Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Never done this before, so not sure how much info to put!  Was on Pill since 18 (with a break at age 23, but no periods for over 9 months), then went back on Pill at age 24 until age 34, when me and DH decided to try for a baby.  Very erratic periods anything between 29d and 53d.  Blood tests revealed I wasn't ovulating (also had various internals and HSG - all clear).  Started 50mg Clomid in Nov, increased to 100mg in Dec, Jan and Feb -tive.  Have taken 100mg this month, if -tive again, then reducing down to 50mg in order to try IUI next month.  Trying not to get too worked up, and praying +tive this time - really don't like hospitals and being poked & prodded and will get v tense before IUI.  Me and DH willing to have 2 attempts at IUI - then have agreed to accept our lot  :'(.  Does IUI hurt?  I was in agony when had HSG!

·
Registered
543 Posts
Hi Mollymay

welcome to FF.  Just wanted to let you know that I also found HSG really painful.  I also had IUI and I had no pain with that whatsoever.  It is no different really to having a smear test.  They use the speculum so they have access then they just insert a really thin catheter type thing which contains the sperm which goes past your cervix...but you don't need the balloon to open up the cervix for access.  I hope that sets your mind at rest a bit. The catheter looked even smaller than the width of a straw to me.

Good luck this month with your clomid...I hope it works for you.

Take care
Love Zoe x

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hi,

just to concur, my iuis have also been entirely painless and far less of an ordeal than the hsg, so I wouldn't worry if I were you.

Good luck and welcome to the boards,

Broody

·
Premium Member
987 Posts
I am being referreed for HSG as we speak and then maybe IUI if all is OK. I am terrified as I am very squeamish and hate everything related to prodding etc, so I fully understand. people on here have been v reasurring to me!
Good luck,

xx

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you girls for all your replies - feel a little less nervous about IUI now.  Hoping that by some small miracle, Clomid alone works for me this month and that I won't have to go down the IUI route (forever the hopeful)!

My belly is so huge at the moment, CD11, I'm presuming the Clomid is doing it's stuff and producing lots of good little eggs :)

Thanks again.

·
Premium Member
987 Posts
good luck and hoping it all works for you before IUI!

xx

·
Registered
57 Posts
bodia said:
I am being referreed for HSG as we speak and then maybe IUI if all is OK. I am terrified as I am very squeamish and hate everything related to prodding etc, so I fully understand. people on here have been v reasurring to me!
Good luck,

xx
To those ladies feeling squeamish, I just wanted to say that I used to be a nightmare - I used to ignore those letters inviting me to arrange my smear test because I was so freaked, and then once I finally went along I would lie there shaking, crying big fat tears throughout the process. Seriously. Anyway, sufficice to say that after an hsg and two rounds of iui, dropping my knickers and opening wide has become second nature! I can even chat away merrily with the consultant! I just no longer care and I never thought I'd be saying that. I even agreed to have a medical student peering up me at my last scan ;D.

Broody
x

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.