Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone

Just a quick post to ask about birth plans. I am 99% likely to need a CS due to my placenta praevia. I have been told that it will help me cope with it as a concept to write a birth plan, but have no idea how to go about it when everything is so medical and controlled anyway. I would love to hear of anyones plans or experiences...........
I have a few things that are important to me - e.g. DH telling me the sex of the baby, and cuddling the baby as soon as possible, but I don't know if these are possible and how to put them down

Thanks all so much
love
Ceci :-*

·
Premium Member
20,424 Posts
Hi,

I have written a birth plan for a c-section although there wasn't a great deal in it. What mine said was that I wanted to know what was going on such as when they made the first cut, when the waters were about to go etc (the anaethetist gave me a a running commentary each time!), I wanted the screen lowered as they lifted baby out, and I wanted to find the sex myself rather than be told. I also put that I wanted skin to skin as soon as possible and/or baby being given to me (they'll do this whilst you're being sewn up), that I planned to BF, and had agreed vit K injection.

Other things you can include could be the music you want playing, that you want to see the placenta (I put this first time around as I was wanted to see what had kept my baby alive and growing for 9 months!), your dh/dp will be with you etc.

Good luck - it may not be what you had originally planned but there's no reason for it to be a negative experience. Elective sections are very relaxed, the atmosphere is amazing and I know I enjoyed mine.

Chux xx

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Chunx sweetie that is really helpful - those were all the sorts of things that I want to put in mine, will write it this weekend :)

lots of love
C :-*

·
Premium Member
20,424 Posts
If you want to find the sex yourself then make sure you tell the surgeons yourself and remind them as your LO is born!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts