Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi girls,

I had egg collection on Friday and this morning I have a fair amount of bloody discharge.  Has anyone else had this and is it normal? Any advice would be hugely, hugely appreciated - really, really worried. Surely this can't be right? Please help!

Wishing everyone else lots of luck xxxx

:'(

·
Registered
674 Posts
Hi Wynnie,

I had quite a bit of bleeding after my 2nd EC. It took a couple of days to settle down but everything went ahead with ET.

I think there are quite a few women who bleed after EC cos they can nick blood vessels and all kinds of things. We were reassured that there was nothing to worry about.

Obviously if you start bleeding heavily I would contact your clinic for advice but discharge should be ok.

Good luck with your tx and  ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^ for your BFP.

Joy xx

·
Premium Member
3,551 Posts
Hi Wynnie,

bleeding after ec isn't uncommon. If you think about it, they've been poking around up there with a needle so things are bound to have been a little disturbed. If you're worried about the amount of bleeding then give your clinic a call as they'll be able to advise best.

take care and good luck!  ^reiki^

Cath x

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ladies - you are amazing.  I could CRY you have been so reassuring.  I have emailed my doctor anyway just incase.... thanks soooo much.

Sorry for TMI!!!

thanks so, so, so, so much for taking time out to reply.

Hugely appreciated.  Love and luck to you both xxxxx

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
hey pet

I bled too so dont panic..remember they did use a needle to go thru ur vaginal wall so the bleedin will be comin from there and not ur womb so dont panic :)

good luck

Jenna xx ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you! I've had an email back from the doctor saying the same thing, the discharge (TMI SORRY) is from high hormone levels (I have mild OHSS) and it will be bringing the blood down on the way. SO disgusting, eugh, but at least I've had reassurance.

Thanks so much girls and good luck to all of you xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

1 - 6 of 6 Posts