Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I am panicking a bit now...

When I had my scan I could see a perfect pregnacy sack with baby and heartbeat, but outside of that is a tiny bit of blood.

Has anyone else had this?

she did say I might spot and it would be a threatened misscarraige or it might just be re-absorbed.

Please give me some positive stories

XXX

·
Registered
309 Posts
Hi Caz

I had a heavy bleed at 7+2 (lots of red blood and some clots, like the first day of AF) and had an emergency scan which revealed the heartbeat again.  At my next couple of scans, the blood could still be seen on the screen and my doctor said he couldn't pinpoint where it was coming from.  He said the same as your doctor - that I would either bleed further (but while he never specifically mentioned the m/c word,  he didn't go so far as to guarantee it would definitely not cause a problem bearing in mind I was in the early stages of pregnancy) or that the blood would be reabsorbed.  At my 12 week scan the blood was nowhere to be seen.  That doesn't stop me checking EVERY time I go to the loo now.  I am not surprised that you are so concerned but, even if you do bleed a bit, rest assured that you've seen your baby's heartbeat and things are looking really good.

Take care
Tottie x

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Hi Caz Nox,

The same happened to me and I "ran" or drove rather fast to the gp where they scan me as I was spotting but they told me it was implantation bleeding and as you know everything's fine now and the patch they could see on the scan is long gone, so try not to worry (I know easier said than done!!) and let us know how you are, hope this helps hunnie.

Sam xx

·
Registered
6,814 Posts
Hi Caz,

I'm so sorry you are having this worry  ^hugme^

I had a scan at about 6+3 I think it was and the pg sac was surrounded on 3 sides by blood (more blood than the size of the sac if I remember rightly). I too was told the same as you but I didn't even spot. The result of the pg is the little chap sat on my lap as I type this  :)

It was a very scary time but I just took it as easy as I could.

Good luck, hope all continues to be well  :)

S xxx

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
i had this at 11wks2days.i started spotting that led onto bleeding and passing a big clot.i had an area at the top of the womb where there was a area of bleeding.i was told i would keep on bleeding untill it came out.i stopped bleeding at 18wks+3.as you are so early on it will be implant bleeding and prob will be absorbed or just come out in time.

so happy you got your bfp :) ^afro^

hayley

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you, thank you, thank you all.

Its still sinking in that I actaully have a BFP still.

You have put my mind at rest girls.

Belly and baby rubs to all

XX

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Just another positive story...

On my first, second and third (!) scan I had an area of blood too - the doctor referred to it as a haematoma (spelling?!) and said that I may have a bleed or it may just reabsorb.  I recently had my 12 week scan and although I have had no spotting at all it was nowhere to be seen and the pregnancy seems to be progressing as it should  :)

Congratulations and enjoy!!!

Helly
xxx

·
Registered
846 Posts
Hi Caz

My best friend is now 39 weeks and had this for quite a while through the pregnancy, it was absorbed by the time she had ner scan at 25weeks. So chill out, and just enjoy your pregnancy - u so deserve it Mrs.

Sinead

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you again, it was tiny, much smaller than the baby.

caz
xxx

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Caz  ^hugme^

At my 7 week scan it showed what looked like 5 sacs!  :eek:  2 had my babies in and 3 areas of blood, scared me silly as they were bigger than the pregnancy sacs. I had 3 lots of bleeding between 6-8 wks and was sure I'd lost one or both but when I had the 9 week scan they were starting to heal and the babies were fine. By the 12wk scan they had completely disappeared  :)  Mine were quite big and my bubbas are fine so I'm sure your small bleed won't affect your bubba hun, take care  :-*

Maria x

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
ooh Maria, Im glad you posted, when I read Carries message I thought of you and your early scans.

Look at your bump now!!!!!

oops sorry to butt in  :-[

Nic xxx

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Nic - you can but in whenever! I am still waiting to see your bump xxxxx

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Yes Nic we want to see your bump!  ;D

x

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
okey next time I log on and am on the laptop I will change my profile pic just for you two  :-*

·
Registered
981 Posts
Hi

^hugme^ I know how hard it is as I had it but mine was HUGE and they said that because it was so big it would probably come out as too much to absorb

I bled a huge amount for a few days and then had one off pools of blood nearly everyday until I was 13 wks :eek:, it was horendous and truly screwed with my mine BUT they are now nearly nine mth old twins, and your blood is VERY tiny so I doubt you would even bleed

Mine threatened my pg as it was a huge pool of blood ten times bigger than the sac and yours is tiny so hang in there

God Bless
sarah

1 - 15 of 15 Posts