Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:( :( :( :( BIG FAT NEG - Hard to cope - lots of tears - I went and tested a day early (day 13) which has made me mad at myself as then you start to clutch at straws I think! but know deep down AF on its way as always takes a while to kick in but I get a gunky discharge first - can't be bothered to spend more on pregnancy tests just to get another neg either - swore I'd never do another x  still not sure if should come off cyclegest - but seems daft staying on it when know AF is here x I've never been wrong before and have had several ICSI cycles before.

Sorry to moan but good luck to all x

·
Registered
358 Posts
^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ oh hun i'm so sorry, there aren't any words that will help you right now but didn't want to read and run! I hope you can find some comfort on this board  ^Cuddle^ Why don't you speak to your clinic and they can advise you re. cyclogest?

Rach xxx

·
Premium Member
17,093 Posts
Hi

Sorry to hear of your BFN ^hugme^  We had our 6th unsuccessful IVF last month (4 fresh IVFs + 2 FETs) although we'd also done 6mths of clomid to boost (ovulate naturally) so could say it was our 12th unsuccessful (not including all the years of natural BFNs) :'(  We did actually have 2 chemical pregnancies/early mcs with both FETs as well as 2 early mc's naturally (before clomid) but that doesn't help....just makes it all the more frustrating.

I understand about you wanting to stop the cyclogest....I have to have clexane injections, as well as prednisolone during treatment and this last cycle I was also on gestone injections instead of cyclogest or crinone......and as soon as I started spotting at 9dp5dt and then full flow bleeding at 10dp5dt (and got BFN, surprise surprise, when I tested) I just stopped all meds as I didn't see the point in pumping my body full of meds and getting jabbed in butt and belly ! :-\

I would phone your clinic just to let them know and ask their professional advise though.

Take care
Natasha

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Natasha
:(

Thank you so much for your message - being the same age and having undergone the same amount of cycles (albeit with some differences) your words of comfort meant a lot - specially given what you have been through. I really hope it happens for you, for both of us, and it gave me that 'glimmer' of hope that I could begin to feel hopeful again, even if it's just a 'tiny ray' at the moment.
I'm still having 'sobby' moments - guess that will happen for a while until I can start looking to the future again. Hard today as one of my best friends gave birth to a baby girl - I wish her all the happiness in the world but it just hurts dosen't it?! I guess in a way this time of year you feel it a lot as when its warm all the  young children and 'prams' are out and about - then again there's always something eh?! I'm staying off work tomorrow and going back Friday - this time I'm not going to rush it - know I wont be able to focus at the moment anyway but still feel bad.

All the best - talk soon hopefully!

Becky x 

·
Registered
48 Posts
HI Worrywort  :)
so sory to hear about your BFN - they suck don't they? Be kind to yourself, it is a lot to get over each disappointment. ^hugme^
For future reference, I started spotting on day 10 of 2ww after IUI and as it was our 4th and last cycle I simply saw the signs of my period coming and threw away the drugs (cyclogest pessaries) in disgust  :mad: :mad:. However, the start of my period (or so I thought) didn't really amount to much and over the next few days it was just about when I wiped and wasn't any to be found for 12 hour stretches. I tested on day 14 using the hospital pregs test and it was a BFN. I was going MAD wanting to know what was going on, as AF still not up to much and I started getting pregnancy symptoms.. I tested on Day 15 with one of those digital Clear Blue numbers (can't argue with 'Not Pregnant' or 'Pregnant' can you? the ones with lines drive me bonkers, is there one or not???!!) and it said I was pregnant, a BFP. I went onto miscarry but was pregnant for 1 blissful week after that- so I guess what I'm trying to say is I felt the same when you se a sign of bleeding or whatever you automatically think 'that's IT' but it isn't always..
I too tested early sometimes thinking what difference does it make the night before??? but must have wasted £££s on tests. Inbetween TXT I think if you are PG then you will be just relax and you'll find out soon enough, but I know if I'm on treatment it's a different kettle of fish and you go to hell and back in the 2nd week of the 2ww checking pants all the time and analysing every last twinge, etc.
I know it's east to say and I wish I could follow my own advice, but I'd say don't panic in 2ww, just wait for day 14 or later and keep taking whatever the clinic said to take no matter what symptoms/spotting or whatever as it could just be implantation bleeding and you still could be PG. I got caught out by throwing all my meds away and I still wonder had I not and had have kept taking it would I not have miscarried and be stil PG today???  :'(

Good luck with whatever you decide to do now  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Vivaldi x

·
Registered
41 Posts
I'm so sorry to here about your test  :'( I know that I can't do so much so I thought I will give you lots of ^Cuddle^ ^Cuddle^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^
Henna

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Hiya,
So so sorry to here terrible news, thinking of you and sending you  ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^.
hayleigh xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

1 - 7 of 7 Posts