Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi have just had a failed ivf. i,ve got blocked tubes & am thinking that it might up my chances of the next ivf if i have them tied?would i get this free?

·
Registered
299 Posts
i dont know for sure what the standard is - but i know in my area if you want steralization or vesectomy its on the NHS - abit like the cheapest thing at the vets is having your pet done!!!  strange that NHS will pay to keep population down but wont pay for IVF.
I dont know if having blocked tubes tied makes sense thou as in effect they are already tied.
Noodles

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for your reply ,i did read somewhere that having this done may up the chances like a person with no tube problems? i will ask at my next appointment ........
hopefully they will either tie tubes or remove them?
i,m 34 now and know my tubes are to bad so i,ve got nothing to loose

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
Josieanner

Sorry that you got a BFN  :(

I was advised by clinic that I should think about having tube removed or clipped and DH and I decided that this was too drastic before our 1st try at ivf. 

Is this you're first tx?  If so, and of course only if you have the strength as tx is very stressful, you may want to try again.  We were lucky enough to get a BFP on our first go and please god we hear our bubs' heartbeat on Wedsnesday, but as you say you are only 34 - if you can try and have one more go before taking the drastic step of having your tubes removed or tied off.

Good luck with your future tx  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

sorry I forgot to add that my clinic offered me the op on NHS.

Nic G xxxxxxxxxxxxxx 

1 - 4 of 4 Posts