Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Hi girls

congratulations pickles!!!!  ;D  ;D  ^banana^ ^clapping^ ^Exercise!2^ ^pompom^ ^spin^

Kez - please don't give up yet! I know that the suspense must be awful and it's easier to think it wont' work than to believe that it will, but keep your chin up, hun. It's not over until AF arrives and you're so nearly there.  ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^.

So we're meeting on 4th July, then? How about somewhere in Cambridge such as Pizza Express?

Love to all,

Roo
x

·
Premium Member
1,565 Posts
Hi guys,

Roo, 4/7 is good for me. Pizza Express would be fine but we should specify which one as there are two in the City.

Pickles,  ^pompom^ ^pompom^ ^pompom^ many, many congrats on your BFP  ^pompom^ ^pompom^ ^pompom^. If it helps my HCG level was 231 so 456 is a very high count (could be twins?) Enjoy this feeling...

Tulip, Best of luck for your scan tomorrow. I found the baseline OK, they made suitable encouraging noises but didn't confirm a start date for stims until they had the results of the blood test in the afternoon.

Anyway short of time tonight so must run. Take care everyone.

Love and luck.

Edna

·
Registered
581 Posts
Hi ladies

Well I feel really bad  :'(

I couldn't last any longer and did a HPT test!! (Day 9 after e/t) and it was negative. This I feel is the total end.

I know there is still a little more hope but lets face it not much.

Has anyone out there tested on day 9 and still gone to get a BFP!!

We are both looking towards next lot of treatment which were hoping will be in Aug sometime.

Sorry I can't be more positive, but this really feels like the end now  :'( :'(

Love and  ^fairydust^

Kez xx

·
Registered
226 Posts
Hi Kez

Dakin here. Not sure whether You got the e-mail I sent you (not very good at this hi tech stuff!!)

Sorry to hear about your test but I think day 9 is really really early to be testing?? Maybe I'm wrong? Maybe more experience FFs will know different. But last time we tested on day 12 and only got a very very faint positive result with one of those early response tests - so don't give up hope yet. It ain't over till AF comes. Try to stay positive  ^reiki^ (she says!!!). :)

I had baseline scan on 14th and start stimming on 18th (delay due to fact I'm having EC with a general anaesthetic as a big wimp!) So fingers crossed for EC on 29th/30th and ET on 1st/2nd. Oh my God!! Quite soon!

Catch up tomorrow!

Dakin xx

·
Registered
581 Posts
Hi Dakin

Thanks for replying. Didn't get email I'm afraid.

My emotions are up in the air at the moment and am getting upset so early.

Other people are saying its to early too, but I suppose this way I can start thinking its over and I can give my mind a few days to get over this before I have to return to work. I know next time I will be going back to work after 3-4 days after transfer.

Fingers crossed you for hun!!

Kez xx

·
Premium Member
797 Posts
Dakin - Your not a wimp. I had EC under local once and said never again. This process is stressful enough withour having to worry about being uncomfortable.

Pickles - Congratulations, aren't we doing well at Bourn, one rule though..... none of you pregnant ladies are allowed to eat gerkin sandwiches with chocolate sauce when we meet for dinner on the 4th  ;D

Kez - Keep your chin up, My Dh saw your wedding photo last night and said "she's Ding Dong" what can i say.

I start HRT tonight had to have more blood tests yesterday, they never normally bother me but the last 2 have really hurt. The nurse says that my veins are scared from multipul blood tests... can they not take blood from anywhere else?????

Hi to everyone

Fiona

·
Registered
239 Posts
Morning Girls!!

CONGRATULATIONS PICKLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
^BFP^ ^BFP^ ^BFP^ ^BFP^ ^BFP^ ^BFP^ ^BFP^
WOW!!!!! That is fantastic news!!!!!!!!! That does seem like a high HCG count too!!!!!!! You must be so pleased!!!!!! I was so excited when I did my hpt early, but when they confirm from bloods then you feel like you can really believe it!!! Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!

Tulip - Good luck with your scan today!!! ^goodluck^ Sounds like those side effects have kicked right in! Hope everything went great and you will be on your way to those jabs asap! As for EC, it is not as bad at all as you think it will be, I have alwasy either had GA or heavy sedation so you don't know anything about it anyway. You can be a bit uncomfortable afterwards, but I honestly find the excitement of everything all happening overides any discomfort, as by that stage you waiting to find out how many eggs, then how many embies and it's so exciting I find that takes over! I'm sure you'll feel the same!

