Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought it would be amusing (and perhaps helpful) to record any advice that people thought totally bizarre in heir journey through infertility.

We have had the "stand on head" after sex advice which struck me as unnecessarily extreme when raising ankles may do.

we did check to see if it was me or DW that had to stand on their head ;)

Let us know what was weird, maybe even wonderful, and critically DID IT WORK ?  :)

·
Premium Member
797 Posts
Morky,

I think you like these weird threads as much as me!!!!!!

fiona

·
Premium Member
10,520 Posts
As one of our wonderful Clomid ladies said, apparently BMS in "woofy" style helps  ;)  :p

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Fiona

You know what they say. Weird minds think alike  ^idiot^

"woofy" sex took me while to work out (bit slow) Thought it was something to do with Roofs !!

·
Premium Member
14,698 Posts
flowerpot!!! i cant believe you told them that!! one of the clomid ladies!! ok i hold my hands up it was me ^roflmao^

·
Registered
517 Posts
Our experience isn't a sex one but something that our consuslatnt did everytime we went to see him, a little bit  ^idiot^ .

What he would do was go through how an egg was produced.  He would sit with his legs out straight and his arms out wide and say his body was a womb and his arms fallopian tubes - he would then procede to demonstrate how an egg travels along the fallopian tube by way of a mexican wave - which he of course would demonstrate!!  ;D

DH and I would just sit there thinking 'Is this for real'  - bless our consultant he is very good and has just retired.

Veronica
:)

·
Registered
174 Posts
My Mum once told me I should put books under the end of the bed to lift it up to a "better" angle!!!  Where do our mother's get this stuff from?!  ^idiot^

·
Premium Member
10,520 Posts
Sorry Suzie, couldn't resist!  ^roflmao^

Veronica - lol @ your consultant!  ;D  ;D  ;D  Whatever happened to a peice of paper and pen and a drawn diagram  ;D

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Don't hold your hands up if you are actually doing that at the time, Can lead to a nasty neck sprain  ;D

·
Registered
320 Posts
LOL VB @ your consultant.  I'm surprised you didnt leave the room.  I think I would have wet myself!

I have tried all the above things and have to say I now have a very good rendition of Spiderman but, alas, no baby for me yet.  A lot of laughs though  ;D

Bernice

·
Registered
93 Posts
:) Hi there a friend of mine suggests doin it on a furry rug dont no why though only she caught like this plus we only see each other in the pub say no more ;D ;D ;D
Laraboo

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
A friend of ours gave us a fertility symbol, for want of a better word - its a phallic shaped piece of pottery with feathers sticking out of the top of it, and black stripes on it!

·
Registered
824 Posts
My favourites- although not that bizarre, are these two classic gems:

"just relax - then it'll happen".... or "we just got really drunk one night, then it hapened"

That's easy for you to say - you're ovulating!!

I've heard that you have a better chance of conceiving with morning BMS than in the evening....

Cecilie  ;D

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Apparently you ALWAYS get pregnant as soon as you stop having ivf!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

^pig^ ^pig^ ^pig^ ^pig^ ^pig^ ^pig^ ^pig^ ^pig^ ^pig^ ^pig^ ^pig^ ^pig^ Did you see those piggies fly?!

·
Registered
824 Posts
^roflmao^ ^roflmao^ ^roflmao^ ^roflmao^

You also ALWAYS get pregnant as soon as you adopt!!  ;D ;D ;D

More flying pigs ^pig^ ^pig^

·
Registered
492 Posts
My sisters advice is - use a condom!! She has had rubber malfunction twice and both times its ended in a you know what! ^baby^  Some people have all the luck (or not depending on your point of view!)

Also - in case you're worrying about the issues raised in my little tale, i should say my sis lives in Canada, where it would appear there's either a bit of a problem or someone at the factory is having a bit of a laugh!  :eek:

You may want to bear that in mind next time your traveling!!

Cathy  :-*

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
There is a general trend here of pregnancy happening when it is least likely or indeed being actively discouraged.  Maybe we should stop trying altogether  :eek:

Will now say to people who ask NTTC for x months and see if that tricks the gods into making it happen :)

·
Registered
824 Posts
Morky - that is an actual piece of advice I've been given lots of times:

"Just stop TTC and then it'll happen"

Like that's possible!!!  ;D  ;D It's a bit like asking someone to stop breathing!!!

1 - 20 of 100 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.