Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Premium Member
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have just started D/R for blastercyst transfer on May 10th. I can't find a thread for Bourn so thought i'd start one.

Am i not looking close enough have i missed the Bourn thread?

Fiona

·
Registered
167 Posts
Hi
I think alot of the Bourn girls post on the EAST Anglian thread in meeting places. But as our problem is severe male factor I've always posted on the iCSi male factor thread.
There are a couple of other girls  having treatment at Bourn that I am aware of -Mookie and Roomby. Mookie has just had bFP!!
We have only had one consultation so far and are there for follow up tomorrow how does Bourn rate compared with the other clinics you've been to??

Good luck with your blastocyst transfer ^reiki^ ^reiki^
Love
xxx

·
Registered
107 Posts
Hi Fiona & blueeyes

I think having a Bourn thread is a great idea, it's nice chatting with others that are at the same place and you never know who you may bump into in the waiting room!

I am having tx at Bourn to, and had ec last Friday with the aim of going for blastocyst this time. However today is day 3 so am having to call the clinic today to see how the embies are doing and may have to go for day 3 transfer if it's looking risky as we had 5/10 eggs fertilise. Fiona have you had blastocyst transfer before? I must say it is a very nerve racking time waiting to hear how the little ones are doing - it sounds so easy when they recommend blastocyst then you are left worrying in the inbetween days.

Good luck to you both with your tx ^fairydust^

Cassie ^rainbow^

·
Premium Member
524 Posts
Cassie!

I saw the time of your post!!! Get back to bed and get your feet up!
Thinking of you today hun  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

I think a Bourn thread is a good idea too. Good luck with your treatment Fiona. Keep us informed and blueeyes good luck for today with your follow up  ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Mookie
xxx

·
Registered
164 Posts
Hi girls,

I'm happy to join a bourn thread. DH and I were there today for a follow up after his SSR. It's a nice place, especially when it is sunny as it was this morning.
Although we would have a few things to say about the andrologist, everyone else at Bourn is lovely. We're going to go for blastocysts too. I'm hoping to start Dregging for the first time around 9th May.
I think Bourn would be better if each couple was assigned a point of contact on their first visit, and that person was then available to help with forms, adding up costs, arranging appointments, getting tests & results together before appointments etc. What do you girls think?

Roomby :)

·
Registered
122 Posts
Smashing idea!

We have our 1st consultation at Bourn tmw morning, hopefully we are having ICSI, but H has servere male infertility, so we are borderline, I am really hoping that we feel a bit more informed and positive after tmw.

Good luck to all having treatment x

·
Premium Member
524 Posts
I think it's a good idea but it is unlikely to work in practice as a cycle, from starting down-regging to the end, lasts about 6 weeks. I doubt over such a long period of time the assigned nurse would always be available because of shift patterns, leave etc.

I have to say I found all the nurses wonderful, very caring, and at all times they seemed to know what stage I was at and what was going on.

Roomby, I was there today too for 10 minutes picking up more cyclogest! I've never met the andrologist but have met three of the consultants and they are lovely too!

Mookie
^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

·
Registered
167 Posts
OMG we were all there today and didn't know you were there too!!
We were seeing Mr H (andrologist) at lunchtime. I was the one sobbing in the car park!!!! :(
I can't believe it.
I take that this is now the official bourn thread!!
Good luck everyone.
xxx

·
Premium Member
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi All,

What's an andrologist???????????

Whats SSR?????????

You'd think i'd know the lingo after all this time ;D

I prefer having blastercysts as it cuts the 2ww and atleast you know how the embies are doing rather than guessing if they are still dividing and growing inside you.

I'm sad cos if this attempt fails we will have to move clinic as Bourn don't do PGD. i really like it there. Never mind hopfully it will work this time and i will never have to go near a fertility clinic again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Take Care All

Fiona

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi All
Bourn thread is a great idea.
I have ET tomorrow if there are any embies left.  4 out of 12 were viable as of this morning.
Fingers crossed
Looking forward to chatting to you all

·
Registered
107 Posts
^reiki^ Good luck Selfish for your e/t today ^reiki^

I am sure you will have two lovely embie to put back. Let us know how you got on. All being well I shall have day 5 embie put back on Wednesday, have to call clinic today for a progress report ^reiki^ ^reiki^.

Great to get this thread going ^gossip^!

love
Cassie

Ps. My excuse for the early morning posting Mookie is DH was up for work at 5.45am!!

