Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sweet - had 3 eggs collected on Thursday, 2 of which were small.  Embryologist called Friday morning to say 2 had fertilised.  Had them transferred this morning - 2 lovely grade 1 embies.  Fingers crossed it works.

Bitter - one of my darling little cats (I have 2), my beautiful, cuddly, ginger bear, Ronnie, was killed by a car on Thursday night.  DH and I totally and utterly devastated.  He was still a baby (would've been 6 in January) and I'd had him since he was 12 weeks old.  He was my baby and I miss him sooooo much.

Trying to remain positive about my embies, but feel guilty about being happy and keep alternating between excitement about what might be (please God) and crying my eyes out about my poor, gorgeous Ronnie (sitting here crying now).

Life can be so cruel.

Sorry if this sounds so depressing, just need to get it off my chest.

·
Premium Member
4,804 Posts
Hello Jackie ,
I just wanted to send you some  ^hugme^ ^hugme^ as it sounds like you need them hun . I'm sorry to hear of the sad loss of Ronnie , its true that animals are very much part of our families , so feeling so upset is perfectly normal . Maybe you feel more upset as your going through tx too and not to mention all the drugs youve had to pump yourself up with !
Its great news about your embies though hunni 2 lovely grade 1's , well done , i hope they snuggle in nicely , please don't feel guilty about feeling excited , youve been on such a journey , try and rest up a little now  ^hugme^
Sending you loads of  ^reiki^ & ^sticky vibes^
Freespirit x x x

·
Registered
45 Posts
so sorry to hear abput your cat, i am an animal lover but have a dog an know i would be devastated if anything happened to her, its just typical that this whole process never goes smoothly, fingers crossed for you in a couple of weeks time that you will get the best news possible

·
Premium Member
570 Posts
Sending you  big  ^hugme^ I'm sorry about your cat you must be so sad.  I've got a do gwho is 5 and he is my baby.  ^reiki^ on your embies.

Take care

xx

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Jackie,
I am so sorry about your cat Ronnie :'(. I have a dog and 2 cats, and they are my babies. I was devastated when my precious cat got run over a couple of years ago and didn't look like he was going to survive, so my heart goes out to you  ^hugme^. Don't feel guilty about being excited over your embies, you have a right to be pleased and it will help to distract your grief over Ronnie. Think of it as having a loved one looking over your embies whilst they are snuggling inside you.

Best of luck on your 2ww.  ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Lx

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Hi Jackie

I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of Ronnie.  We lost our lovely ginger furbaby, Oscar, 2 weeks before the start of my tx. He was 6 years old & we've had him since he was 8 weeks. We were (& and still are) devastated so can understand how you're feeling right now.  ^hugme^

You have those lovely embies inside you & I really hope they bed down & make themselves comfortable for the next 8.5 months.

Life is very much based on losses & gains. But why can't we have the gains without having to suffer the losses first?

Take care of yourself

Ronnie

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.