Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Got a funny question.  This weekend we bought our son a regular twin bed (so exciting and emotional at the same time).  It'll be arriving in a few weeks so over the next couple weekends we need to buy bedding.  Our son just turned 3 and when he sleeps in his crib, he always turns and faces the other way.  The bed we bought has a bookcase at the headboard so if we put it on the same wall as his crib, we're forced to put the head where his feet always end up.

Questions:
1.  Should we get a pillow for him right away?  Or wait until he's used to his bed?
2.  Do we get sheets and a comforter?  Right now, he has nothing and I come in and put a blanket over him after he's asleep.
3.  Should we put his bed in the same location as his crib?

·
Premium Member
791 Posts
Hi R4F

No one replied so I thought I would!

1. You could try a pillow right away- we did with heather and she threw it out for a few months! I don't suppose there is any need for h8im to have a pillow if he doesn't want one! Maybe just keep trying

2. Heather is in a normal single divan bed and has been since she was 18months. She has a sheet covering the matress, a top sheet and a duvet on- although i don't know why i bother with the top sheet as its in a bundle in the bed by morning. I go in before we go to bed and cover her up/reposition her if needed but she will have kicked off the covers by morning! As long as she stays asleep I don't care!

3. we didn't put the bed in the same place as the cot as we moved house! So different room and bed at the same time- and Lucy was due a few months after we moved and she needed the cot! So I guess its up to you- I would maybe set the room out how it is going to be if you are limited for space and let him get used to it. We have the bed against a wall so theres just one side to get in/out of. You may be suprised- as he probably won't be too bothered- whereas you'll be stressed!

HTH  :)
love Rachel x

·
Premium Member
20,424 Posts
Hey R4F,

I know I posted elsewhere about the pillow but I would put one in from the start in the hope it encourages him to stay the 'right' way. I would get sheets or a duvet of some sort, again in the hope that 'tucking him in' will encourage him to stay where you put him, he can always kick it off if he gets too hot. When you say a comforter to you mean like a teddy or dummy etc?? Personally if you've got this far without one I wouldn't bother!

AS to where to put the bed, I'd put it wherever it fits best in the room and wouldn't worry too much about having it in the same place - it's a new bed and he's having new furniture too isn't he, so maybe make it all part of the adventure.

I hope it goes well for you and I can totally relate to how you're feeling moving to the next stage............where have our babies gone eh?!

Chux xx

·
Registered
5,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you both for your responses.  So bascially we should get the pillow and sheets right away and just expect it to take time for him to adjust.

chux, guess it's another case of our different terminologies.  ;D By "comforter", I mean the piece that goes ontop of the sheets to keep you warm (and make the bed look nice when not being used).  Do you use the word 'duvet' there?  It's like a blanket but thicker with more air. 

·
Premium Member
20,424 Posts
LOL at the comforter!! We have either duvets or quilts - a quilt is one piece whereas a duvet is inside a cover IYSWIM. Neither of mine have sheets, just the duvet which is 4 tog. Do you have a tog rating system??

Chux xx

·
Registered
5,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Gosh there's another UK/Canada difference  ;D  Never heard of a tog system (could be my lack of knowledge though)...but we do refer to duvets and quilts.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts