Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I just wondered if there was anyone else who has had the bloated feeling after egg collection?

I was really sick after my egg collection and have not felt well since. The reason the clinic gave was the amount of eggs, 29 in total :eek: which we are over the moon with ^clapping^.

We are waiting for the call to go back, but I still don't feel well, bloated tired and aching all over. I am trying to drink the 4 litres of water a day that the clinic have said will get rid of the feeling, but I'm just a bit worried that my body isn't ready  :-[

·
Registered
26 Posts
congo on the 29 eggs..... :)

I fell sick after egg collection and now @ 5.5 weeks am still sick... thats more than 3 weeks... though i must say that in the past few days it has reduced a bit... i had mild OHSS - breathlessness, pain in ovaries, extremely bloated, back pain, acid reflux everything - i sincerely look like i am 5 months pregnant and had to shop for new clothes as i couldnt fit into any of my old dresses.

The doctors say that after ET if the symptoms persist its a good sign so dont worry  ;)... btw dont forget to top up on your liquids as it is very important for general well being of all organs at this stage  :) not just the ovaries...

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh dear 5.5 weeks, sorry to hear that you have been through the mill ^hugme^ but hearing that my symptoms are not unusual has put my mind at rest. As i hadn't had any one reply I thought it was just me :(. I hope you feel better soon ^reiki^ ^reiki^

·
Registered
586 Posts
JueB - I felt awful after both EC and I only had 7 eggs each time. I ended up in bed with a stomach that was looking like I was 6 months pg and I ached to the point I couldn't do anything. When I went for ET I felt so awful i remember sitting on a chair in the room downstairs and Mr T saying to me come on you have good embies lets do this. I really felt like I could have just gone home. The nurse told me that he would have looked at me inside when he did transfer and if anything was wrong he would not have continued. I felt reassured but I still felt awful.  Congrats on the bumper crop and good luck for ET.
Sandra

·
Premium Member
3,897 Posts
Good luck for the test day.
I also felt similar after getting 28 eggs, it did go down after my BFP (and then quickly grew again!), I was on 6L of water though!
xxx

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm struggling with the 4 litres at the moment - don't think there is enough hours in the day to drink that much!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi Girls

Just read your messages. I was ill straight after trigger injection last Saturday and felt dreadful when I had EC on Monday. I'm sure it's affected my womb lining. It went from being really good last week to poor  on Monday(doc thought I might bleed before I should but nothing so far). Anyway ET has been postponed and my six embies have been put in the freezer  :(

I have now spent the whole week feeling terrible, not too bloated just really tired with horrible feeling in stomach. I just wondered if anyone could identify with this or has had a similar experience. I feel really isolated at the moment as I was all geared up for ET and feel a bit abandoned by the clinic who have told me to call when I start bleeding.

Anyway I wish you all loads of luck with all your baby making endeavours !

VeeBee :)

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Veebee

Sorry to hear you are feeling under the weather and things are on hold for the moment. I felt the exact some why but Dr T did a scan just before putting the embryos back and assured me everythings was OK. But he has put me on 100mg of Progesterone and injection in the  ^shake^ (not nice) and 40mg of heparin.

I just sat around for 3 days drinking about 3 - 4 litres a day(I know its the last thing you want to do when you feel blown-up like a balloon, but it did seem to work). Started sleeping upright after being sick in the night which has really helped me get a better nights sleep!

I hope things get better for you ^reiki^ ^hugme^

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi JueB,
Thanks for the message. I am trying to drink more now I feel a bit better. I hadn't expected to feel ill for a whole week (almost) not sure whether I just came down with a bug or I just had a reaction to the trigger injection and/or EC. Anyway trying to focus on getting some of those embies transferred in next few weeks now !

Hope you are coping with your 2ww. It must be difficult. I will keep everything crossed for you. Good luck ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^pray^ ^pray^
VeeBee

1 - 9 of 9 Posts