Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I need some advise that is much need as I am in a very mental state today:  Every month for over a year I have TTC, I know with my age this is only a less than 1% chance each month so I am fully aware.  My problem is like this month, I started on day 25 of my cycle getting BFP light but definate and quite clear on a HPT, then in the same day I get a BFN after testing throughout the day, I would get BFN, then BFP and it has been sort of like this throughout the year.

So I decided that there must be a common factor that is making this happen.  One I am on a diurectic (that could cause a false negative) but what about the false positives?  The only medicine I been taking on a regualr basis is for high blood pressure; rentec and the diurectic.

1.  Please tell me, have you ever heard of someone testing BFP and BFN in the same day within hours of each other?

2.  Is the medication causing this?

3.  When I do a Beta it is normally 2 or 3 HCG in my system, do some people just have HCG hanging around like my test result?

4.  Am I just getting Chemical each month?

Thank you for your time and I appreciate any information you can provide.
Cameron Bergeron/Red

·
Registered
10,028 Posts
What sort of test are you using? The v. sensitive 10 miu tests can detect lower than the stated sensitivity , and some noe-pg women do have hcg levels of 3-7, for eg, that can be detected. .

1 - 2 of 2 Posts