Kez - How are you today hun?? Just going to message you to check you are ok. Hope you are feeling better about things today, I know it's so hard but really try to keep busy if you can over the next few days? You're really getting there now, and it really is still too early to test but I wont have a go! Sending you loads of ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ and loads of ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Fiona - Glad you have now started the HRT - on the next stage now ;) Be great for us to all meet up, the 4th is good for me as long as it is with you Kez!

Edna - Glad your pains have eased right off, sounds like everything is going well!

Cassie - Great news about your scan - lots of luck!!!! Wow I bet Baby's grown so much since your last one!!!!

Roo - Glad you're doing ok, and so pleased you and DH are looking forward to your next cycle.

Hello to anyone I have missed! ^hello^

Well so pleased because yesterdays scan was all good! Bubs has grown a lot in 2 weeks!!!!! But of course is still so little!!! Our consultant was really happy and said everything is just as it should be and said Bubs has a really good strong heartbeat! On our first scan the heart was like a little flutter, but yesterday it was thumping away!! Wow so overwhelming! We even got 2 pics, so really chuffed! Next scan is 1st July so we're lucky to get another one soon. Can't wait!

Well loads of love to you all,
Love Kelly XX ^rainbow^

·
Registered
581 Posts
Hi ladies

Feeling a little more  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ today, thank you for all your messages you lovely ladies.

4th July should be fine with me, but will just have to check that I can leave work early on that night. What time are we thinking about???

Kelly - So very glad that your scan went well. Good that you have another scan so soon, must be more reasurung when you see bubs more oftern. Bless you will have to put scan pics on website, would love to have a look  :)

Fiona - Glad you have started on HRT!!! Regarding the pic of me, I'm speech less, but unforn that was 3 years ago and have changed a bit. Now have brown hair  :)

^hello^ to all my other Bourn Hall friends. Are you coming on your own on the 4th or are we bring DH's as well!!!!

Love to all

Kez xx

·
Registered
164 Posts
Hi girls,

my DH would love to come too. Let's build a list of who is coming and who wants to bring DH. So far I think its:

Roo + DH
Mookie + DH
Kez + DH
Fiona?
Pickles?
Cassie?
Kelly

Please type a list and add yourself (and your DH if he's interested) if you're not on here, or you have a question mark. That way, we can hopefully build up a list of everyone.

Kez, could you make it for 7.30 or 8? Anyone else have a problem getting to Cambridge for then?

Hope everyone is well and happy,

Roo
x

·
Registered
164 Posts
P.s. please also say if your DH doesn't want to come and/or you would prefer a girls only night.

For me, I may not be able to come without DH as 4th July is the 10th anniversary of when we met and he'd be  :'( if I left him at home! However, don't let that influence anyone. We can have another meeting and I'd rather everyone was happy with the plan.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Hi Roo

Yes I am fine with DH's coming. Mine would like to come as well that way he can do one of the journey's  ;D

I should be ok with 7.30pm if ok with everyone else. I will leave work early!!!

Have we decided on where to go yet. I think I will need directions!!

Kelly - It takes about 1 hr and 15 mins from here to get to Cambridge so is it ok for you to be at mine about 6pm, please say if not mate???

Hello to everyone else

Kez xx

·
Premium Member
797 Posts
My DH won't be there as he will have Elliot, i'm not bothered either way if people bring their DH's or not. The more the merrier.

Fiona

·
Registered
122 Posts
Pickles - OMG OMG  ^BFP^ ^BFP^ ^BFP^ ^BFP^ ^BFP^ fab news!!!

Kez - Glad you are feeling more  ^reiki^, hang in there poppet, it ain't over 'til the old hag turns up!

Well I had my baseline scan, I am fully D/R and I started my stimms last night, I managed to do the injection myself which I am really proud of (until Jan 05 I had a real needle phobia), they have doubled my dosage though I am now on 300 iu instead of 150 iu, I don't mind the dosage so much, but the cost has doubled eek!  Fingers crossed it works!

The meet up sounds like a really good plan, but it's just after my ET so I think I had better stay at home on the sofa  :-\

Love and best wishes to everyone

Tulip

·
Registered
127 Posts
Hi everyone

Tried to post twice yesterday and computer kept crashing right at the end of me typing - ARGH!!!!!!!!!!

Fingers crossed this post works.

Firstly, thank you all so much for your congratulations.  I still can't believe its happened.

