomorrow and next week are the real worry zones for me. Continuing to have very little symptoms to hold onto too so just praying all will be ok.

Again, sending lots of love and support your way xx

·
Registered
72 Posts
@wilberdoo I do hope it's a false positive based only on your age, there are further tests that can be done (Chorionic villus sampling (CVS) and Amniocentesis). I don't have any experience with NIPT yet but will ask for a screening test next month. Sending lots of hugs in the meantime and stay strong ^hugme^

@ruthie1710 hope the scan today went well and gave you some reassurance 🧡 IVF and pregnancy are such an up & down ride 🥺 Hugs to you and sending positive vibes^hugme^

AFM very little symptoms (I'm at 8w3d), no morning sickness just some upset stomach so not sure if it's all ok or not...I had a scan 2 weeks ago which shows 1 baby and measurement in line with the time. I have the 1st appointment with the midwife on Monday so will see.

Hope everyone is good xx

·
Registered
306 Posts
@SuperMaria thanks for the kind message - scan went very well and two babies with two heartbeats all measuring bang on for 9w. Twin 2 even did a little moving for us :). Just got to get to 10 weeks now as that is my milestone never before reached. I am confident we will be ok though.

I definitely wouldn't worry about lack of morning sickness. I have had the same fears as I haven't had any and I thought you should not only get it but it should be worse with twins. I think some women are just super lucky and don't seem to get it (even if we wish we could for some reassurance lol). Sounds like all is going well with you and the appointment on Monday will be good i'm sure. I have my first midwife appointment on Friday next week and then hoping to get my 12 week scan booked in. Think NHS are running behind at the mo so it can be anywhere up to 14 weeks. I am going to keep paying for weekly scans at my clinic for now, have 10w one next week and then probably book 11w and see from there. Although expensive, with my previous miscarriages it was the best decision I have made to keep me as worry free as possible.

@wilberdoo hope you are doing ok honey, that you have maybe had a few more answers - thinking of you and sending hugs xx

Hope all continues to go well for all the ladies on this thread. Have a lovely, hopefully sunny weekend.

xxx

41 - 46 of 46 Posts