Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello.
I am now 7 weeks preg and have been bleeding red since my bfp 3 weeks ago. I had an early scan (EPU) because of this at 6w2d and seen 1 babe with hb. The scanner did say that it was measuring just under 6 weeks and to go back in a week for another scan to check the growth. They have warned me that it could be a threatened misscarriage. Other than the bleed all my other symptoms are strong, really sore boobs, awful MS etc.

I am so upset and very depressed. I cant take this constant worry.

The bleed is when i wipe. I have LOADS of CM and it is always, everytime i go to the toilet, tinged with bright red blood.
I need some answers about this bleed. Where could it be coming from? I assume my cervix should be closed so it cant/wont come from there. Where else would it come from? I havent had a first midwife appointment yet so dont know who to ask my questions too.
Back for my second scan on Wed 11th and so scared  :'(

I also need some ideas of what questions to ask about this for when i go back wednesday.

·
Premium Member
6,142 Posts
Hi,

I'm sorry you are having all this, you must be so worried.  Some women do have bleeds throughout pregnancy, without any explanation ever being found.  However, it is good that they are montoring you closely.  I'm not sure where the bleeding could be coming from, although sometimes around the sac, there can be a little pocket of blood, and it could be that this is what is causing the bleed.

Let me know how you get on on Wednesday, will be thinking of you,

emilycaitlin xx

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Emilycaitlin.

I had my second scan today. Still bleeding but bubs has grow and showing the correct dates, and heart is beating away like mad.
On the scan the sonographer (sp?) said she could see blood in the cavity around bubs. She said that normally it is absorbed but not in my case its coming away, and there is still quite a bit to go.

1. Can this blood cause a m/c or harm baby?
2. Where does this much blood come from, and how is it caused?

My doc was really rushed so didnt feel i had time to ask questions. They just gave me an appointment card and said come back in two weeks  :-\

Thanks for your time x

·
Premium Member
6,142 Posts
Hi,

The bleeding shouldn't itself cause a miscarriage, so try not to worry.  The blood forms as the sac is attatching to the wall of your uterus, and can pool around the sac,

Glad everything is ok,

emilycaitlin xx

1 - 4 of 4 Posts