Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi ladies..

I was wondering whether anyone has had the experience of bleeding during stims before?

My AF came late during DR and wasn't over by the time I started stims. I rang the clinic before starting stims and they said that if it seems to be nearly over then don't worry about it. The bleeding (brown and light) continued on for a couple of days, then appeared to stop. It then re-appeared again yesterday and again today. It very light, noticeable only when I wipe, or else if I squeeze (sorry, TMI). Tonight will be the 5night of stims (375ui menopur and 150ui gonal-f).

My clinic is closed over easter so I can't ring them to ask until tuesday (my scan is on wednesday).

I'm petrified now that this cycle will be cancelled.  :'( I'm a poor responder, so I'm so worried now that I'll have a paper thin lining and no eggs.

·
Registered
6,501 Posts
Hi
I would ring your clinic on Tuesday if you have any concerns, they'll probably scan you as usual on wednesday and may alter your medication accordingly....
Fingers crossed that everything is good to go for you.
Best wishes
Sheila

·
Registered
145 Posts
Hi Blue,

I had the same concerns and am also a poor responder. My bleeding lasted for about 3 days and was the same as you only when i wiped. I was petrified too. As Shelia says phone your clinic when it opens, when I spoke to my clinic they just said well we will have a look at your scan but don't worry. Well guess what no one even mentionned it at the scan!! :eek: But I would really like to put your mind at rest went for my scan no one batted an eye lid, lining was fine.

Someone else just told me that sometimes it happens when your body finally gives over to the drugs. It was fine for me  and my EC is tomorrow, I have seen it has happened to a few other ladies on here and it has been ok.
All the best

^pray^ ^hugme^
x

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you Amy.. it really is reassuring to read that it happened to someone else and it didn't spell the end of the cycle!  :)
^hugme^

·
Registered
145 Posts
Hi Blue,

How did your scan go? Did it all settle down?
x

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Amy!

Yep, panic over! The clinic seemed think it was all normal and it's stopped now as well. The scan was ok, still a poor response with only 2 eggs on the left hand side (exactly the same as my previous two attempts), but actually slightly better than before as the eggs are bigger and the lining thicker than at this stage previously. I'll continue stimming till monday and scan again then. So hopefully EC next wednesday!

How are you going with your 2ww? Sending you lots of  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ and  ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^!
^hugme^

·
Registered
145 Posts
Hey Blue,

I am so relieved for you! I only seem to have one ovary working as well. I now firmly believe in the mantra I only need 1, I only need 1! ;D I am sticking with that and believe it. I hope the same for you x

My 2WW, day 1 today or 2 possibly if transer was yesterday, it's already quite challenging! I am not very good at sitting still at the best of times. I ordered some DVD's but they got lost in transit so I am mostly hanging out on FF, reading and watching cooking channels! I am actually looking foward to the Royal Wedding as it will add some structure to the day  ;)

What board are you posting on mostly?

Take care
Amy
x

·
Registered
6,501 Posts
Amy you really do only need one, I know its a cliche, but it really is sooo true!
My right ovary was too high to get at during EC so I was reliant upon my left ovary - I was really upset when I only had 4 eggs retrieved, and was positively ready to throw myself off the nearest bridge when I got the confirmation that only 1 of them had fertilised.
I know everyone was meaning well, being supportive and trying to keep my positivity going by saying you only need one - but our 'lazy' 2-celled embie (Tictac) is now a boisterous, wonderful, loving 14 month old toddler.

Wishing everyone all the very very best
Sheila 

·
Registered
145 Posts
Sheila,

I am so happy for you that is so amazing. i love stories like yours, I genuinely feel so happy and positive at this time!

Thank you
Amy
x

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Absolutely, the 'you only need one' mantra and lovely stories like yours Sheila, are wonderful to hear for a serial poor responder like myself. I love Tictac by the way!  ;D

Amy - I'm on the spring sensations thread as well although I haven't been posting so much this time round. I hope your DVDs arrive soon! Are you taking the whole 2 weeks off?

I'm a student but I don't having much on during my planned 2ww. Last time I nearly drove myself mad not doing much at all, but it was the middle of winter and -15 degrees most days (I live in Sweden). This time round with spring being in full bloom, I'm hoping to get out more and take some nice walks  :)

I'm kinda looking forward to the royal wedding as well!

Take care! x

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
just wanted to add to sheila's story, we had ICSI and we only got 3 mature eggs and only one fertilised, we thought it was game over and prepared ourselves for yet another negative pee test but actually it was positive and i'm now 7 months pregnant  :eek:  !! It is a cliche but it is so true, you do only need one.

fingers crossed for you ladies  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

kandy xx

·
Registered
145 Posts
Congratulations Kandy, love it!! Your story is the same as mine to date..just need the BFP. ^pray^ ^pray^

Hope you have been enjoying your pregnancy, bet you can't wait to meet baby
xx

·
Registered
6,501 Posts
Kandy fab news, warmest congratulations hun - wishing you girls going through tx at the mo all the very very best.
Baby dust and sticky vibes all round x
Sheila

1 - 13 of 13 Posts