Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya

Our nephew who is 8 knows nothing our our family plans! We have thought long and hard about how to explain the whole adoption thing, and my thoughts are that we should explain in the simplest form, and only give more information as he asks. Now his own Mum is pregnant, it is vital that we can explain the differences between Mum having a baby and Auntie having a baby!

We are looking for a book that tells a child of a baby/child coming to live with their family. We don't want it to be too babyish as he'll be 9 in the new year but not too grown up either!!

Any suggestions please??!!

Thank you.  :)

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
On our course they showed us some books about a squirrel whose mummy and daddy couldn't look after him and how he had to go and live with someone else.  I think they are produced by BAAF.  I know I explain it quite babyish here but i am not sure about the age suitability of the book.  It is designed for adoptive parents to use with their adoptive children.

Hope this helps.

Karen x

·
Registered
334 Posts
is that the one called nutmeg gets adopted?

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
That's the one Kylie

Karen x

·
Registered
510 Posts
Hi ever,
          Yes they showed us that one too and it looks really good. I have just ordered it off amazon along with a load of there reading material to keep me busy for the next few months!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is a baaf book bit is cheeper on amazon.

Mandyxx

1 - 5 of 5 Posts