Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ruth,
I've had several bouts of bleeding during my pregnancy so far.  The others were roughly once a week and light but a bit more than spotting. Varied in colour.
My last scan was Tuesday and everything was fine - heartbeat and rihgt size for 8w5d
But today I had worse bleeding. Red and moderately heavy - no clots - but it only lasted a couple of hours and tailed off to spotting.  went to casualty as my GP had said to if it was as heavy as a period.  After 5 hours all they could say was my cervix was shut and they can't scan me till Monday. They checked bloods and urrine etc and the latter was ok - not sure they had the blood results.
Anyway, what I'd really like your opinion on is why might this bleeding keep happening? 
And does the fact the bleeding stopped indicate that it was another false alarm or could there be a problem?
I know I should just live with it and wait till Monday but I would value your opinion
Elvie

·
Premium Member
845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
thanks trudy- i just wish I'd had a decent doc like yours who could've reasssured me properly and done a scan.
If you don't mind me asking, what was your bleeding like - red v brown, clots?
You haven't had any more have you?
It's so infuriating, as I was just beginning to be more optimistic after the last scan.
Also. so if the cervix is closed does that mean it's definitely ok?
Thanks so much for your reply!
Elvie
x

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hi Elvie- I am not a nurse either but had continuous bleeding from week 5 to 10- on about 4 occasions it was REALLY heavy with bright red blood soaking through several maxi pads, ,  within minutes (sorry if tmi) and the first with large clots too but on each occasion scan showed bleed away from baby and baby growing fine.  The bleeding has finally stopped but at no time has anyone ever given me an exlpantion as to why I was bleeding.  I honestly think they just dont know.  I have looked all sorts up on the internet to no avail- I was even considering writing in to a pregnancy mag to highlight the pro0blem- anything you read seems to suggest that heavy bleeding is bad, but no where does it explain any cause other than miscarriage.

I hope you get some answers soon and your pregnancy progresses without too many more problems.

Take care and try not to worry- a closed cervix certainly seems to be a good sign ( it was for me anyway).

Puss
xx

·
Premium Member
845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Bagpuss and Trudy for your replies.

It happened again this morning but not so heavily, well not so far.
There's definitely a pattern to 4 out of 5 of the bleeds I'[ve had - they were when I woke up in the morning and had been moving about and then tailed off by lunchtime.
Have decided that if the little one is still ok in there to go and see a private obstetrician. I know they may well stlll have no answers but I want to at least try and find out.

Bagpuss - your bleeding in particular sounds like it must have been upsetting with the clots. Has your bleeding stopped now? I hope so and that you can relax more in the 2nd trimester as your constant bleeding sounds like a nightmare. 

Thanks to you both
Elvie

·
Premium Member
845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hi
Thanks -really useful since your medics seem to know more than mine did!

I just wish I could see my cervix and check it was closed still!!

I'm still bleeding today - a bit clotted but it doesn't seem like tissue and darker red.
we;ll just have to see
Elvie

1 - 5 of 5 Posts