Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have had a HCG blood test done at 4 weeks and 5 days which was 7220, 48 hours later it has gone up to 13021. It has not quite doubled, do you think this could be something to worry about?

Would be grateful for any info from people with simular experiences?

Jx

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
Hi

They don't always double at the 48 hour rate hun, as long as they are rising well i'm sure your just fine.  Are you having a repeat?

Good luck.

Bev xx

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Bev,

My clinic was not worried but you cant help but worry can you? Yes I am going for another one Friday then at least if it is not doubling I am prepared for the worst for my scan next Thursday.

Jx

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
I've been in a similar position myself these last few weeks hun, I sympathise.... try not to read too much into them but yes they do give an element of preparation if the worst is occuring... I have everything crossed for you hun... my next scan is on Monday...  ^pray^

·
Registered
6,287 Posts
I think you'll find they'll start to plateau around now and wont keep doubling (this definitely happened with mine). They're great levels honey, congratulations!!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Bev, good luck for your scan on Monday,please let me know how you get on if you get a chance. Not sure why I am having these blood tests just feel I need to put my mind at rest until my 7 week scan.

Hi Slinkyfish, thank you for your reply. That is great news that you are having twin boys, how far along are you? Did you feel sick early on with your twins? I have not been sick but feeling really odd until I eat, then ok for 5 minutes then odd again.(not that I am complaining) I am only 5 weeks & 3 days. Can you remember what your HCG levels were around 5 weeks?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts