Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Mums & Dads

Please use this section to post here if you gave birth to you baby within the month of June 2005

Enjoy !
Amanda :)

·
Registered
209 Posts
Hello anyone

Just wondered if anyone had their baby in a routine of sorts yet?  We are still all over the place (majority breast feed but the occasional bottle)

Also - she gets the farts really bad and screams the place down when she does them - anyone any tips on how to make this any better?

Hope your all enjoying your precious bundles!!

Love Churchill and Franks xxx

·
Premium Member
845 Posts
Hi Churchill!

Luca has the same problem with farting - it would be funny that he is scared of his own farts if it didn't mean he was in discomfort and it is meaning more waking up at night for us all.

I'm afraid I haven't found a solution either but am hoping it will all settle down when he gets to 12 weeks which everyone tells me is the magical time when all his tummy troubles and colic will disappear!

The standard tummy solutions I've tried like gripe water just make them worse!

I've tried every formula going (we are no longer breastfeeding) as luca also has other tummy problems, and am now on Omneocomfort which is designed for easier digestion. Only started it today though so we'll see but he was trumping for england this pm.
How old is she now?

routine wise we are starting to get him upstairs to bed at between 7 and 8 and do a bath every other night but moving to every night soon as he now enjoys the bath and screams when he gets out rather than when hegets in (!)

He goes such varying amounts of time between feeds that I don't know what to do about routines. He ranges from around 4 to just over 6 hours (the latter only twice though!)  This makes everything a bit unpredictable e.g. who should do which feed at night given we don't know when they will be. So I'll be interested in what others say.

Elvie
xx

·
Premium Member
845 Posts
p.s. how have you found your PCOS since Francesca's birth?

I am really struggling to lose weight and have lost hardly any, am hairier than before and spotty.
I'd had it under control with metformin for about 5 years and had no symptoms.  But I stopped met when I was pregnant and put weight on so I think I've gone into the viscious circle of weight gain/ pcos getting worse!

I've put myself back on met and haven't really asked the GP as they are clueless so I just asked for more on a repeat prescription and no one has noticed!

Hope it kicks in soon as I feel horrid!

How about you?

·
Registered
209 Posts
Hi Elvie

Thanks for that - Its reassuring to know were not alone in the trumping stakes!!!  She is 12 weeks today so like you, am hoping that everyone in right when they say it goes...  she had really bad belly this afternoon though so am not holding my breath!!!

I am also formula feeding now, with one breast feed during the day - I really want to start a routine going and find it impossible with the boobs - she is like Luca with the times - Im trying to space it out so she feeds every 4 hours but sometimes she just ain't interested - its just not text book is it??!!!  I'll see how she goes - thanks for your advice.

Re: PCOS, pretty much the same as you - AF hasn't made an appearance yet though this could be due to breastfeeding I supppose.  Am spottier than I ever was when I was a teenager and hair has returned with a vengence.  Don't know about you, but when I was pg the hair wasn't a problem - I found I didn't have to shave my legs very often, and the hair on my belly really improved, but now its just as bad as it was before - Nair must make their profits from us girls with PCOS!!

Weight isn't too clever either - I was 10 stone when I got bfp - was 14s 8lb when she was born and am now 12s 5lb - am going to WeightWatchers on Thursday now I've stopped breastfeeding to see if I can shift it.  I never took Metformin so can't comment there - did you find it helped?  Might go to my GP, but don't really have faith as it was NHS who said there was nothing wrong with me, and private that diagnosed PCOS....tsk!!!  Still - worth a try!!

take care - and by the way, Luca has a gorgeous smile!!

·
Premium Member
845 Posts
hi churchill

I found metformin wonderful. I lost quite a lot of weight progressively and eventually I had no symptoms of pcos at all.  So glad to get back on it but it will take a month or two to take effect I think!

I was 8st 9 or so before treatment and pregnancy and am now 10st 1!!! Yikes!! We both seem to have put more weighton during preg than average and I wonder if that is to do with pcos?

The hairiness thing is worse than it was before but not too bad for me, it's the weight that is doing my head in!  Spots have improved over hte last few days - hope that's permanent! Periods all over the place - seems to start and then stop again too quickly but maybe that's just a post preg thing!

re attitudes to pcos and how helpful medics are - I think it just varies in the nhs - some docs are very good and knowlegeable and it but others aren't.  I hate to stereotype but younger women docs might be better?

Which formula are you using and how are you finding it vs. breastfeeding?