Tulip - Great news re starting stimms and well done you for being able to do the injection yourself.  I got my DH to do it for me.  Grow follies  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^.

Roo - you're a star for organising the get together, I do want to be there as I'd love to meet everyone but we are on holiday (off to Italy by car yipee!!) from 2nd to 16th July so I have my fingers crossed that there will be another get together later in the summer.

Kez - how are you doing sweetie???  Sending you lots of  ^fairydust^. Not long now, take it easy. x

Kelly, Edna, Mookie and Cassie - OMG!  I can't believe I have joined the BFP club.  I am getting used to the cramping now, BH are insistant that its normal.  Edna - how is your now?  Any advice for the early weeks?  I hope you are all doing really well.

Fiona - hello, glad to hear all is going well in your treatment.  I know what you mean about the blood tests, I think my veins have had enough too as I am sitting here looking at a giant bruise from my Day 15 blood test!

Love and  ^fairydust^to all
Pickles
x

·
Registered
581 Posts
Hi ladies

Pickles - How are you hun!! I am ok trying so hard to think  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ but not really getting very far. Am so sure A/F will be here soon.
Sorry you can't be at the meeting but I am sure we will arrange another one soon.

Tulip - Glad scan went well hun, and so pleased your on the last part - stimms.
I so understand about not coming on the 4th, I would be the same.

Fiona - Ok about DH what it will be nice to meet you hun.

Hello to everyone else

Kez xx

·
Registered
239 Posts
Morning Girls!

Kez - Have messaged you, but really hope you are doing ok today?? Please hang in there, remember I felt so down the few days before.  Sending lots of  ^fairydust^ x  Thanks so much for saying about coming with you to the meet, just trying to work out what to do!  Really appreciated mate!

Tulip - Well done you!!!! Onto the jabbing now then!! Bet it really feels like it's all happening now for you!  You have done really well considering you had a needle phobia, so good on you girl!  I was also on 300i.u so I'm sure you'll get a great response too.  When is your first scan??

Pickles - Bet you are still loving that feeling and taking it all in!!!! Fantastic!! I had loads of cramping too in the first 2-3 weeks, and at first I was really paranoid, but it has gone now apart from the odd one and kind of stretchy pains.  I didn't realise, but it does seem like most people get the same, so try not to worry!  ;) The ovaries are still a bit stimulated so they sometimes take a few weeks to calm down a bit.  When is your scan booked?? How exciting!

Hi Fiona, Roo, Edna, Cassie and Mookie too!  ^hello^
Well so want to come to the meet but really not too sure what to do as I still have an hour drive from Kez's and just over 2 hours total from Cambridge and if we are meeting 7.30-8ish, it means I'll have to drive back to mine on my own very late which I don't really think DH would be very happy about at the moment!! Think it would be just too late for me unfortunately!  But don't worry, as for most of you it works out great so it wouldn't be fair to try and work around me.  Would really love to be there, maybe we could arrange another in the summer on a Saturday/Sunday for a daytime meet lunch??    as I would so love to meet you all!! 
Love Kelly xx
^rainbow^

·
Registered
226 Posts
Hi there Bourne Hall Girls!

Dakin here - like the idea of you all meeting up - might try that for us Liverpool women's girlies!

Kez -  ^reiki^ glad you are feeling more positive! Hang in there.

Fiona - EC def under GA - couldn't bear the thought of any unnecessary pain!

Good Luck everyone  ^fairydust^

Speak soon

Dakin xx

·
Registered
107 Posts
Hi BH girls

Pickles - so pleased for you with your  ^BFP^, I knew it looked like a cert when you had tested positive with the hpt.  As Kelly says the cramping only last for a couple of weeks and is replaced by nausea!  Bet you can't wait for that.

Kez - Thinking of you and hoping that the  ^witch^ stays away for the next 9 months for you  ^reiki^ ^reiki^.

Tulip - now your rocking and rolling with the stims, bet it's felt like a long time coming, lots of  ^jumpin^ ^banana^ ^jumpin^ ^banana^ ^jumpin^ vibes for your follies to grow.

As for the meeting please count me in, I will be coming on my own - it's not DH's kind of thing really listening to girls talk.  4th July is also fine for me, I don't mind travelling.

Anyway, have yourselves a good weekend and keep cooling (I think I'm going to buy a fan before they all sell out).

lots of love

Cassie  ^cat^

1 - 20 of 105 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.