Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've already posted on this thread re level 1 bloods. I have a feeling I am going to need immune tx next cycle as we've had 3 failed Iui and 2 failed icsi. I already have auto immune issues ie asthma Eczema, sero negative arthritis.

Anyway I was looking through the a-z thread and was reading about intralipids and ivg infusions and noticed you can't have them if you are allergic to eggs peanuts or soya. I am allergic to raw egg ( can eat cakes etc just as long as cooked) But I am also allergic to nuts.

Have got myself in a panic because if I need this treatment to have a baby I won't be able to because of my allergies. Has anybody else been in a similar position

SarSim x

·
Premium Member
15,864 Posts
there are other treatments that do more or less the same job like ivig (which you can usually have if you are allergic to eggs, nuts and soya - your doc will advise you), and if you didn't want to go that far, you might find steroids (possibly with blood thinners or other drugs like humira) might be enough.  you may be able to tolerate intralipids as the egg ingredient is egg lecithin phospholipids (which I assume must be equivalent to cooked egg?) -  and I think the peanut risk has been removed from modern batches - but you would be best to double check - I think they now make sure its nut-free-safe - but your doc/pharmacist should be able to confirm.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Agate. You are always so prompt with your replies x

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.