·
Registered
239 Posts
Hello!

Can I join you girls too, I'm having transport cycle with Bourn Hall, so we only have ET at Bourn and the scans etc at my local hospital which cuts out quite a lot of travelling!  How far does everyone else have to travel?  I think the nurses are so lovely there.. Really praying this will be my LAST visit there please!!  ^reiki^

Mookie - Congratulations!!! That is great news at the start of this thread!!!!
Selfish - GOOD LUCK! I have posted for you on the Blastocyst thread too.
Cassie - Loads of luck with your embies!  Have you had any news yet? Got my fingers crossed for you..

Just wanted to check about the taking of 75mg of aspirin, has everyone been told by Bourn Hall to take it?

^hello^ to everyone else too and lots of luck to you all!
Kelly X  ^rainbow^

·
Registered
164 Posts
Mookie and Blueeyes - can't believe we were all there at the same time! DH and I saw Mr H. Appt was at 11, but we saw him at around 11.30 in the end. Then we had lunch in the cafeteria. Didn't see anyone crying in the car park. I have been looking around at everyone when I'm there, wondering if they are FF people. Maybe we should have badges?

Roo

·
Premium Member
452 Posts
Mookie - I just read this thread out of interest because we went to Bourn Hall for SSR.  So just caught up on the news of your BFP!!!!  ^BFP^ That's absolutely fantastic, I'm delighted for you!  ^banana^ ^cloud9^ ^pompom^ ^banana^

Wishing you a happy and healthy pregnancy,
love Caroline xxx

p.s Roo, Mr H the andrologist:  wouldn't win any awards for bedside manner, would he?

·
Premium Member
524 Posts
Thanks Caroline. Congrats to you too - glad to see the wedding went well. Sorry to hear about the early ovulation but hope the month passes by quickly for you so you're on your way! Best of luck with the upcoming treatment for you and dh  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

·
Premium Member
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hi All,

Good luck for anyone have Et in the next few days.

I have booked to have acupunture next week , has anyone got any experiance of this.

Fiona

·
Registered
107 Posts
Hi Fiona, Mookie, Roomby, Sweetcaroline & KellyM

Heard from the clinic that we now have 3 embies still going, praying that we will have at least one for transfer tomorrow.  As my DH had if we'd gone for day 3 transfer they may have put back in the two that didn't make it to this morning! 

KellyM, Bourn hasn't told me to take baby asprin but I have heard a few people mention it on FF to keep good blood flow to the uterus lining.  I only live 20 minutes from Bourn and it's on my way to work so makes it easy for appointments.

Will let you know what happens tomorrow.

Lets hope it will all be our last cycle at Bourn and only have to go back for our 90 day scans!

love

Cassie

·
Registered
167 Posts
I can't believe it -Roomby our appointment was 1130 with Mr H but we must have gone in when you left. We were sat by the right hand window. Does your DH have spiky hair? Or am I remembering a different couple!
Did you all chose Bourn 'cos it was closest or other reasons?
Fiona Takes us about 40 mins to get to Bourn.
Good luck with the embies Cat. ^reiki^
Selfish hope all went well today ^reiki^
Fiona - an andrologist deals with male hormones like testosterone etc so we are seeing one as DH hormones are up the creek. SSR is surgical sperm retrieval.

Anyway great thread perhaps badges would be a good plan.
Good luck everyone ^reiki^
xxx

·
Registered
41 Posts
Congratulations Mookie!
Good luck with today Cassie.
Glad you joined this thread too Kelly - good luck.

I am now in 2ww! With one blast in the freezer.  We're going away for a few days R&R so I look forward to catching up with all your news next week.
Take care

·
Registered
164 Posts
Hi girls,

Caroline - nice to hear from you. Glad you decided about DI  ;) Hope it all goes perfectly for you. I agree that Mr H wouldn't win any prizes for his manner. On our first visit we asked lots of questions and he made a comment about having 'an intellectual debate'. Still, he did the job for us and we don't have to see him any more ^clapping^

Blueeyes - yes, DH does have spikey hair and mine is dark. We were sitting in the corner opposite the window at the stereo end of the room. Sad to say, that I am totally unobservant and I can't remember who else was in the room.  :-\. Maybe next time we can look out for each other.

Cassie -  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ for today.

love

Roo

1 - 20 of 92 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.