Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

This is my first time posting, so hopefully it will work.

To my utter suprise and happiness, I tested a BFP a week ago, with a good HCG level.  Didnt think that much could go wrong but only to find two days later that the HCG level had not doubled and then the following day that the level had actually gone down.  At this point they stopped all my drugs and said that it was unlikely the pregnancy would continue.

Has anyone been through this?  Has anyone experienced a drop in HCG level and for it then to go up again - or am I just hoping against hope?   I have another blood test tomorrow and as yet AF still has not arrived so not sure what is going on.

Any info would be great.

Good luck to all those 2WW's.
Nellie2

·
Registered
218 Posts
Big hugs to you ^Cuddle^ Nellie. I'm really sorry hun, the latest research suggests that although HCG doesn't necessarily need to double in 48 hours it does need to rise. I'm so sorry ^Cuddle^. There's lots of support here for you if you need it, and lots of girls have gone thru exactly the same as you. A week and a half after my first tx they told me my HCG had dropped too. I was so shocked, it was only after my Mum started crying that it hit me :'(.

Thinking of you ^hugme^
Jen :-*

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Jen

Thanks so much for your kind thoughts and support.

Sorry to hear about your experience also, was that recent?

Do you know how long you have to wait before you can try again? 

Thanks so much.
Nellie2

·
Premium Member
653 Posts
Hi Nellie2,

So sorry to hear how things are going,  I've not started my first IVF cycle yet, so can't give any advice, but I hope everything works out for you the next round that you have.

Lots of love,

Gen xOxO

P.S I'm saying a prayer for you

·
Registered
218 Posts
Hi Nellie
Clinics vary in how long they want you to wait before trying again. Many, like mine, prefer you to start after 2 normal AFs, but do allow in some cases starting after just one. A few clinics do allow people just to go straight on and try again if they get a BFN. I don't think a short-lived BFP makes any difference to when they like you to start again - it just depends on when they think your ovaries will have recovered from the stimming. But you might find the BFP makes a difference to the timing of your AF, although which way it goes is unpredictable. My experience was in July (I expect they'll call yours a biochemical pregnancy too - just means the HCG was there to be measured but the pregnancy didn't last long enough to be visible on a scan :(). My AF timing went a bit up the creek but got shorter rather than longer if that's any consolation.

Hope you're doing ok and that your clinic is continuing to take care of you  ^hugme^

Jen :-*

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Jen & Gen

Sorry I didn't get a chance to respond to you yesterday.

Gen - thanks for your wishes and I hope all goes fantastically well with your first IVF in Feb.

Jen - how are you holding out, I see you have 7 days to go, the days don't seem to go by quick enough!

I had another blood test today and the clinic phoned to say that my HCG levels have gone down but not enough so have to have another blood test next week.  Apparently they have to monitor it until the level goes negative as it could indicate an EP!

Good news, the clinic said that as I had my EC back in October it should be alright to try again straight away using my frosties.  Hurry up AF!!!

Take care
Nellie2

1 - 6 of 6 Posts