Elvie
x

·
Registered
76 Posts
hi every one thought i would join you felt a little lost coming on here when little ellie-mae arrived didnt no were to post... well im loving every moment with my daughter she is lovely..every day is so different... hope everyone is ok....

love to all xxxxxx

·
Registered
209 Posts
Hi girls

Really nice to "see" you all again!! 

Trudy - thanks for the tip on the book - I am just starting to try to get Frankie in a routine and at the moment she is winning!!!  Only wakes up once a night for a feed but 8pm - 6/7am sounds fab!!! 

Gill - me too - don't get on as much as I would like - I don't know what I did with the day before I was a mummy!!

Elvie - hadn't really thought about the weight/pcos issue but know you mention it you could be right - think with pcos its easier to gain weight and harder to loose (although I can't deny I ate like a pig during my pregnancy!!!) ^pig^  Think I will go to my doctor - he might suprise me!

Re: breast or formula - I have pros and cons for both - I prefer formula as in: I know how much she's getting, and I can time feeds to pratically every 4 hours  whereas with breast she was feeding quite sparodically.  The nappies were so much better when she was breastfeeding too!!!  I am still breastfeeding once during the day but I think this will stop soon - and I think she does it mainly for comfort - either that or shes a greedy guts!! 

Have a good rest of the weekend folks
Love
Marie and Frankie
x

·
Premium Member
845 Posts
hi all

hope you had nice weekends.

Luca is getting smilier and smilier and I am falling more and more in love with him!!
He is now trying to grasp things on the baby gym thing and has seemingly good head control - I've put him in the bumbo and he seems ok but I don't leave him unattended in case his head flops still!
So cool to see them developing and learning isn't it.

Lovely to see you on here Trudy.

Dh going to Tokyo for 5 days so am alone this week - yikes! got lunches with friends planned all week though to get out.

Elvie
x

·
Premium Member
1,622 Posts
hey everyone xxx

can I join in?

Charlotte was born on the 24th of June 6 weeks early,I recognise a lot of you from the 3rd tri board!!

oh I used to be tinks78!!

looking forward to catching up with you all xxx

·
Registered
209 Posts
Hi everyone

Hope your all doing OK!

Lisa - nice to see you - how are you doing?

Elvie - How did it go being on your own?  Tokyo - wow! Bet that was fab for your DH!!  Would you recommend them Bumbino thingies?  Was going to get one but wasn't sure if they were any good - I thought they were potty's when I first saw them!!! ^idiot^

Wish I could get on here more often but don't know where the time goes these days!!  Can't believe where the last three months have gone!!  Was in Pizza Hut yesterday and a lady and her mum and baby boy were sat next to us - baby was 6 weeks old and I couldn't believe how small he seemed - the difference in 6 weeks is amazing!!! 

We are doing good - Franks put on 11 ounces in a week last week!!  Little gannet!!   ^pig^ Am looking forward to next month - after her 3rd set of injections her Nan is taking her to get her ears pierced - and we are going to start swimming with a lady I met at ante-natal and her baby boy - can't wait to get her in her little swimming costume!!!

Started weight watchers again Thursday - popped into the 7/11 on the way home for last minute chocolate fix - DH said I was only person he knew that could go to weight watchers and come home eating a Crunchie!!!   ;D(Ref to Pizza Hut earlier - decided to delay starting until today - it just looked too nice!!) ;D

Had my first night out last week - went to see Chas N Dave with some mates from work - it was brill!!! Did the mumsey thing and took most recent piccies of Frankie out with me!!  I had to pace myself with the drinking though - and was home by 11.30 - DH was well suprised!

Take care all
love
Marie and Frankie
xxx

·
Premium Member
845 Posts
hi there
churchill - ironic that we are hoping our little ones put on weight well but we want to lose it ourselves!!

Good work with the crunchie and pizza hut.

Just realised it's only two weeks til my hols and I now want to up the weight loss to 2lb a week not 1lb which is my target normally,

Yes I'd recommend the bumbos but they don't really last long apparently.  They are great hand me downs as they don't wear so if you know someone who has one and is finished with it...

Lisa - are you managing to keep Charlotte out of the heat there !!?

Elvie
x

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Hi girls,

Just wondering how everyone is doing? I cant believe my two are 7 months now, where has the past year gone? How are you all finding motherhood?

Will leave it there for now as this isnt a busy thread so you may not see my post for a few months  ;D ;D

Would be lovely to hear from you all,

L xx

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.