Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 232 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Mums & Dads

Please use this section to post here if you gave birth to you baby within the month of Ausgust 2005

Enjoy !
Amanda :)

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
hi girls i here as well!!!

love kel
xxx
^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^

·
Registered
838 Posts
Oooh its for August and September... excellent. Hopefully I'll be joining you girlies very shortly!  :) :) :)

Kelly, hope all is going well for you hun....

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
come on girlies, where are you all?? 
Hope everyone is doing well
Love
Kel
xxx

·
Registered
260 Posts
Hi there everyone!!

Only just seen this thread!

How's everyone doing, I can't believe it's September already and Lucy will be a month old on Saturday :eek: Where does the time go? ???

Natt - How are you feeling now hun? And how's little Maygan getting on?

Kel - Hi babe! Big hugs to Holly!

Dawn - Can't wait to hear news of your little bundle - not long now!!!

Look forward to chatting to everyone about our little ones.

Lots of love,
Hannah & Lucy xxxxx

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
Hi Kel, Dawn & Han  ^wave^

Things aren't going too badly at the moment.  DH is home for the week, but goes back to work Sunday night again  :'(  On meds now and they should kick in shortly I hope!

Maygan is thriving and gaining lots of weight.  I reckon I'll be needing some 00 clothing in a month!  ???  Her feet are so big they don't fit in half her 000's!!

Hope you guys are all doing well!

Cuddles for Holly & Lucy

~Natt~

·
Premium Member
4,658 Posts
hello girlies,

It's great to back on the same thread as you all.

Caitlin is a week old already, it has gone so quick.  Came out of hospital on Tuesday and I was very relieved to get out of there, some of the Mums chose to put their little ones in the nursery over night to give themselves a break but i was in the room opposite and was kept awake every night by everyone else's babies ggrrrr.  Caitlin has only woke up one night so I cannot complain, apparently I never woke for my night feeds so I will be keeping my fingers crossed that she is the same.  Big problems with BF I am expressing to top up (using a syringe) her feeds as she is very lazy on the breast, I have to use shields as she will not take without!!  She was 8lb 3oz at birth and went down to 7lb 5oz within a few days, but put on 1 oz, midwife coming tomorrow so I am hoping that she has gained some more.  Feel totally in love with her and cannot beleive that she is actually mine, DH is great with her and is looking after me really well after the c section so no complaints there.

Natt, How are you finding your new feeding regime.  Its obviously working if she is piling on the weight.  Hope the meds do the trick for you honey.  I have very similar feelings to you re the birth etc I have been invited to go back to the hospital and speak to a councillor about my expectations of the birth and compare it with the reality, don't know if want to go down that route or just try and put it totally out of my mind!! Scared of doing the latter in case it comes back to haunt me.  At the moment I don't even want to write my birth story.

Han,  The time really has flown by since you were on tri 3.  How is the lovely Lucy getting on?

Kel,  I knew i wouldn't give birth before you, I didn't want to queue jump anyone lol.  How is everything?

Dawn,  When's that bubba coming out m8y?

Love Mish and Caitlin xx

·
Registered
840 Posts
Hello all

Like Dawn I'm hoping to join your all soon, my bubs just isn't playing along and is now 2 days late, must be the nasty weather putting it off arriving, either that or me stork's got well and truly lost!!!

Mish~ Great to hear that Caitlin is a gem sleepwise and that DH is being a star, just what a new mommy needs eh.

Natt~ Glad to hear that Maygan and yourself are doing well, I can't get over the fact that she is more than a month old already! 

Kel~ Hope you and Holly are doing just fine......

Han~ Can't believe that Lucy is a month old today, crikey!!!!  Hope you are both well.

Well I hope to join your properly soon with Dawn and the other girlies due soon! 

keri xx

·
Registered
202 Posts
Hi there!

Just posted on July-August board, and then noticed this one, so thought I'd post on here!

Very nice to see so many familiar faces!

Vivian is now almost 3 weeks old - I can still hardly believe she's here!!  She was 6 weeks premature, so it was rather unexpected to have an August baby rather than an October one!

I'm expressing at the moment (literally!), as Vivian has been too small to feed directly from the breast, but we are going to try to start breastfeeding next week.

Dawn & Keri - hope you join us soon!!

Julia
xo

·
Premium Member
519 Posts
Hi girls,

Just checking in  ;D

Got a stinker of a headache so will pop back later and do a proper post, great to see you all though (was feeling a bit lost)

Love Helen x

^reiki^ ^reiki^ Dawn and Keri

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
hey girls

gr8 to see familiar faces!!  typing one handed so catch up properly really soon!!
love to all the bubbas and mummy's!!

love kel and holly
xxx

·
Premium Member
4,658 Posts
Hello All,

Julia,  Welcome to the thread, so glad that Vivien is doing well, she looks adorable

Helen, Hope your headache didn't stay too long.  How is your little man doing (there seems to be a big influx of boys now)

Hi Kel, Natt, Helen, Han and Dawnie (who became a mummy today), Keri hope it isn't much longer for you

Caitlin weight has improved dramatically she had only gained 1 oz again by Sunday but was weighed today and has put on 9 oz's and is now only 1/2 oz short of her birth weight, massive load off my mind.  I have put her on 1 formula feed at 4am (don't think i will wake her though tonite) and my milk supply seems to have come back now I'm expressing 5 times a day, she still fails to suckle on the breast though.

