Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi ladies

My gynae consultant told me and DH to have numerous test and come back for the results and a plan B on 10th July 08...
*DH had to give a SA
*I had to have a HSG scan and ov blood test..

I've seen pictures in a few fertility books of hsg with a good tube and a damaged tube!! During the procedure it looked black the whole time :'( which seems as through i have some sort of damage or blockage as the dye was coming through...

But i was wondering - what happens with a blocked or damaged tube?? Can it been unblocked?
10th July seems ages away (going to see if we can get an earlier appointment or if they have any cancellations!!)... wondering what everyones Dr's / Consultant did next??

^fairydust^

·
Registered
6,258 Posts
hi hun, 1stly try not to jump the gun, did the doc doing the HSG say anything about a blockage ? did the dye run through tubes ? seeing black does not mean you have a problem, some ladies have the HSG + this flushes any debre from the tubes then clearing them

you wont know whats going on till your appointment unfortunately, i know the waiting is a killer but you could be worrying about something that isnt there

IF it is tubal damage there are different scenarios, it could be scar tissue (adhesions) it could be hydrosalpinx (fluid in the tube/s) + there are different levels of damage this plays a part on weather or not tubal surgery would be an option

i wont go into to much more detail now, if you have any ??'s ask away hunny but there sint really much i can tell you without knowing your diagnosis, you may be all ok ^pray^

takecare + i hope the time goes by quickly so you can get to your review :)

xxx

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks!!

I think i went into panic mode  ::) I'll going to relax and just wait for the appointment - hopefully we get a BFP before the appt through  ^pray^

Thanks x

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm in a similar boat to you. I found out one of mine is a bit blocked & my appointments July 14th. I hope the weeks just fly by. Stay strong xxx

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Had it confirmed yesterday  :(

On to IVF now, should be starting treatment in the New Year

^pray^ it works 1st time... my energy/emotions are running low, to face more bad news

Good luck Joolzie xx

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
To be honest Cleg, he was really vauge.

...It was as though he was scared to tell me, and didn't really want to go into it much - just said it was severely damaged, likely due to the EP i had. But after the EP op (on left tube), they said both tubes were healthy, so im confused!

I started crying when we found out, and he said the best option is to go ahead with IVF although we have the option to see if the right tube is completely blocked via lap & dye.

I've been pregnant before, so i guess there is a very small chance of me getting pregnant naturally, but his recommendation was to go through with IVF for a more 'help'.

I opted out of having the lap & dye, felt it was just ANOTHER procedure, ANOTHER lot of bad news, and just wanted to get the ball rolling with getting pregnant!

I'll have 2 cycles of IVF, if that doesn't work, i'll go for the lap & dye to see if they can unblock it - i think thats the plan..

i'll have to check the chit chat thread  - thanks for all your help Cleg  ^hugme^

·
Registered
6,258 Posts
hi Boo, i really think you need to wait for appointment + get all the details of what exactly is wrong with your tubes then take it from there, like i said hydrosalpinx is the thing that will be most detremental to TX if you have them, adhesions can be left + many ladies go onto have successful TX, you have to weigh up all options but 1st get info from your con, they will guide you in the right direction + tell him that you want all the details  ;)

as for tubes patency changing this can happen, i had my 1st lap + only one tube was damaged then had another several yrs later + both were damaged  :-\  laps do give a better piccy of whats going on  ;)

^hugme^

xxx

1 - 8 of 8 Posts