Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i had my ec yesterday. Since then i have felt bloated, like a need to pooh. It feels uncomfy when i try to pooh (sorry tmi :-[), and like there is a bowling ball pressing all the time. I got 14 eggs/18 follies. Should i be worried do you think about OHSS?? Been drinking plenty of water this morning and ET is tomorrow hopefully!! When will this bloatiness go lol??? :'(

·
Premium Member
3,597 Posts
Hi Clare

I always feel bloated after ec. I suppose its all the fiddling about they've done in there! There is bound to be some swelling especially if you had quite a few follies. I am sure you'll feel much better by tomorrow but if you are worried int he meantime I would give your clinic a call to put your mind at rest.

The cyclogest pessaries can also make you feel quite bloated, are you using them?

Good luck with your transfer and the 2ww  ;)

Love, Rachel xx

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Rachel, not started the pessaries yet ,start tomorrow, hopefully et will be tomorrow just waiting for the embryologist to ring!! My tummy is just uncomfy,no pain really just huge lol, well bigger than normal but its making me feel like i need to go to the toilet all the time too. Oh well a cross i will have to bear i gues xx If it gets worse i will ring the clinic xx

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
I had severe OHSS and so can tell only you what I felt.  I felt very bloated, so much so that I put myself on bedrest and had to lay down flat, even propping myself up on pillows was uncomfortable.  I was trying to drink the 2 litres of water plus 1 litre of milk thing, but physically could not stomache it.  I lost my appitite and felt very sick and was eventually sick.  I also felt very gassey, but like you, couldn't pass a bowel movement.  When I was admitted to hospital, they got me to try to pee as I hadn't been for several hours.  I managed to squeeze a tiny bit out, but nothing in relation to how much there should have been.  I then had to have a catheter in to measure it.  My tummy expanded by 23cm in just 2 days, so yes, I was VERY bloated!  My 2 day transfer had to be abandoned and now I have 3 snowbabies waiting for me out of 34 follies and 25 eggs.

I hope for your sake that you don't have OHSS.  Your ovaries will be very large (mine were 12cm each) and you have had lots of invasion inside, so uncomfortableness should be expected.  If you think it's more than that - the non peeing is a very good sign to look out for, then get yourself checked out.  I called the clinic, and they said it all sounded normal, but I knew I didn't feel right, so I got myself to the hospital, only to have a drip put in straight away and then to be moved to the ICU the following day as my blood chemistry was just deteriorating.  So, my advice would be if in doubt, always get checked out!

Best of luck!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Clare

I also felt bloated after egg collection and the same symtoms.  I really felt uncomfortable.  I did not get these symtoms with my first attempt but did this time and when I went for et I told the embrologist and he felt my tummy and he said everything was fine and carried on the the et.

I still felt bloated after et and still am and im now 17 weeks pregnant.

Try not to worry, i know its easier said than done, I just kept drinking bottled water.

Good luck

Vix

·
Registered
223 Posts
clare

hi the bloat is normal...apparantly your ovaires would normally be the size of an almond and because they been stimultated and got lots follies out they get bigger mine even on scan at 12 weeks were still 4 cm each in size....so the swollen belly discomfort and tenderness is natural ...they had a great big needle in there getting them out..just keep your eye on it...but i was very sore could not get up  take it easy lots water and pref bed rest when you had transfer for first three days......sending you good luck ...i was lucky first time ivf ics and now 16 weeks...still fingers crossed everyday though..
love bailey pippin xx

·
Premium Member
1,980 Posts
Clare

I was bloated and sore for about 5 days after EC. I didn't have OHSS luckily. I remember worrying that I wouldn't feel well enough to travel back up to London for ET as I was still so sore from EC.  I think it just takes the body a while to recover from being prodded around so much - I had 16 eggs.

Hope you feel better soon

Nicky x

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.