Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Hi Rachel

I can't believe it's that long! Our Dr told us that there are rules that you have to start treatment within 18 weeks of being referred - is this not the case? It's so dissapointing because I really didn't think it would be that long.

I am only 25 but my partner is 32 and we have been ttc for 2 years which already seems a lifetime! I can't remember where the other places were that we could choose from, but I didn't think there were any other places that were that close by. We only live up the road from Bourn too so it would be a lot easier to go there.

I think I'll be calling Bourn every month just to see what the waiting times are....!

Thanks for your help.

Helen xx

·
Registered
179 Posts
Helen, you'd have a consultation within 18 weeks like your GP said but like Rachel said it's longer than that until you can start treatment.  Wishing you luck with your treatment. x.

·
Registered
64 Posts
My time line last year was initial appointment with a gynaecologist through my GP was Feb 2009, return visit in July 2009 when I had lost sufficient weight.  I got my appointment in November 2009 and started (after I'd had AF in December) down regs in February 2010.

I also found it very hard to get to Bourn at all despite TTC for 10 years now. We seemed to reach Addenbrookes and they'd poke and prod a bit.  Eventually they said I was unexplained and that was it.  No other help was offered by the NHS so in 2006 we'd saved just enough to go privately which we did 3 times only to be told I have PCOS and wasn't unexplained at all. I was absolutely determined to get NHS funding last year after being misdiagonosed but if this go doesn't work then we're back to private funded as I am now too old. 

All I can offer in advice is to nag your GP or gynaecologist - I had to keep pushing ours, as we'd dropped of the radar in the past and I bitterly regret not kicking butt with them 10 years ago.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi, I have just been referred to BH for NHS IVF, I was seen 3 weeks ago at my local hospital but still haven't heard anything about my 1st consultation, I know it might be early days but getting a little anxious.  Just wondered if anyone else was in the same postion as me??

·
Registered
222 Posts
Hi Chelle

I was refered on 23rd Dec'09. I hadn't heard anything a few weeks later so i called them. They said that i was booked in for a seminar and my first consultation in the march'10. I attended both of these and was booked in to start my first treatment in the July. I am not sure what the waiting times are now but if you call them they will let you know.
Good luck in the future with your treatment xx

·
Registered
24 Posts
Thanx Dawnie! Will give them a buzz! Heres to a successful 2011  :)

21 - 26 of 26 Posts