Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fabulous ladies!

I’m hoping for any recommendations regarding books to explain egg donation to our toddler (22 months). We have always been totally open about using a donor with friends and family, so would like to start talking about it with her super early before she hears it from anywhere else.

We are so proud to have a child who represents the kindness and altruism of a wonderful donor and was loved and wanted so much by her parents... We are looking for stories and picture books that celebrate this and really emphases the positives of being born from egg donation.

Any recommendations appreciated!!

·
Registered
212 Posts
HI  - the DCN bookshop might be useful for books from the selection they have on their website for children  . I am about to start DD treatment atm so if I could just add that any book recommendations for this would be helpful too - thank you xx

·
Registered
1,025 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Just wanted to share an update on this - my daughter is now sleeping with her DCN book. It’s her favourite and she asks me to read it to her multiple times a day. She’s not yet two so she doesn’t “understand” but she loves it and pointing to the parents and the baby in it.

I must have read “mummy’s eggs didn’t work” or “mummy and daddy were sad when they couldn’t have a baby” about 50 times and when I first read the book to myself I was in floods of tears. Now it feels like something factual and true and it doesn’t make me
feel sad.

I write this pregnant with our second DE child and I’m lucky but wanted to let you know that I’m glad this book is in our collection and will be as well read as the classics

Xx

·
Registered
150 Posts
I read Mommy was your tummy big? To my sons

·
Registered
964 Posts
We’ve got The Itsy Bitsy Gift of Life which is a good one. My son loves it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts