Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

BFP Due Date Oct/Nov/Dec2021 and Jan 2022

25K views 74 replies 12 participants last post by  wilberdoo 
#1 ·
Hi everyone & welcome
Congratulations on your BFP!!

A little about me I got my BFP 28th Jan and based on my cycle dates I’m due 6th October 2021
I’ve got my early pregnancy scan on wed at 7wks.

Love and sticky baby dust to you all

Ellie

#53 ·
Hi all how is everyone?
Had the amnio today and scan. Scan again showed nothing abnormal. I get the amnio results tomorrow or Friday 🙏

#54 · (Edited)
Hello everyone!

@wilberdoo Glad the scan still showing nothing abnormal, lots of good luck for the results! I had my dating scan the other day and waiting for the results as well, fingers crossed!🤞

@Tickety-boo so sorry about your dog 😢
Yeah working from home makes it much easier for sickness, I'm lucky I don't have any but wouldn't imagine if I was in the office and had to rush to the toilet! Glad your twins are doing ok, wow 18 weeks already! I'm planning to do a private NIPT test as well if the dating scan comes back positive (just to be on the safe side).

AFM: Today I'm 13w5d, had my dating combined scan on Monday and saw the baby, wow I wasn't expecting to see it fully formed! No issues on taking the measurements, sonographer said it was very cooperating :D So today/tomorrow I should get the results. I finally stop taking Utrogestan pessaries last week🎉 but sometimes I still feel the taste in my stomach and mouth, hope the side effects wears off quickly.
Haven't had the covid vaccine yet (they advised me to wait after 1st trimester was over), planning to fly home in Europe in a couple of weeks, so maybe have it when I come back? I don't want to risk to have any side effects on the plane? Did you all have your 1st jab?

xx

#55 ·
Just found out that our baby has trisomy 13 and so we will terminate the pregnancy. It’s fairer to him so he doesn’t suffer. I’m so so sad, I really wanted this baby. We called him Ollie. I can’t believe this is happening to us really. I’m pretty much 17 weeks.
I can decide on a surgical termination or on being induced. If I’m induced I can see him but not if we do the surgical option. I think I’m leaning towards being induced so I can see him and hold him. Whatever I do I just want it over with now. My belly is just a reminder of what we’ve lost.
I wish all of you the very best and I’ll keep an eye on how you are all doing xx

#56 ·
Wilderboo, I am so so sorry to read this 😕
Its devastating news.
I wonder if there was no medical intervention for now, do they know when things might happen on their own? Or is it a risk to your health to continue? Is there even the slightest chance that the doctors could have a false diagnosis?
If you did not have the NIPT test, I wonder would they have still diagnosed it at this stage?
I’m sorry that I’m not much help to you but didn't want to just read your post and not reply. I hope you are taking it easy and you come to a decision that is best for you ❤

#57 ·
Hey lola thanks for your reply ❤
I had an NIPT test at 10 weeks which came back high risk for trisomy 13. I had a normal scan at 12 and 16 weeks, and an amnio at 16 weeks which confirmed the baby has T13. They tested 50 cells and all 50 had trisomy 13. Apparently it’s fairly common not to see anything on scans this early.
If he had had some normal cells then he may have had mosaicism which can be milder and I probably would have waited for my scan at 20 weeks and got more tests done. However as he is full trisomy the outlook is that I will miscarry, he’ll be stillborn or will die a few days after birth. Some babies can live for longer but most have significant deformities, physical and metal health issues.
I couldn’t put him or me or my family through it any longer so decided to terminate as would be prolonging the inevitable. I understand though that some people would want to carry on longer or to term, it’s such a hard decision to end a life. Personally I can’t carry on with my belly growing and all the pregnancy symptoms knowing he’s going to die.
I’ve just begun the induction process today and will most likely give birth on Wednesday. It’s been awful but the midwives have been amazing and I feel like I just want it over now. We will get him cremated and bring him back to the Uk with us (we are moving back from Aus in august). I bought him a blanket and cuddly toy today, the only things I’ve got for him. I’ll keep them when he’s gone. I’m 41 and think I might have one more try before I give up on a sibling for my son. I’ve been researching Uk clinics and how we can send our donor sperm over there.
I hope you have a wonderful pregnancy-rooting for you all xxx

#59 ·
@wilberdoo I'm so sad reading your posts, so devastating and heartbreaking. Thinking of you during this time, hugs and stay strong xx

