Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone.
Ive just received my choose and book letter to start the IVF process. My husband and I have had the tests via GP and he has low sperm count. My tests have so far come back ok.

I have a few questions if anyone could share some of their wisdom:
1. Have you had your initial checks via Bolton and how were they?
2. Have you had your checks via Bolton and then gone on to be referred to Care (either Manchester or Bolton) rather than St Mary's
3. I'm currently over the recommended BMI (weight) and have 26 pounds to loose before I'm at the right level - I know the initial checks will weigh me, will they reject me for IVF there and then and make the Dr re-refer me or will they accept me for IVF and put the referral through on the condition that I loose the weight before the treatment begins (I am currently crash dieting, not healthy I know but currently feels like my only choice as I dont want to delay the process as I'm already 36 years old and its taken 2 years to get to this point - so I hope by the time of my first appointment I should only be around 10 pounds overweight)

Lots of questions I know so any answers would be gratefully received.

·
Registered
698 Posts
First of all good luck on your jouney through the IVF process. We had all our checks via bolton GP & Hospital, this included day 21 bloods to check ovulation etc, semen analysis and i had a hsg due to previous ectopic. I was just within the BMI limit on first consultation thanks to weight watchers so cant offer much on that point of view. We had our treatment through the satelite unit a Leigh Assisted Conception Unit (i now believe its wigan & writington hospital). The egg collection & transfer was done at Manchester Care. All the scans to watch my egg folicles were done at leigh then once we got our BFP we had a 6 week & 8 week scan done at leigh then discharged to own gp/midwives. Hope you have a stress free cycle, mine was the perfect cycle where everything seemed to go to plan and we got pg first go and 2 frozen for future use. Good Luck x

1 - 3 of 3 Posts