Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my blood group is o rh negative and my dp is positive, i have read that it can cause lots of complications with the baby and my body will attack it as a forgeien antibody....starting to worry slighty now....

anyone know anything about this??

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
I think you just need anti D  injections as you get further along.  Sorry I dont know much on it but I'm sure someone with more experience will tell you more x

·
Registered
228 Posts
Firstly, try not to worry, its a condition that has been known about for many years.

Sometimes during birth the babies blood can cross the placenta into the mothers blood stream.  This is only a problem if the baby is Rh pos blood group and the mother is Rh neg.  She will then make antibodies to the Rh pos.

If you then become pregnant with another Rh pos baby this is when problems can occur.

When your baby is born they will test some of the cord blood and if the baby is Rh pos will give you an anti D injection, so any further pregnancies will be fine.

I know this because my daughter is Rh neg, both her babies are Rh pos and fine and healthy.

Enjoy your pregnancy and if still worried ask your Midwife to explain it to you.

Pinky  ^hugme^ ^hugme^

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Hi hun,

It's nothing to worry about  :)  I'm AB- and this is my 2nd live pregnancy (lost one in between  :'() and I've had to have one anti-D injection at week 28 (just had mine done on wednesday) next one at week 34 and if this baby (like its big sister) is rhesus positive I will need to have another one after giving birth.  I can hardly remember them as they don't hurt at all  ;)  You will also need one if you bleed during pregnancy and I was told on my last pregnancy that if I'd miscarried after 12 weeks (I m/c at 8 ) I would have needed to have another one as blood then passes from mother to placenta or something like that  ^idiot^

Hope this helps,

Sam xx

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the info and i will speak to my midwife when i next see her...

xx

·
Premium Member
13,830 Posts
Caroline they will do a blood test anyway in next couple of weeks and then like me you will have to have the anti D injections like the other girls have said.

Its nothing to worry about.

Kate xx

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Least i know what i'm letting myself in for!
Thanks!
x

·
Registered
11,791 Posts
Hi

I am also rhesus negative and we think DH is positive but they don't test them they will just treat the mother as being negative.

If you were to have a bleed during your pg then you have to have an Anti D injection if you don't bleed them they routinely give you those injections at 28 and I believe 34 weeks.

All the best and congrats  :)  :)

xxxx

·
Premium Member
29,892 Posts
Hiya Caroline

You will be routinely tested at your 12 wk appt hun

I am O negative, my DH is O Positive

I didnt have any tx for mine

We are all fine and dandy.

You will be contacted after the results are in from the hospital if any treatment is needed.

I was also tested later thru my pg i think at 16 wks and 28 weeks

Em

1 - 9 of 9 Posts