Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ladies,

apart from rubbing baby vicks when babies have a congested nose-what else can i use?

your comments are appreciated?

:-*

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
I think you can use olbas oil on something near to the cot or bed....if it was really bad before bed I used to put the shower on close the door for 10 mins and then take dd in for 5mins or so the steam really helped.  Also there are menthol crystals that you can put in room on a burner.

hope it helps

Rxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

·
Premium Member
2,886 Posts
Karvol is good for babies. You snip the top off a capsule and squeeze the capsule on a handkerchief or tissue and place in a secured place near the cot (I put it under my pillow as baby is in a bedside cot). It seems to have been working well for us as she was very snuffly.

Rosie. xxx

·
Registered
6,814 Posts
Hi,

A plug in vapouriser - I use the Karvol one and it's fab. Some other companies now do them too - Sudafed I think.

If you don't mind giving medicine then Medised is brill - I'm having some problems with my baby at the mo and it really is helping (although i've a funny feeling chemists won't currently sell for babies under 2 as it's being repackaged?!? Although it is perfectly safe from 3m if correct dosage used)

Also raising the head end of babies mattress can help them breath more easily too  ;)

S xxx

·
Registered
963 Posts
How about saline nose drops , I got them prescribed for Holly  but you can get them on boots free list just show your exemption card

awwh poor thing!

Hugs

love Ju x x 

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
You can get saline drops over the counter - no prescription needed.  Having had to administer them to Thomas recently I'd suggest trying to do it while baby has a dummy in his/her mouth ... otherwise they thrash around something chronic trying to avoid you getting them in.

Raising the head-end of the mattress certainly helps too. 

Just be aware that Karvol and Olbas are different versions of the same thing, so use one or the other, not both!

Katy x

·
Premium Member
14,889 Posts
Also  olbas comes in a baby version, don't use the adult one  ;)

Claire x

·
Premium Member
4,804 Posts
ju said:
How about saline nose drops , I got them prescribed for Holly but you can get them on boots free list just show your exemption card
What is the boots free list ?

·
Registered
416 Posts
A few drops of breast milk act as an antiinflamatory..... works on my LO!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts