Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there.... trying to relax and chill out whilst we waited for our testing to be completed. it now is and we need ICSI. i have been relaxing by reading trashy novels (!) but decided that now i have 3 weeks off over xmas and 9lbs to loose i need to read more and eat a little less. can anyone recommend any fiction books on IVF/ICSI? i have a batch of non-fiction medical books and dip in and out when i need clarification, is what id' reallyt like is a fiction book so i have an understanding of emotions and daily life. thanks in advance

·
Registered
429 Posts
hi, this is a good idea for a thread!

I have read  Pregnancy Wishes and IVF Dreams: A Story and Lessons About Life, Love and Infertility by Kelley R. Taylor  (from amazon)

It is a true story but is told in diary style - all about a woman's journey through infertility and then IVF. Warning though - it does make you cry! It really hit home with all the feelings i was experiencing and i even lent it to my mum so she could see how i felt xxx

·
Registered
124 Posts
Hi Tinkerbela,

I can recommend Making Babies the Hard Way, Living with Infertility and Treatment by Caroline Gallup.  Like the one Samsa has read, it is a true story but written in a diary style with contributions from her husband.

I read it while going through tests and investigations, and found it really helpful from an emotional perspective. She has IUI rather than IVF/ICSI, but I think it's just as relevant in terms of emotional preparation etc and coming to terms with needing and going through treatment.

Good luck with your treatment.  ^hugme^

·
Premium Member
2,142 Posts
Inconceivable by Ben Elton- is good funny and moving, I can't remember if they end up having full IVF but it is all about fertility treatment,

Was made into a film as well,

Livity

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.