Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all

Just wondering if anyone has continued to breast feed and planning an ivf cycle?

I assume you can't cycle and continue to breast feed! But what about having hormone blood test such as amh, fsh and lh!

Any info would be great. We always said no more treatment but we might have one more go! Might!!

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
I think they say you have to stop feeding before you cycle again but it depends on the clinic how long for. Personally, I think people get pregnant all the time while they are still bf and for us, as our issues are all mf, if I'm still feeding when we try again, I won't mention it! It'll only be morning and evening anyway and I got my period back a few months ago so I'm guessing all the hormones are back on track. x

·
Registered
924 Posts
At my initial appointment after having lo my clinic told me I had to stop breast feeding and have a regular cycle back before I could start tx. Frustrating really as encouraged me to stop breast feeding quite quickly so was not very comfortable!!! Think it good idea not to have any other hormones from breast feeding in your system tho cuz guess they think they could affect ur response.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Hi hun

i was told by my clinic that i had to have 3 periods before we could cycle again however my periods came back when Libby was 11 months old so i carried on bf'ing until a month ago which i when i started my drugs........i just didn't want to risk passing any of the drugs onto her (even though im sure it would have been harmless!)

good luck
love
Suze xx

·
Registered
521 Posts
This is really interesting as I am currently thinking about what we are going to do. Our clinic say that we can start treatment after our first period after stopping completely. I really want to do another round of IVF (of course I would rather it would happen naturally, my periods are back!) but when I was just giving DD her bedtime feed thinking I don't want to give that up.

I read somewhere that the drugs stop your milk supply and I wouldn't want such high levels of hormones getting into my milk supply - it's bad enough that we have to take them!

·
Premium Member
19,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think I won't rush stopping yet kinda plan to within 6 months and so praying my dd will self wean to save the heartache of that last feed.

My periods are pretty regular but along side the normal ivf drugs I have to take others too so deffo wouldny nurse through this

Think I better wait to even have fsh lh and amh done too.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Ive just had a successful FET whilst breastfeeding :) (a few of us on here have)
Meds did not affect my milk supply whatsoever.
All the drugs are naturally occuring hormones just in slightly higher doses and wont be absorbed by stomach (yours or babies) hence them needing injecting, cant be taken orally.
Lots of good info here.

http://www.babydustdiaries.com/2010/06/breastfeeding-through-fertility-treatments-ivf-and-fet/

Good luck
x Bam

above post contains a link unrelated to ff

·
Premium Member
19,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I need to take high dose steriods though ivf in tablet form which I'm assuming would get into milk

Anyway more tx is on the back burner for a good while
Btw mega congratulations

1 - 8 of 8 Posts