Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Peter

Me again Im afraid.

We had our review appointment this week with our clinic. We have decided to go down the laparoscopy route before any more tx just incase there is any endo stopping me from getting pg. We are to have this in the next few weeks, cant wait for another GA! ;D

Anyway............................... we have been advised to go for a natural FET again using 2 of our balsts after our laparoscopy. What I was wondering is I have heard many times that medicated are better. My clinic say this is rubbish and natural are just as good. I was also told if I do medicated I would need to take oestrogen tablets and cyclogest for the first 12 weeks where as with natural I would need nothing at all. What do you think about this should I go for medicated or natural cycle?

Any comments would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks so much

Love Lou xxxx

·
Premium Member
4,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
bumpety bump ;D

·
Registered
856 Posts
Lou said:
Hi Peter

Me again Im afraid.

We had our review appointment this week with our clinic. We have decided to go down the laparoscopy route before any more tx just incase there is any endo stopping me from getting pg. We are to have this in the next few weeks, cant wait for another GA! ;D

Sounds like a good idea

Anyway............................... we have been advised to go for a natural FET again using 2 of our balsts after our laparoscopy. What I was wondering is I have heard many times that medicated are better. My clinic say this is rubbish and natural are just as good.

I agree

I was also told if I do medicated I would need to take oestrogen tablets and cyclogest for the first 12 weeks where as with natural I would need nothing at all. What do you think about this should I go for medicated or natural cycle?

Assuming you cycle regularily I would go for natural.

Good luck!

Peter
Any comments would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks so much

Love Lou xxxx

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Peter,
We're off on the coster again ! I'm having a natural FET with my ONE blastocyst. Plus simultateous IUI to give us the best possible chance.
Someone recently posted that blasts were less likely to defrost OK. I thought Blastocysts were naturally selected stronger embryos? Why would their chances of successful defrosting be less?
Fee

·
Registered
856 Posts
fee said:
Peter,
We're off on the coster again ! I'm having a natural FET with my ONE blastocyst.

That's OK

Plus simultateous IUI to give us the best possible chance.

This is a bit strange and I would avoid it

Someone recently posted that blasts were less likely to defrost OK.

Blasts sometimes do not thaw as well as other embryos but in experienced hands they are just as good as other embryos.

I thought Blastocysts were naturally selected stronger embryos?

yes but they are a more complex structure than eralier embryos and therefore have more potential freezing/thawing prtoblems

Why would their chances of successful defrosting be less?
See above

Good luck!

Peter
Fee

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
thanks Peter
(IUI thing is because we are using donor - so BMS combined with FET, which they normally recommend is not available to us)
Fee x

1 - 7 of 7 Posts