Anyway going to chill out while she is sleeping

Hope you are all keeping well

Love Mish and Caitlin xx

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
Hi all  ^wave^

Mish - so jealous that Caitlin can sleep all night! Maygan still wakes 1-3 times through the night.  It's any wonder she's nearly 5kgs!  ;D

Helen - hope your headache is gone!

Hi to Kel, Dawn (congrats!), Julia, Han & Keri ( ^reiki^ )

~Natt~

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
Hi Girls

Mish-  So what is the magic trick to get Caitlin to sleep through?? 
My little munchkin wakes about twice in night for feed.  usually about 12.30am and 4.00am ish, or though i finding these timings are changing as can go slightly longer between feeds during the night (about 4hrs). 

Natt- Hows you doing hun?  Hope you feeling bit better. 

Congrats to Dawnie on birth of bubba.

Hi to Helen and Julia, hope you and bubs are all fine and not too tired!!

Well i successfully took Holly into work to show off!! I was really anxious she would cry, but manged to keep her calm!! Got a bit fussy near to end of trip as was nearing din-dins time!!, so quickly whipped her round to see rest of people and then home, poor little thing was screaming for food by time got home.  Real tears and everything, yet when i fed her, she didn't finish her bottle!! Little monkey!!

Looking forward to sharing all our baby news/tips/anxieties!! Nice that we are all in the same boat!!

Love
Kel and Holly
xxx

·
Registered
202 Posts
Hi everyone,

Well, had a slightly disappointing visit with the midwife.  Was trying to get Vivian to take the breast (using one of those supplementary systems), and I thought she was doing remarkably well, but the m/w said she hasn't put on weight (she's just barely 5lbs) and that's really imperative, so I need to supplement her feeds with formula.  :(  I was so proud she'd only ever had breast milk.  But, apparently she needs to get fatter so she can suckle properly.  Also, my milk production has really dropped (from about 80ml to 20-30ml), and the m/w thinks it's because I'm stressing myself out too much with the breastfeeding thing.  So, we're going to focus on fattening her up for now.  Quite disappointed.  :(

Mish - are you still trying to get Caitlin to breastfeed?

Kel - how lovely that you got to show Holly off at work!

Hi to all.

Julia

·
Premium Member
519 Posts
Hi everyone,

Glad everyone seems to be doing well  ;D

Natt, hope you're feeling better hun, hopefully those meds have kicked in now and you're feeling a bit stronger.  ^hugme^

Julia, Sorry to hear things aren't going so well with the breastfeeding. I understand how disappointed you must be feeling (i've posted on ask a health visitor as i have a weird problem). I guess it gets better with time and the main thing is that our bubs are strong and healthy  ;D You've done brilliantly so don't be hard on yourself  ^hugme^

Kel, glad your trip to work went well. I bet you got mobbed when you went in  ;D

Mish, Glad you feel a bit more settled. It's a big wieght off your mind when their weight starts going back up. How are you feeling after the op?

Hannah, Blimey where has that month gone! Doesn't seem 5 mins since you were waiting for Lucy to arrive.

Great news on Dawn and Keri, two more little boys (Cameron was feeling a bit outnumbered  ;D )

Love to everyone
Helen x

·
Registered
293 Posts
Hello everyone

Wow i cant believe, i have only just seen this thread, its so great to hear how well everyone and their little bundles of joy are doing  ;D .

Makenzie is finally asleep, as he has taken to staying awake all day, not that, that makes him sleep any better at night, he is waking every few hours at night, and is usually wide awake at 4am.

We bought him a swing the other day, which is great for about 5 minutes peace, he is such a cuddly baby, and just loves to be held all the time, he is still being breastfed but he seems to be feeding constantly, (thank heavens for breast pumps, cos dh can do some feeds then).

We have been officially discharged from the midwife on wednesday, which felt quite sad really, but the health visitor is really nice, the midwife weighed him on wednesday and he is now 8lb 14 and half oz's so he has gained a whooping 8 and half oz's in 11 days what a great excuse for yet another trip to mothercare  ;D ;D .

Well the peace was short lived as Makenzie is wide awake and starting to cry, i will do some personals tonite when he has his evening nap.

take care everyone

Love

Lisa and Makenzie
xxxxxxxxxxx

·
Registered
260 Posts
Hiya girls & bubbas,

Sorry I haven't been in to 'chat' - this being a mummy thing seems to take up a lot of time!!!! ;D

Good to hear you're all doing OK and our little Aug/Sept club is growing by the day - huge congrats to all the new mummies!! ^clapping^

Will definitely try and do some personals tomorrow - if Lucy lets me, she's not very good at having long naps during the day!!

Take care everyone and I'll catch up very soon,

Lots of love,
Hannah & Lucy xxxx
^rainbow^

·
Registered
202 Posts
Good morning!

Checking the internet at night while pumping seems to be the only option!  Han - totally agree that being a mummy takes up a lot of time!!  My mum is here now to help out, and before she (and Vivian) arrived, I wondered what we would talk about all day!  As if that's a worry now.  The days just fly by!!

Helen - thanks for the kind words of support.  I needed them!  Vivian gained 40g as soon as we put her back on the bottle, and my production is up too, so clearly it wasn't yet right for either of us.  We're going to continue pumping & bottle feeding until Vivian is 3kg, and then hopefully she'll have enough power to breastfeed successfully.

Busy weekend as we're preparing for a big concert next w/e.  Thankfully Mum can babysit when we have practice!

Hope everyone has a lovely weekend!

Julia
xox

1 - 20 of 232 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.