Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

When should I think about changing the teat size for Bobbie's bottle feeds? I hadn't really thought about it before but just read something on here.  He does feed well but has been leaving an oz or two and falling asleep and I'm wondering whether its because its hard work for him to get milk out of size 1 teats - we are using Tommee Tippee closer to nature bottles.

Any advice??

Thanks
Kerry
xx

·
Premium Member
20,424 Posts
I changed mine once they started taking longer to feed and/or not finishing them (almost as if it were too much like hard work). They do have a guide on them as to what age they are aimed at but remember this is just a guide - dd was on the 6+ months one's at 3/4 months so they really are all different.

Chux xx

·
Premium Member
7,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanx Chux, will have a look in Mothercare this week and see if I need to go up to the next one.

xx

·
Premium Member
4,396 Posts
Kerry - rosie went up a teat size at 1 month as she kept falling asleep whilst feeding but she has only just gone up to the + 3month ones and she is 5 months old.  ::)

It sounds like he needs to go up hun. Try him and see...i tried to put rosie up at 3 months cos i thought i should and most of the milk poured down her chin  ;D ;D

big kiss to bobbie from rosieXXXXX

·
Premium Member
6,690 Posts
When we changed L's teats i just sterilised 1 along with his normal one to see how he got on first. Didnt need the old teat so they promptly got put away  ;D

This way you can see how he copes and if its too much you can swop back  :)

Nikki xx

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
I use Avent bottles, but Thomas stayed on size 1 (newborn) until he was at least three months.  I tried moving up to size 2 (1-3 months) several times, but he guzzled so quickly he kept being sick.  It may have been that because I was still b/f he just couldn't cope with a bottle being so much quicker than the breast.  Eventually he was OK on them, and then I moved to size 3 quite soon after. 

Remember the ages are only guides ... if they fall asleep you probably need a faster teat, but if they're sick regularly then a slower one is probably better.

K x

·
Premium Member
4,758 Posts
C is, and has been for about 3mths now, on the size 4 teats as he kept getting really annoyed about how fast the milk was coming. But, C is a lazy feeder and wants the milk to just pour down his throat!!  ;D ;D

Just try the next size up and see what happens xx

1 - 7 of 7 Posts