Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Girls,

I was at panic stations this morning, woke up and there was a brown stain about the circumference of an apple on the bed...  ^mercy^

I got a BFP confirmed from the clinic yesterday on day 13 after transfer, my hormones were all good and HCG was 97  :)

Saw the Doc this morning and he said not to panic and did another blood test, day 14 HCG is 148.  :)

The brown stuff has now stopped thank goodness, having bloods done again thursday. I am worried to go to sleep again now incase it starts again ! Does anyone have experience of this ? i am petrified i am going to lose my baby/babies although the doc reassures me everthing is ok as the hormone levels are very good....

Help ! i know my lovely FF´s will be able to offer me some advise...  ^pray^

Bell xxx

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
Bell  ^hugme^

I couldn't bear to just read and run, because I saw on the 2ww thread you had a BFP.  Oh honey, the worrying never stops does it ... all that worry about tx, then a joyous BFP, then new things to worry about. 

Like your GP said though, the HCG is rising well and I've always been told that brown blood is ok, because it's old blood just coming away - I wonder if it could possibly have been from implantation?

I'm sorry I don't really know much about it but hopefully a lovely FF will be along soon who has actually been through it and can offer more advice/support.  Perhaps when peer support is up and running someone on there can help more.

In the meantime I'd try to rest up hun, and take lots of care of yourself.
XXXX

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i am still freaking out !!

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
Oh hun ^hugme^

Looks like peer support is still down as well, so you can't even post there.  I really hope someone comes along soon who can offer some more help and advice.

See you're off-line now - hope by the time you're back on you'll have some more help.

I'm still bleeding - day 6 - and it started last night.  ^pray^ like crazy it's implantation bleeding but I'm really not sure. 
XXXXX

·
Registered
174 Posts
Bell,
as a nurse one thing I can say with certainty is a little bit of blood goes a looooong way, so although it may have looked like a lot it probably wasn't that much. Having said that I can understand that any blood is too much when you've just had a BFP. Try & take some reassurance from the fact that your HCG is rising & that the doc feels that they are good.  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ Take care of yourself.

Suze xx

·
Registered
92 Posts
Hi Bell,
  I am so sorry you are having to have this worry, ^hugme^,
It makes it even worse when you have to go through so much to get pregnant in the first place.
Can i tell you of my experience of bleeding. I have a DD who i bled from the moment my period was due until i was 13 weeks pregnant! i had brown bleeding and also full blown bleeding with clots. It was awful.
The biggest thing i was always told is try not to stress, easier said than done i hear you say!. PLEASE take faith in what they have said, if your HCG is going up ok then you must take some comfort in that. If the bleeding ment it was the end for your pregnancy then they wouldn't of gone up correctly would they?
Stress will be worse for the pregnancy than the bleeding it'self. Sorry if i sound bossy, but please try and relax. I have also bled with my ectopics and it has had nothing to do with the fact it was ectopic as i bled from the start when i was due on, i was told i possibly could be one of those ladies who will always bleed in pregnancy. There are loads that do, after my experience i have spoke to loads, some even think its their period as normal and don't realise they are pregnant, infact i wore a tampon for a week it wasn't until i went to the doctor to say my period had not stopped he told me i was pregnant, quite a shock i can tell you, never heard of anybody bleeding like that before. A scan soon revealed all was well and my hormones did what they should,with regular scans i got more confident that my pregnancy was going to be OK :)
Hope you are OK you poor thing! deep breaths and try really hard to chill. ^hugme^
keep us posted,
Suzanne xxx

·
Premium Member
17,093 Posts
Hi hun

Firstly ^hugme^

Secondly, lots of ladies do get some spotting/bleeding in early pregnancy and still have healthy pregnancies...and as your HCG levels are rising steadily (they like them to be approx double every 48 hrs which yours are) then that's good.  I can understand how worried and anxious you are but you have to trust your consultants experience and knowledge :)

My friend had full flow red bleeding for 6mths and no pregnancy symptoms....to the point she had no idea she was pregnant for many months (thought she'd put on a bit of weight but was still wearing the same jeans all way through, even on day she went into labour !!)....her son is 13 this year !

Take care
Natasha xx

1 - 7 of 7 Posts