Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Im 6 wks pregnant with twins and everything has been going well so far...until at 4am two nights ago when I noticed a small amount of bright red bleeding. It wasnt very much and stopped quickly.  I went to the clinic in the morning and they did a Transvaginal scan, she said everything looked fine, two heartbeats still there but she didnt know why it had happened.  Later on in the evening I had brown discharge.

Im so scared, do you think someone could advise me what it could have been and if it will happen again.

very worried

Mariposa
xxx

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hey Mariposa,  ^rainbow^

I am at the Woking Nuffield as well!!  :)

I can't really help, but just wanted to let you know that I am thinking of you!!  ^reiki^

I have also had a brown discharge for about a week, and now I am having a light red spotting that I have had now for 2 1/2 days. I rang the hospital and they said that I shouldn't worry too much at the moment. I am due to have a scan in a week and a half! I think that it is quite normal to get this but I don't know what causes it. It seems very promising that all is well with the scan and that the bleeding has now stopped!

Hope someone else can offer you some advice!

Good luck with it all!!!

Diana xxxx

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
Hello,

i just wanted to say please keep an eye on your bleeding/discharge very carefully and any pain or cramps you have. I have just had a m/c at 5 weeks and an ectopic at 6 weeks (twins) and had brown coloured bleeding. Obviously, yours is in the correct place as they have seen the heartbeats - unless it's triplets!!  Have you been on IVF or similar ?
I really hope everything goes well and it is just spotting (im not a nurse either!) but wanted just to say keep a close eye on it all and dont get fobbed off. Have they been checking your HCG levels ???
They thought i had a m/c and that was it, then my BT HCG levels started going back up again and then suspected ectopic!!

Fingers crossed it is all ok though.  TC..   Jo xx

PS. I did my HPT the same day as you, mine would have been due on 7/11/05. similar.  Just seen you are on IVF, so please make sure they check you as heterotropic pg is more common after IVF and at about 6 week ok.

HUGS.  Jo xx

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.