#60 ·
Wilderboo, im so so sorry to read what your going through. I cannot even begin to imagine how you must be feeling. Sending lots of love to you xxx

#61 ·
Thanks ladies. I’m gave birth to a beautiful tiny Ollie on Wednesday- 14cms and 120 grams. He was perfect except for an extra finger on each hand :) a symptom of his condition. I felt reassured we had done the right thing when I saw that as it was a physical sign of more issues to come as he got bigger, I’m happy we saved him from that. I gave birth without meds as he came quickly - about an hour and a quarter after the first lot of induction drugs were inserted. I didn’t even get the morphine! It was pretty painful but ok - very bad period pain and some stronger contractions. I had a D&C after as I retained some placenta and bled a lot.
anyway I’m back home and grieving now - in a lot of pain from the anaesthesia I think, every muscle aches, I can’t move!
trying to process what happened and also thinking ahead to a Uk cycle which is giving me hope. I feel so sad I couldn’t bring my baby home :(

#63 ·
How is everyone? I had a NIPT test last week and Fetal cfDNA was 6.3%, is it normal or too low?

Apart from that, I'm approaching 17weeks and feeling ok, no nausea, no pain.

#64 ·
Hi guys

Wilberdo - I’m so sorry to hear what you have been through. Ollie is a beautiful name. x

Maria - I’ve just checked my report, my foetal cfDNA was 8.6%. I believe it just has to be above 4% for them to do the nipt and if it were below this they would return an inconclusive result… so should be ok.

How’s everyone else?

I’m 25 weeks now. Still 2 babies on bored, I continue to be sick every day but am otherwise getting by ok. I’ve started to buy a few bits. Managed to get a good deal on a second hand pram through marketplace so that’s so safely at my aunts house. I finish one of my jobs in 5 weeks. My other is more flexible (and frankly easier) so I will continue it for longer but I’m literally counting the days until I get to stop my main job, I find it utterly exhausting. Oh and I have my first covid jab this week. Numbers are rising and restrictions easing… I felt I couldn’t delay longer given the high risk nature of my pregnancy. Hard decision though.

#65 ·
Hello everyone

I had the 20-weeks anatomy scan yesterday and sadly it shows a borderline ventriculomegaly on one side of the baby brain (fluid at 10.9mm). All the dating scans, NIPT and blood test so far came out ok so this is a major blow and it's so scary. Does anyone have any further info, can the size go down? I'll have a 2nd scan in a couple of weeks and if there are no improvements, I may have to take a decision on the whole pregnancy.

This is so upsetting when everything was going great :cry:

#67 ·
Ah supermaria I’m so sorry. Been keeping an eye on this thread hoping all bubbas are ok. I hope it resolves itself and your next scan is more positive. It’s so crap getting news like that and having to wait wondering what’s going to happen. All crossed for you and Bub xxxx

#69 ·
Cheers @Lola2021 , I'm doing more ultrascans, ventricles went down a bit but still need to be monitored. Obviously I'm not enjoying this limbo and this has also ruined my pregnancy, at the moment is just full of worries. Can't believe there is so little awareness on this, I read that fetal ventriculomegaly is one of the most common findings on second-trimester obstetrical ultrasound examination and yet the emphasis is about the 1st trimester (with possible miscarriages or checks about Down syndrome etc)...and they make you believe after the first 3 months you're pretty safe in your pregnancy until this bombshell comes up, a condition which could lead to motor or mental delays, epilepsy, blindness, deafness, cerebral palsy etc...so equally important. It's out of my hands and just need to carry on and see somehow....

Hope you're ok and also everyone else, it has gone so quiet in this thread!

#71 ·
Exactly, it's even worse after all the stress and effort on IVF, finally getting at this stage and still problems!

I've joined a specific forum on this issue and there is a woman that after many cycles of IVF, 3 miscarriages, 1 ectopic pregnancy, finally 5 months pregnancy and discovered severe ventriculomegaly on their baby....why life is so cruel!!

#73 ·
Hey this thread has gone very quiet! Hope you're all well and looking after yourself! I had my babygirl 3 weeks ago, the problem with the ventricles have been resolved during the 3rd trimester and now I'm enjoying my little one💗

Take care everyone and wishing you a Happy New 2022! 🤞

#75 ·
Ahhh guys I’m so bloody happy for you xxxxx

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.