Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had mastitis when not b/feeding?

I stopped b/feeding my dd about 10 months ago. Last wk I had a few small painful nodules around my nipple areA. They ran in a line so I presumed it was a type of mastitis. Over the last few days the lumps have become more obvious and more painful. There are more too and seem to be under my nipple area/areola.a

I'm obviously worried/scared!

I'm away from homea and not able to see my gp til middle/end of wk.

Just wondered if ny of you ff have experienced similar? I had mastitis a couple of times when b/feeding but it was in the upper part of my breast. This time its all round my nipple so is feeling alien aand scary.

Anyone??

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
^hugme^

Thanks Slinky. :-*

I went to my gp as soon as I got home as I had, by the, a huge lump in my breast :(

She told me I had mastitis and that the ducts were blocked. Ive been given 14 days antibs and have to go back early Dec to be checked. If the infection has not gone completely then I'll have to have the ducts surgically removed :-\ :eek:

I have to say the big lump has reduced considerably but the area is still tender. Ive got 5 days left of antibs yet tho ;)

How are things in your camp? Hope you all have a wonderful Christmas. :-*

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.