Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Can anyone help me please? I am now very nearly one day off 7 weeks and have had what you would consider to be all the "normal" signs of pregnancy.

However, last night I had some blood in my discharge (not bright pink but not dark brown either). None in my urine as if I had AF but just in the other. Have 'phoned nurse and she said this can happen to the d/c at about week 8 onwards and wasn't too concerned. But I'm only 7 weeks now so is it all starting too early?

Had my scan on Tues and there was definitely one little bubba with a good strong heartbeat.

But have had terrible anytime sickness and feeling sick so haven't been eating very much at all. Just wondered if I've done some damage to my poor little baby?

Thank you for all your wise words.

Love Dragon x

·
Registered
697 Posts
Hi Dragon,

I too experienced some brown/red stuff on wiping at about 5 weeks and again at about 7-8 weeks.  The midwife told me that sometimes it takes your body a while to get used to being pregnant and you can get breakthrough bleeding or spotting, around the time your period would normally be due.  I was told not to worry if it was only small amounts and no cramping.

Don't worry if you're not eating to much, you baby will get what it needs from you anyway - they are like a parasite!!  Just try and keep your fluids up if possible and try and eat little and often.  I found in the early weeks I just wanted really bland foods - carbs like bread and potatoes etc.

HTH!

Amanda
x

·
Registered
868 Posts
Hi Dragon,

I too had this at 6 and 7 weeks. I was told by Doctors that it is because of your uterus stretching some small blood vessels can burst which causes the spotting.

Try not to worry ( easier said than done i know ! )

Bell xxx

1 - 3 of 3 Posts